Removing Jinhao X750 Nib For Replacement

brandon_mn

I bought a Jinhao x750 from the Goulets with the intent of replacing the Medium nib with a 1.1mm Goulet Italic stub.

The trick is that I can't remove the nib and feed no matter how hard I try. I grip the nib and feed as close to the section as possible without holding the section and pull as hard as I can, but the nib and feed seem held together. I've even tried soaking it in warm water for fifteen minutes. No dice.

Any recommendations for how to remove the Jinhao nib and feed? Is it really easy, and I'm just losing my mind/unbelievably weak?

Thanks again for your help!

B

"Be well, do good work, and keep in touch" - Garrison Keillor

Two Lamy Safari, F. Two Kaweco Sport, one EF, one F. One Konrad, "pequods smoke." One Pilot/Namiki Vanishing Point, F.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brandon_mn

• flexnib

• Sasha Royale

• c4bb0ose

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chinese pens seem to have a flat spot inside which makes taking the nib out a little more difficult. You can't turn it out you just have to wiggle or jiggle it out. Takes a bit of a pull but it will come out. Don't force back in. Look for the flat area and the nib unit slides in easy. Force it in wrong and it will jam.

Try wrapping blue tac around the nib and around say the section and give it a some tugging, if you have rubber gripping material that places like goulet sell then use those.

Separate the ink supply from the pen. Straight pull , with a little twist-wiggle, should be enough.

Then, wrap a flat, rubberband around the nib and feed, and pull straight out. That's all I have had to do with four or five of my Jinhao x750 pens.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Awesome, thanks all! Wrapping a rubber band around the nib and section and pulling did the trick. :) can't wait to try my hand at using an italic nib!

"Be well, do good work, and keep in touch" - Garrison Keillor

Two Lamy Safari, F. Two Kaweco Sport, one EF, one F. One Konrad, "pequods smoke." One Pilot/Namiki Vanishing Point, F.