• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zarus

• konis

• jar

• Ben Looijesteijn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Konis, thanks for the great pictures of a very nice looking pen. One thing, and someone will correct me if I am mistaken, I have always thought the G stood for Glatte in German which translates to smooth in English.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

The letter "G" after the number on the barrel were determined pen with golden nib.

http://images54.fotosik.pl/15/330804b375223cb5m.jpg

regards

Sorry in advance for hijacking this thread. Since they both have gold nibs, what is the difference between a 1950's Montblanc 144 and 144 G?

Thanks

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

Wow, very nice high resolution pictures! Great that you're pointing out the differences between the available variations 042 and 042G. I wasn't aware of the different sizes in turning knobs...

I'm a big fan of the Monte Rosa series and have quite a collection myself. I've got the fountain pens in all different colors and the matching pencils in all colors but the green one. A friend and I are working on a website to provide more information about these "economy" series. The website is still heavily under construction but in a few months we hope to have most of what we have and know online. The url is http://www.snowtoptreasures.com.

• 1 year later...

Hello all, sorry to restart this old thread.

I have a question regarding a slightly different version I have found. In the one I have seen the text engraved in the cap is a big uppercase MONTBLANC and small italics Monte Rosa. Is it a fake?

http://s24.postimg.org/ezk6y6gut/Monte_Rosa.png

regards

John

Edited by jboydon

Hello all, sorry to restart this old thread.

I have a question regarding a slightly different version I have found. In the one I have seen the text engraved in the cap is a big uppercase MONTBLANC and small italics Monte Rosa. Is it a fake?

regards

John

Nope, looks fine.

Hi jboydon,

I had a similar question. I owned several Monte Rosa's. Some were marked MONTBLANC Monte Rosa, some were marked MONTE ROSA Montblanc and now I found one that only reads Monte Rosa. Not any reference to Montblanc al all. The nib also has Monte Rosa stamped. How can these variations occur? See pic.

post-109862-0-06627200-1420289678_thumb.jpg

Hi jboydon,

I had a similar question. I owned several Monte Rosa's. Some were marked MONTBLANC Monte Rosa, some were marked MONTE ROSA Montblanc and now I found one that only reads Monte Rosa. Not any reference to Montblanc al all. The nib also has Monte Rosa stamped. How can these variations occur? See pic.

Different times, different markets? Consistence is often a myth.

I am quite a serious collector of the Monte Rosa's and I can inform you that there are at least 9 (!!) different versions of the cap, including all export-only versions. I've been collecting these for years and I'm trying to find out all there is to know about these pens.

I know of (and own) the following 9 different versions, but I'm not sure they each exist in all 5 colors (black, gray, green, burgundy and export blue)

Just plain "Monte Rosa", in the characteristic handwriting font"

post-16942-0-80210600-1420313832.png

Same "Monte Rosa", but this time with "Montblanc" beneath the writing

post-16942-0-29820500-1420313834.png

Again, hand written "Monte Rosa", but now with "Montblanc-Erzeugnis"

post-16942-0-69908000-1420313835.png

And another one with "Monte Rosa", now with "Montblanc-Product". I've only seen this on the blue one.

post-16942-0-70050100-1420313836.png

This one also came by in the thread: "MONTBLANC", this time with the hand written "Monte Rosa" underneath

post-16942-0-77378100-1420313837.png

Then there's "Astoria", with "Montblanc", used for export to Switzerland because Monte Rosa couldn't be used in this country due to the existence of another company with that same name

post-16942-0-71874200-1420313838.png

Same story as Astoria, but then with the "REFLEX" inscription, no mentioning of Montblanc (Montblanc used this brand on other pens and pencils as well)

post-16942-0-73237600-1420313839.png

There's also one with cap band inscription: MONTE ROSA 042

post-16942-0-76782300-1420313840.png

And finally, there's one in silver, with a silver clip and silver capband...

post-16942-0-79783000-1420313841.png

Cool huh?

And don't get me started on the 092/095/096 Monte Rosa pencils and all the different Monte Rosa fountain pens from the later series... That's the same thing all over again, with lots and lots of different variations... I find this very fascinating :)

Hi Zarus, thanks for the update! I never knew there were so many variations. About the colours: I once owned a baby blue one. I'll see if I have a picture of it. Yes, here it is. It looks a bit darker on the pic. But it is a sort of baby blue. It has Monte Rosa written on the clip ring. And it is a cartridge filler...

Gr. Ben

post-109862-0-86976200-1420404360_thumb.jpg

Hi Ben,

I've got one of those as well, together with one in red and two in black (cartridge & piston). I really like the hexagonal shape of the cap top and bottom of the barrel. I don't know of any Montblancs that have a similar shape.

I don't have much information other than that. There's no mention of this Monte Rosa model in Collectible Stars and I haven't come across any old brochures that mention the pens either.

Here's a (rather old) picture of my Monte Rosa's that shows the other available colors as well, 4th-7th of the bottom left:

post-16942-0-35255400-1305922578.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Zarus, I recently bought a Montblanc Monte Rosa Silvexa pen (still waiting for the delivery), and am trying to get educated about it. How would you rate that model with the other Monte Rosa pens?