• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Uncial

• Soer

• Tas

• thott

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a bit shocked to be honest, that Visconti could let a pen like this leave the factory in such a poor condition. Beggars belief really. Anyway, the upshot is that the seller (a very reputable seller) has said they will replace it no problem. Went back in the post today. They will test the new one before sending it on to me. Hope it will end well.

• 1 month later...

Just to update, I got it and have been using it for a couple of weeks now. It is one sweet pen :)

Good to hear, Uncial!

Visconti's customer service would also have addressed the issue - which I agree is absurd on a pen of this class - without delay. I had a Rembrandt nib replaced in short order by them, no cost or hassles.

Dante del Vecchio is great and a genuine fountain pen guy.

Will

-----------------

Will von Dauster

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a Bronze HS from a well-respected online vendor, and the nib didn't meet my expectations. Now, to be fair, nearly all my ("good") pens are tuned by Mottishaw or Binder, so my expectations are very high. And I didn't feel right returning the pen to that vendor; so I sent the pen off to Mike Masuyama, where it is now. I have high hopes that upon return the Dreamtouch will match the smoothness of my various M800s and Omas 360!

In fact, I also need to send my Delta Dolcevita off for tuning. Fussy Italian pens!

• 10 months later...

I've considered removing the clip logo. It is the only part of the pen that I dislike.

Now, if Visconti paid me for the shameless advertising, I'll happily leave it as-is!

If you are brave enough to do it, post a picture :-)

Greetings

Thomas

I really hate the clip logo, too. It looks really cheap. Turns out it's just thin paint. I scraped it off with a sharp knife. This is what it looks like immediately after:

post-23036-0-65226600-1429139999_thumb.jpg

I'll buff it a little and let the patina come back over a few days and I'll post what it looks like then.

• 9 months later...

I have been using my Bronze Maxi for about 2 years now. Loved it out the box, and love it now. Based on the studies I did, if could not find anyone that had a way to completely clean the pen so that a different color ink could be used. I have stuck with Noodler's Army Green or Diamine Delamere Green exclusively. I also highly recommend the Traveling Ink Pot. Make sure you purchase the correct one. The first one I bought was too big. I believe it will be good for a MB 149.

1 Homo Sapien BA Maxi & Mech Pencil, HS Misnight in Florence, 2 Van Goghs 1 Blue Ocean Midi S Nib/1 Cappuccino Midi 14k Trim, 3 MBs 149/144/221, 2 Wm Phileas 1 Blue w/ mech pencil, 1 Demo, 1 Snorkel Sent., 3 MVs Regatta/Invincia/Artista,2 EB J - BSP,I am Not Affiliated with any website, company or product I might mention on this site."