Cross Coventry Fountain Pen At Staples.

flatline

How does this pen compare to a Cross Century?

From the pictures they seem quite similar as if the Coventry is a cheaper version of the Century.

Could someone please post a picture of the two side by side?

Thx! :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatline

• pajaro

• lovemy51

• Sinner67

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm pretty new at the fountain pen thing, but I've tried a number. Someone gave me a Cross Coventry pen (silver with gold trim) for Christmas, and it is the most problem-free pen I own. Bought the green push adapter so I can use DeAtrimis blue-green ink; the adapter and both F & M nibs write smoothly with the DeAtrimis and with the black cartridge ink that came with. I'm gonna check the local Staples; if it's $20, I might get another!

• 3 weeks later...

This pen was put out for the holiday season and it is a Townsend sizing. The other non screw in convertor will work flawlessly.

Recently inked the Chrome Coventry I got on sale a few weeks ago. With coupon it was about $12 before tax. Based on comments earlier in the thread I picked up the threaded amber converter from Amazon--fits fine. Everything working just fine so far. The only thing I find to fault is that the cap does not post well but the nib is reasonably smooth, although slightly scratchy. The ink flow is smooth and there's no problem writing with the pen unposted.

So it looks to me like either converter will work.

Edited by drtth

• 1 month later...

FYI for everyone who is buying the cross pens from staples: last week I ordered two pens on staples.com. When I got them I realized that I didn't like them, so I returned them to the store on Friday. The retail value of one pen was $35 and the other $39. I got a coupon which dropped the prices a couple of dollars. When I got to the store to return them, the salesman told me that one of the pens had been on clearance and dropped to $5.00!!!!!!!! I was so taken aback. I would therefore advise everyone to check out the pens at a Staples store before buying them online.

Nice looking pen, nice color... congrats.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

The Staples near me had some more Cross pens on sale today. I grabbed a Blue Dubai FP, but they also had Coventry BPs and Rollerballs as well as Stylus Pens. Everyone was $15.

I've been having some fun grinding the nibs on these Cross FPs. They come out rather nice.

Update: this one came out really well as a nice cursive italic. Now watch, I'll go back to the store tomorrow and everything will be gone.

Edited by mab52

• 5 months later...

Sorry to raise this post from the dead but this is the first result on Google for 'Cross Coventry Converter', and I wanted to share my personal findings.

I received a Cross Coventry Christmas 2013, and assume it was bought at a Canadian Staples. I really wanted a converter for the pen as, despite being cheap, I think it's really pretty.

Just yesterday bought the green Cross push in converter (8751 is the number on the package) and it fits the pen perfectly with no trimming required (though I was prepared to, after reading this thread). I don't know if they have changed the sizes of the pens, the converters or what, but my set (pictured below) all works grandly out of the box.

Cheers!

http://i.imgur.com/N4uPGAD.jpg

Thanks for reporting back on this, it may help others

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~