Parker Permanent Brown (Uk) Written Review

Safari_Camo

GordonOZ

I wish I could find more "treasures", but only martians like us use fountain pens today :(

The other day visited again the store and only left the Sapphire in the store, no more old gems bottled ink, you can find the new Parker stuff, Lamy, Cross and Montblanck at the luxury store.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Safari_Camo

• PauloC

• Buzzie

• gordonhooker

I recently had a lucky break very much like you, and bought out all the remaining Parker with Solv-X bottles of blue and black: four of each. To be hoarded. The proprietress of the store was kind enough to combine half-empty bottles to full ones. I will probably dilute before I put it in a pen - and top up the half empty one she gave me as a bonus after buying all her evaporated old stock. She also gave me some empty bottles.

I have put this ink in two pens up to now, and I am very happy with the result. In fact I may be tempted to abandon the search for a Parker Penman Sapphire replica in favor of this ink.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

@Paulo

Do you feel any strong odor when you open the Parker bottle ? :) , you have 16 bottles !!?? did you purchase all tbe bottles at a closing store?, I still use it pure, no dillution.

saludos

Yes, I feel that odor but I'm very used to it for some years.

The store wasn't closing but... I think this ink was never much loved in Portugal and some 10 (or more) years ago I discovered a store that had manny on stock and I bought them all. I had some, it as my favourite ink and I was running out... Now I still have ink for some years, I think (I don't exclusively write with Quink Brown).

Yes, I add water but I don't see it as diluting the ink. I see it as puting it back to its original concentration.