Just Bought A Sailor 1911, Did I Do Well?

whoelse

I got the same pen from Engeika and the plastic tag on the clip has Procolor Original in katakana printed. Since no standard Procolor is available in black, I suppose this is a custom order by Engeika. The retail price printed is Y7350 so $45 is still a great price

I got mine last week and I also noticed that the name on the tag is "Procolor" written in Katakana. Mine was $59 ppd to the US. The one I got has a medium/fine nib and did not come with a converter. I'm not sure why this is being advertised as a SAILOR 1911 PROFIT. Isn't the Profit a more lower end pen than the Procolor? Wouldn't it be better to call it a Procolor? It is a nice looking and smooth writing pen.

http://www.engeika.com/product/619

Edited by Brotzmann

fpn_1386003453__keroro_mad.gifであります!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whoelse

• Brotzmann

• vng234

• VillersCotterets

From what I understand, the Japanese market they call the 1911 as Profit (unreliable knowledge of mine).

Procolor is a cheaper model without gold nib but similar quality resin to the 1911.

The one we ordered is a special ordered with 1911 nib and black color specially for Engeika. The nib is the same for standard 1911 but in steel w/gold plated. There is no black color for the Procolor and the appointment (is it what it call?) are non gold plated.

As far as I understand, there is no music/zoom nib for Procolor only for 1911 and it's gold nib.

You can see the nib in this special run is the same as the 1911 (it even says 1911 on the nib) but steel instead of gold -- hence special ;)

I got mine last week and I also noticed that the name on the tag is "Procolor" written in Katakana. Mine was $59 ppd to the US. The one I got has a medium/fine nib and did not come with a converter. I'm not sure why this is being advertised as a SAILOR 1911 PROFIT. Isn't the Profit a more lower end pen than the Procolor? Wouldn't it be better to call it a Procolor? It is a nice looking and smooth writing pen.

http://www.engeika.com/product/619

Edited by whoelse

Thanks, I understand now!

-Kendrick

From what I understand, the Japanese market they call the 1911 as Profit (unreliable knowledge of mine).

Procolor is a cheaper model without gold nib but similar quality resin to the 1911.

The one we ordered is a special ordered with 1911 nib and black color specially for Engeika. The nib is the same for standard 1911 but in steel w/gold plated. There is no black color for the Procolor and the appointment (is it what it call?) are non gold plated.

As far as I understand, there is no music/zoom nib for Procolor only for 1911 and it's gold nib.

You can see the nib in this special run is the same as the 1911 (it even says 1911 on the nib) but steel instead of gold -- hence special ;)

fpn_1386003453__keroro_mad.gifであります!

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Engeika starting to list some on regular nib size. Zoom nib is cool and it's special to Sailor, it is like carrying 3 pens in one body. Depending on writing angle, it write from fine to broad without the need of controlling pressure just normal writing in different angle.

1410884_10200422237798713_955417930_o.jp

Did any one buy with different nib? Also can you share your writing experience with this nib?

Thanx