Sailor Naginata Togi Vs Nagahara Cross Point

proton007

I understand both nibs deliver line variation based on the angle at which they're used.

I'm contemplating between these two, and would appreciate if someone can tell me what's the difference between the two in terms of writing and line variation.

In a world where there are no eyes the sun would not be light, and in a world where there were no soft skins rocks would not be hard, nor in a world where there were no muscles would they be heavy. Existence is relationship and you're smack in the middle of it.

- Alan Watts

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• proton007

• Ghost Plane

• shuuemura

• lahlahlaw

I have both a Naginata Togi Broad and a Crosspoint. In my experience, line variation is much easier to get from the Crosspoint than the Naginata Togi nib.

The Crosspoint also allows easy writing on the reverse side of the nib for a fine line. My Naginata Togi nib is scratchy when flipped over, however.

Shuuemura and Ghost Plane,

Thanks for your reply.

Should I say that, if held in the "typical" writing position, the cross point will produce a bold line?

I'm still unable to decide between the two, the naginata has that simplicity, and the cross point has novelty.

In a world where there are no eyes the sun would not be light, and in a world where there were no soft skins rocks would not be hard, nor in a world where there were no muscles would they be heavy. Existence is relationship and you're smack in the middle of it.

- Alan Watts

The cross gives an effect much like a BB turned sideways to the page instead of horizontal.

The cross gives an effect much like a BB turned sideways to the page instead of horizontal.

Actually the crosspoint nib reminds me of the architect's point on nibs.com, giving a fine downstroke and a broad cross stroke.

Edited by shuuemura

I only have the n togi, it is like writing with an ice skate, somewhat unstable. I developed a writing method where I hold the pen parallel with the direction of my writing and it behaves like a typical stub.

@arts_nibs

I only have the n togi, it is like writing with an ice skate, somewhat unstable. I developed a writing method where I hold the pen parallel with the direction of my writing and it behaves like a typical stub.

By unstable you mean controlling the line variation?

- Alan Watts

• 6 years later...

Hi, I am following in your footsteps, 7 years later! 🤣❤️

I have the exact same question; did you ever end up deciding? I would like to know your thoughts  🙂🙏 Thanks