The Metal Pen Seen/used In Iron Man 3?

OnePenGuy

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone can identify the metal pen seen being used by RDJ's Tony Stark early on in the movie. The hand-written message is shown soon after, and it looks to be written by a felt-tip marker, if what was written was actually by that particular pen. Do ya know if it's a marker, fountain pen, rollerball, or ballpoint?

Anyway, it looked like a simple cylindrical pen with a cap that had a rounded end. Also, I was curious if ("whatever the pen was", or, it) was available around the first of January 2000, since that's the setting for that scene. Just wondering if it was a pen that existed at the time, or just a cool/simple-looking pen quickly chosen as a prop for the shot.

If it helps, what follows is the thumbnail of the screencap, and when you click on it, you can see the larger image:

http://imageshack.us/a/img855/50/av7w.th.png

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

B)

ETA that I was wrong; his handwritten note is on the back of the nametag, and shown later (another screencap which shows what's supposed to be Tony's handwriting...). So it's not a marker like I mistakenly initially thought.

Edited by OnePenGuy

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OnePenGuy

• RMN

• mikerph

• seapin

Blowing up the picture I am pretty sure it is not a FP.

I think it is one of those multipens, with several colours available, because of a metal prong to the barrel just below the cap-like thing.

Could be something like a Cross Tech4 multipen. (but that is a current model, not sure if Cross had those around back then)

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

So, I just put this thread here in Misc because I wasn't sure what the brand was to put it elsewhere, but I suppose it could be moved to the First Stop discussion forum as well. Is there a way to get the mods/admin-types' attention to get it moved? "Reporting" it doesn't cover it, I think...

Thanks!

Edited by OnePenGuy

• 2 weeks later...
Sean - Organics Studio Sales Associate
Fountain Pen Lover
Nibmeister
sean@organicsstudio.com

Could be a Dunhill sidecar multipen--I saw one of those in black lacquer--It has a domed simple cap and a slightly fluted barrel.

Secundum Artem

• 6 months later...