Which Japanese Pen Is Your Favourite, And Why?

discopig

Missed this thread before!

My first experience of true fountain pen synergy came when I got my first Platinum Izumo. I have found other pens since that offer some of the same qualities but certainly my favourite Japanese pen is the ebonite Izumo.

Proof that it is more than just one pen is that I now have several of them, different nibs too and all of them write like an extension of my hand, exactly as they left the factory. No thought to the writing itself in necessary and when I look at what I've written, invariably with an Izumo it has better form and brings out the best in my rather ill-disciplined handwriting.

Such a personal thing, it's strange that I've owned at least one of my favourite pens for longer than many others that are more widely acclaimed.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jar

• Sketch and Doodle

• discopig

• Alex2014

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Missed this thread before!

My first experience of true fountain pen synergy came when I got my first Platinum Izumo. I have found other pens since that offer some of the same qualities but certainly my favourite Japanese pen is the ebonite Izumo.

Proof that it is more than just one pen is that I now have several of them, different nibs too and all of them write like an extension of my hand, exactly as they left the factory. No thought to the writing itself in necessary and when I look at what I've written, invariably with an Izumo it has better form and brings out the best in my rather ill-disciplined handwriting.

Such a personal thing, it's strange that I've owned at least one of my favourite pens for longer than many others that are more widely acclaimed.

Yes. The Izumos too have to be among my favorites.

http://www.fototime.com/B6CBBA75372A498/medium800.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/286DB25CF1DCEF3/medium800.jpg

Beautiful.

That's a stunning collection jar. Can I ask how long you've had your Aka-tamenuri? Mine is showing much more development of the aka than either of the others but yours is stunning.

That post makes me happy. :happycloud9:

Beautiful.

That's a stunning collection jar. Can I ask how long you've had your Aka-tamenuri? Mine is showing much more development of the aka than either of the others but yours is stunning.

That post makes me happy. :happycloud9:

I'm not sure, several years or so.

Received my first Japanese pen Friday, a Platinum, from Japan. Its referred to as a pocket pen. Like the Pilot Elite. Has a soft F, 18K nib. So far I really like it. This one is a product of Japan according the seller "keisan2016" and not Singapore, where Platinum also manufactures pens. I usually use M, B, OB or Stub nibs and this F I'm liking! I lived on Okinawa, Japan, 1975-1979 while in the USAF and really have an appreciation for the culture and products made in Japan.

for me the best japanese pen is the platinum 3776 century, love that pens i own 3, one black, one blue and one red

Saludos desde Mexico, "el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz entre los hombres"