Top Posters In This Topic

• dms525

• ongnon

• KaB

• caliken

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

THX

My wife is very pleased with her labeled containers. I see so many points for improvement ...

That's the curse of getting good at things, I suppose -- you keep finding new points for improvement. ;D I bet if you'd seen your writing now a few months ago, you'd've thought it was brilliant.

That's the curse of getting good at things, I suppose -- you keep finding new points for improvement. ;D I bet if you'd seen your writing now a few months ago, you'd've thought it was brilliant.

True, this is a sample of my writing 4 months ago: (but: at a very different speed)

13987438854_8915db24a5_h.jpg

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

i tried

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag175/ink00/italic_zps2f0fcc7c.jpg

"On every dishonest man,there are two watchmen,his possessions and his way of living."

Hazrat Umar bin Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him)

finally got to do my 'daily' exercises:

15126736126_08af721dcc_h.jpg

The underlined ones are the four I'm rather happy with...

Edited by KaB

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

May I ask you what kind of pen is that?

It's Pelikan Griffix ( M nib ) and I use 2.0 nib ( take from Pelikan Script 2.0 )

Pelikan Grifiix - only have M nib

post-109805-0-29831300-1410143320_thumb.jpg

Pelikan Script 2.0

post-109805-0-98605800-1410143418.jpg

This is my practise for today. Trying out a few different pens. The top is Diamine Claret in a Jinhao X750 with a Goulet 1.1mm nib, the second is Diamine Vermillion in an old Sheaffer No Nonsense with a medium italic nib, the third is Diamine Deep Dark Brown in a Lamy ABC with a 1.5mm nib (not sure I care for this ink/nib/paper combo), and the last is the Noodler's Apache Sunset in my good ol' Osmiroid '65.

The Osmiroid is by far the best writer, IMO, and my favourite pen at the moment.

The Goulet 1.1mm nib is really smooth -- so smooth, I almost wish it had a bit more tooth to it! That might be my problem with the Lamy 1.5mm, too. They are so smooth, my pen seems more inclined to wobble. ;p

15001910320_e1a5a6fb36_z.jpg

Now I am finally more comfortable with my o's, v's, w's, and s's. I still need to work on my k's and p's and want to go back and work on my a's and d's. It still takes me a few lines to really get settled into writing.

Edited by vermillion

This is my practise for today. Trying out a few different pens. The top is Diamine Claret in a Jinhao X750 with a Goulet 1.1mm nib, the second is Diamine Vermillion in an old Sheaffer No Nonsense with a medium italic nib, the third is Diamine Deep Dark Brown in a Lamy ABC with a 1.5mm nib (not sure I care for this ink/nib/paper combo), and the last is the Noodler's Apache Sunset in my good ol' Osmiroid '65.

The Osmiroid is by far the best writer, IMO, and my favourite pen at the moment.

The Goulet 1.1mm nib is really smooth -- so smooth, I almost wish it had a bit more tooth to it! That might be my problem with the Lamy 1.5mm, too. They are so smooth, my pen seems more inclined to wobble. ;p

15001910320_e1a5a6fb36_z.jpg

Now I am finally more comfortable with my o's, v's, w's, and s's. I still need to work on my k's and p's and want to go back and work on my a's and d's. It still takes me a few lines to really get settled into writing.

So recognisable to see you work on series of o's and e's to get them right...

Here's my struggle

15196311341_1127da60e5_h.jpg

Weird how difficult an x suddenly can become :-)

On the other side, you're right of course; got my first compliment yesterday from a collegue (who was supposed to type out some of my notes, written at a considerably higher speed than the exercises above): she had experienced no trouble figuring out what I'd written... for the first time ever.

wrote with a kalam and then outlined it with a fountain pen.

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag175/ink00/w_zpsb296fab6.jpg

"On every dishonest man,there are two watchmen,his possessions and his way of living."

Hazrat Umar bin Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him)

Posted these in another thread, here's a bit of italic practice/noodling from yesterday. Trying to get back on track with my handwriting after a long time away from fountain pens. Been looking at "Italic Variants" by Ken Fraser for inspiration and as a guide to the letterforms.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm118/DrBronze/DSC_0169_zpsd796f1da.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm118/DrBronze/DSC_0168_zps0432a824.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm118/DrBronze/DSC_0164_zps2e68a359.jpg

Posted these in another thread, here's a bit of italic practice/noodling from yesterday. Trying to get back on track with my handwriting after a long time away from fountain pens. Been looking at "Italic Variants" by Ken Fraser for inspiration and as a guide to the letterforms.

Admired and drooled when you posted it on the other thread. Drool and admire again.

Thanks for the kind words! I have to say though that while I know the writing is a lot better than it was a few years ago I find it hard to see anything but the mistakes and inconsistencies. Seems the eye is always a step ahead of the hand.....

Thanks for the kind words! I have to say though that while I know the writing is a lot better than it was a few years ago I find it hard to see anything but the mistakes and inconsistencies. Seems the eye is always a step ahead of the hand.....

"Error is in the eye of the beholder"?

Edited by KaB

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm118/DrBronze/DSC_0164_zps2e68a359.jpg

What nib is it on the Safari? If you don't mind me asking.

Pens: LAMY Safari Medium Nib with Delta Blue in converter, Bright Yellow LAMY Safari Fine Nib with R&K Helianthus in converter and a Baoer 051 with Deep Dark Purple in, you guessed it, a converter...