Amsterdam And Brussels Pen Stores

LeonardoDV

Any suggestions for pen stores in Amsterdam and Brussels? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Edited by LeonardoDV

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RMN

• LeonardoDV

• harrietthespy

• regid99

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you only visiting Amsterdam, or more cities in the Netherlands?

In the centre of Amsterdam, in the Kalverstraat Langebrugsteeg (see below) there is Akkerman. This is (or always was, been a while for me) a decent penshop.

Now there is another Akkerman in the Hague (in the "Passage" an arcade) that is really a must see. They share the name, The Amsterdam one once was a subsidiary to the the Hague one, and always kept the name, but they are not related any more. The shop in the Hague is known here on the forum for a range of inks in very interesting bottles, which they introduced at their 100 year anniversary a few years back. And Paul Rutte, who leads the shop these days knows a lot about pens and they have a very extensive range of pens (in the Hague).

Several other shops in the Netherlands.

Don't know about Belgium (Brussels)

D.ick

Edited to change the address above.

Edited by RMN

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

The best pen store in Amsterdam is probably PW Akkerman (http://www.pwakkerman.nl/) which is not the same, more famous penshop that is located in Den Hague but does have a large selection of pens and paper and ink. It is my go-to store here in Amsterdam. They are located on a very small street not too far from the major shopping/tourist areas and the Dam. Map and print out the location before you come so you can navigate to the store. Of course, you could go to Centraal Station and hop the train to Den Hague and visit the original Akkerman. The store is hard to find the first time you go but can be easily accessed via foot from the train station. It's a bit of a haul but you can do it.

There is a very nice paper shop/art shop near PW Akkerman called Vlieger Papier (http://vliegerpapier.nl/). It is amazing and is filled floor to ceiling on two floors with handmade papers, book binding supplies, stationary, journal and sketchbooks, and art supplies. You can spend a good hour or two in here.

There are many Gebr. Winter stationary stores in AMS. Some have fabulous selections of pens at good prices - especially Lamy as I have run into some NOS Safaris here from time to time. There is a store in the Jordaan that is very good.

Check the hours of the stores before you go as most of them are closed on Sunday and Monday.

There is a stationary store on the Harlemstraat that has a good selection of pens and paper and if you happen to be in that shopping area, look out for it as well as my favorite bag company Crumpler. The EU store has a nice selection of bags etc. than in the US.

And, there is a pen/leather bag store on the Kinkerstraat just outside the Centrum on the left side of the street as you face out. I can't remember the name of the store but it is a very nice store.

If you are driving to Brussels, you can always make a pitstop in Tilburg, home to La Couronne de Comte (http://www.lacouronneducomte.nl/) which I confess I have not visited - yet.

Hope this helps and PM me if you want any further information about Amsterdam!

The best pen store in Amsterdam is probably PW Akkerman (http://www.pwakkerman.nl/) which is not the same, more famous penshop that is located in Den Hague but does have a large selection of pens and paper and ink. It is my go-to store here in Amsterdam. They are located on a very small street not too far from the major shopping/tourist areas and the Dam. Map and print out the location before you come so you can navigate to the store. Of course, you could go to Centraal Station and hop the train to Den Hague and visit the original Akkerman. The store is hard to find the first time you go but can be easily accessed via foot from the train station. It's a bit of a haul but you can do it.

There is a very nice paper shop/art shop near PW Akkerman called Vlieger Papier (http://vliegerpapier.nl/). It is amazing and is filled floor to ceiling on two floors with handmade papers, book binding supplies, stationary, journal and sketchbooks, and art supplies. You can spend a good hour or two in here.

There are many Gebr. Winter stationary stores in AMS. Some have fabulous selections of pens at good prices - especially Lamy as I have run into some NOS Safaris here from time to time. There is a store in the Jordaan that is very good.

Check the hours of the stores before you go as most of them are closed on Sunday and Monday.

There is a stationary store on the Harlemstraat that has a good selection of pens and paper and if you happen to be in that shopping area, look out for it as well as my favorite bag company Crumpler. The EU store has a nice selection of bags etc. than in the US.

And, there is a pen/leather bag store on the Kinkerstraat just outside the Centrum on the left side of the street as you face out. I can't remember the name of the store but it is a very nice store.

If you are driving to Brussels, you can always make a pitstop in Tilburg, home to La Couronne de Comte (http://www.lacouronneducomte.nl/) which I confess I have not visited - yet.

Hope this helps and PM me if you want any further information about Amsterdam!

Hi Harry.

Since when has Akkerman moved from Kalverstraat to the Langebrugstraat? When I read your post I checked the website and you are right, and I stand corrected.....

And yes, La Couronne du Comte in Tilburg is a nice shop as well. No affiliation apart that is my regular go to B&M + webshop.

D.ick

Edited by RMN

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

In Brussels, you will find fountain pens and stationary at Schleiper (chaussée de Charleroi 149/151, 1060 Brussels), at Nias (chaussée de Charleroi 4, 1060 Brussels)

There is also a shop called Gillio (Galerie Louise 116, 1050 Brussels), 2 Mont-Blanc boutiques, one in the center (avenue de la Toison d'Or 35, 1050 Brussels) and one in a shopping mall

There are smaller shops too (papeterie Legrand Avenue Legrand 94, 1180 Uccle,...) but harder to find in the city center. There is also a department store called Inno (rue neuve, 1000 Brussels), they have some pens and stationery

I am not affiliated to those shops. I hope it helps :)

If you stopover in Antwerp, Kockx (www.kockx.be) is a nice shop with a wide selection and good service (not affiliated blabla)