A Review Of Four Ranga Handmade Pens

aswinsainarain

Nice review! I love my Bamboo equipped with a badass Waterman Ideal EF super flex nib! :happycloud9:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aswinsainarain

• mhguda

• Drone

• Mesu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These are very beautiful,. Last time when i was in India, i tried to visit them and buy the bamboo pen. But i was looking for an everyday writer and i found the ranga pens bit expensive for that. Itstead, i settled for a Ratnamson and Gem & co pen. I found GEM & Co to write so soft unlike the Ratnom pens.

It would be interesting to see how these pens stack up against one another. If somebody were to do a comparison test of Ratnam, Ranga , Gem, Deccan etc. that would be nice.

• 4 months later...

Gave in and bought one (Blue Ripple, M nib). Gorgeous, of course. The problem I have is not drying out; it's burping. I cannot get the pen to behave. I've tried changing nibs (to the Wality, which is a fine), using "thicker" inks, and I've even heat fitted the feed to the nib. Nothing works.

I'm begging for help here. What can I do to get this pen to behave and not burp? Alex.

How full is your barrel? If it is almost empty, it's almost impossible to stop it burping. Fill it up as far as it will go, and see if that helps?

Another thing to try would be to make sure no air can leak in from around the nib. Turn it around to make it fit as tight as possible? and maybe push it in a bit? It might also help to disassemble first, scrub everything down, then reassemble and aim for a tight fit. Thinking at the keyboard here, but those are some things I tried, when faced with a blurping pen.

Good luck! I'm sure it will be resolved... just let us know how?

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Alex, have you tried pre-heating the pen before use? This was suggested by Hari in another thread. You could hold the pen in your hand with the nib pointed up. This allows expanding gas to escape out the feed before use. Also, is your pen almost completely full before use? In the end, the feed might be flawed allowing to much ink out.

Gave in and bought one (Blue Ripple, M nib). Gorgeous, of course. The problem I have is not drying out; it's burping. I cannot get the pen to behave. I've tried changing nibs (to the Wality, which is a fine), using "thicker" inks, and I've even heat fitted the feed to the nib. Nothing works.

I'm begging for help here. What can I do to get this pen to behave and not burp? Alex.

Eyedroppers, especially those that hold a lot of ink, are notorious for burping leaking and spitting. The best thing I can recommend is to always keep the pen as full as possible. Of-course this defeats the purpose of the large eyedropper ink capacity.

I had an eyedropper filler that was so bad with burping it was unusable. I cut the end off cartridge and glued it to the section thereby making a "nipple" through which ink can flow. Then I attached an ink sac to the nipple with shellac. This converted the pen into a bulb filler. The lack of air in the bulb with the ink solved the burping problem.

Eyedroppers, especially those that hold a lot of ink, are notorious for burping leaking and spitting. The best thing I can recommend is to always keep the pen as full as possible. Of-course this defeats the purpose of the large eyedropper ink capacity.

I had an eyedropper filler that was so bad with burping it was unusable. I cut the end off cartridge and glued it to the section thereby making a "nipple" through which ink can flow. Then I attached an ink sac to the nipple with shellac. This converted the pen into a bulb filler. The lack of air in the bulb with the ink solved the burping problem.

I had an eyedropper filler that was so bad with burping it was unusable. I cut the end off cartridge and glued it to the section thereby making a "nipple" through which ink can flow. Then I attached an ink sac to the nipple with shellac. This converted the pen into a bulb filler. The lack of air in the bulb with the ink seemed to solve the burping problem. Or maybe it was just the fact that there was more air space in the barrel and less ink volume.