New Pen Model: The Master Scrivener

Scriptorium Pens

Introducing the Master Scrivener! I've been working on this design for a while now. It's similar to my new Scrivener in basic barrel and cap shape & size, but has peaked finials, a cap band, and a different clip. Like the Scrivener, it has a long, elegant cap typical of vintage pens like Pelikans or the Wahl Eversharp Doric and Equipoise. The material used here is the gorgeous Elven Wood alumilite by Jonathan Brooks. The cap band is copper, and the clip is Bright Copper. Comments welcome, as always!

Size: 14mm cap to barrel threads (Medium)

Nib: JoWo/Meisternib

Filling System: Cartridge/Converter/Eyedropper

Length capped: 147mm

Length uncapped: 127mm

Posted: 159mm

Cap length: 75mm

Cap diameter: 16.6

Barrel diameter: 13.7mm at threads, 14.18mm at widest, 11.3mm at end

Section diameter: 12.8mm at widest, 11.5mm at narrowest

fpn_1386551729__m_scrivener_elven-wood_d

fpn_1386551754__m_scrivener_elven-wood_d

fpn_1386551776__m_scrivener_elven-wood_d

fpn_1386551920__m_scrivener_elven-wood_d

fpn_1386552077__m_scrivener_elven-wood_d

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scriptorium Pens

• ArchiMark

• Brooks803

• fountainbel

That is one handsome vintagey looking pen!.....

Like the overall design and use of materials...the use of copper seems to go with with the alumilite. Would be great if you could have a copper-tone nib to go with it...

:thumbup:

Mark

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Yeah, a copper-toned nib would be perfect! I tried a gold-tone with it, but it definitely clashed, and the black ruthenium nib just looked blah on it, so I went with the silver. The alumilite has more of a coppery color than my pics show, but that's no surprise to anyone, I'm sure! :rolleyes:

Understand why you went with the silver.....

Not sure how I'd and most others would know that the alumilite is more coppery than pics show...as I've never seen this material in person...and doubt many others have either....

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Understand why you went with the silver.....

Not sure how I'd and most others would know that the alumilite is more coppery than pics show...as I've never seen this material in person...and doubt many others have either....

Ah, well, it's just that my picture taking skills are pretty awful.

I keep looking for the lever on the side of the barrel. It is really a beautiful vintage looking pen.

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

I keep looking for the lever on the side of the barrel. It is really a beautiful vintage looking pen.

Funny you mention that: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/255710-custom-lever-fill-fp-prototype/ Now if only I had some copper accent pieces! I'm still drooling over this one Renee!

I like the shape and overall design. The elven wood resin and copper trim look great together as well. It's too bad rose gold plated nibs are hard to find.

I've been looking at your site and your pens and contemplating! I find the shape and material of this pen very aesthetically pleasing. I like the copper furnishings. Beautiful pen!!!!

The copper is really distinctive but I'm wondering...would brass furnishings be too yellow?

Edited by linearM

I've been looking at your site and your pens and contemplating! I find the shape and material of this pen very aesthetically pleasing. I like the copper furnishings. Beautiful pen!!!!

The copper is really distinctive but I'm wondering...would brass furnishings be too yellow?

I use Jeweler's Brass for my bands, which looks more like gold in color than standard brass. Here's a description from the vendor:

Jeweler's Brass is a great color match to 14K yellow gold! CDA #230 alloy (85% copper/15% zinc); also known as red brass, NuGold, Jeweler’s Bronze or Merlin’s Gold.