Just Bought A Sailor 1911, Did I Do Well?

whoelse

My first Sailor :) bought new @$45 include shipping. Did I do well on the price? It's not gold nib though, an Iridium zoom nib.

The cap band look different, is this the current version or there are variant in design?

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/NEW-Sailor-Black-1911-Profit-Iridium-Nib-ZOOM-nib-Fountain-Pen-only-for-Engeika-/00/s/NDMyWDU5MQ==/z/XyYAAOxyYYlRto-T/$(KGrHqYOKpMFGUYQoLTiBRto-T(eRQ~~60_3.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/NEW-Sailor-Black-1911-Profit-Iridium-Nib-ZOOM-nib-Fountain-Pen-only-for-Engeika-/00/s/Mzc0WDU5MQ==/z/5m8AAMXQDfdRto-T/$T2eC16NHJI!E9qSO8GiEBRto-TV3jw~~60_3.JPG?rt=nc

Edited by whoelse

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whoelse

• Brotzmann

• vng234

• VillersCotterets

Nice.. :)

Please give your comments about the nib. What is the nib width?

Size M but it's a zoom nib it suppose to: "Holding the pen at a higher angle produces a much finer line than when the pen is held at a lower angle. When held at a "normal" angle, this point delivers a "juicy medium/broad line."

It has a gold nib. Well, for $45.00, you did real well, because it costs a lot more.

Edited by Wolverine1

It has a gold nib. Well, for $45.00, you did real well, because it costs a lot more.

I think it's a gold plated nib :)

Is this a cheaper version? The clip, ban and barrel looks different still very good looking.

Edited by whoelse

Looks like a Procolor 500, not a 1911. Strange because I don't think they make black Procolors.

Maybe it's several pen parts put together.

Normal price... 50$

Edited by VillersCotterets

I think I might found it. Looks like a Profit Fude DE (a 35$ pen) in a 1911 box.

http://sailorshop.jp/pic-labo/10-0212-740-PK.jpg?ssitoken_1383059612442_

http://sailorshop.jp/SHOP/10-0212-740.html

Not the same, look at the cap band. Description by the seller:

"This is a very special pen found only in engeika store as the sailor has only made for us this special budget pens for the all writers who want to taste the sailors best nibs for best price. The model is the same 1911 model in black color wiht the Gold plated iridium nib point in Medium-fine nib size only. This pen is in process of making, completion is around in the October month and later the price is going to be high so why not reserve this pen for the best price from us."

NEW Sailor Black 1911 Profit Iridium Nib GP ZOOM nib Fountain Pen

Manufacturer: SAILOR Model number: 11-9721-720 Body: PMMA Resin Black color Nib material: Gold plated Iridium nib point Filling system: Cartridge & Engeika - customized Converter Cartridge and Engeika-customized Converter included Barrel: 17.5mm Length: 135mm (cap closed), 147mm (cap posted) Weight: 17.0g Shipping weight: 200g MADE IN JAPAN

Edited by whoelse

That`s the low-cost sailor 1911 sold only by Engeika, as far as i could tell(with "iridium" nib).

The price is right, but is the quality? We need a review !

Edited by rochester21

Yes, I sent him a mail he added some comments:

"This pen has the same shape design with Procolor 500 Series.

However, there are few differences between those 2 models.
The first one is the material of the nib section, the ring section and the clip section.
The second one is that the Procolor 500 has a classical design of the nib, and this pen has the nib design of the Profit Series."

That`s the low-cost sailor 1911 sold only by Engeika, as far as i could tell(with "iridium" nib).

The price is right, but is the quality? We need a review !

Edited by whoelse

Guys, it's here! A very beautiful pen. Everything in this pen is quality, very well made. Come factory sealed! Haven't ink up but too excited wanting to share :)

1404695_10200164013103257_186157371_o.jp

1401721_10200164014103282_897759374_o.jp

1396954_10200164014223285_2111502538_o.j

1403308_10200164014823300_625957134_o.jp

1146178_10200164015143308_1871915009_o.j

Interestingly, I thought the zoom nib will be too broad for me. From my usual writing angle around 45c it write like a normal western medium. Holding it upright around 90-70c it writes like a medium fine and broad when it's around 120c.

It's very useful!

I just tried writing nib upside down, smooth! not much difference from writing normally for smoothness. The line thickness is same medium fine and very wet. Over all, this is a very wet pen and it is like single pen with multiple purposes.

Edited by whoelse

Out of curiosity: what does it say on the side of the nib (as you point the pen to your left) please ?

Z, it's a zoom nib.

How long did it take to get yours? I ordered one but it says it will take 2-4 months to arrive. I'll probably forget I ordered it if it takes 4 months!

fpn_1386003453__keroro_mad.gifであります!

How long did it take to get yours? I ordered one but it says it will take 2-4 months to arrive. I'll probably forget I ordered it if it takes 4 months!

I ordered mine on Oct 29 and received it Nov 4th. :)

I got the same pen from Engeika and the plastic tag on the clip has Procolor Original in katakana printed. Since no standard Procolor is available in black, I suppose this is a custom order by Engeika. The retail price printed is Y7350 so $45 is still a great price

Yeah, it was a custom order by Engeika. They are now listed as $79 or something so it could be a wrong pricing when I did the purchase?

Same design as the procolor but black and gold band. I like the thick band which is also use in the newer pro gear. The nib is standard 1911 Zoom in iridium plated.

Edited by whoelse