Does Anyone Have A Stipula Ti Broad And Maybe A Macro Lens...?

terminal

I currently have three Stipula Ti nibs that were marketed and are marked as "broad" nibs. They all have the "B" on them. They came on Duettos around '06 or '07. I got them from Martini Auctions. Also at that time I purchased a .9 stub with a Ti nib as well but sold it a while ago. I seem to recall the whole gamut of Stipula nibs available then in titanium, except for th 52 degree nib.

It was my sense that these were some kind of 'after market' nibs as the Duetto originally came with 18k nibs. In any case, I have considered them 'second generation' Stipula titanium nibs. The first generation were the original 22 nibs, and the third generation, the unsized nibs available today.

Since they railroad all the time in use, I think Stipula probably stopped making them in broad. They are super flexy but 'toothy'. I think with a proper feed, they would work well. I don't use them anymore but cannot part with them for some reason.

Anyway, the times are not separated like the ones in the original post picture.

I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.

Thank you, Sazerac! I didn't think of the earlier generations Ti-nibs. I actually haven't seen one yet, other than the original 22 version.

Stipula stopped with many nib form factors in their ranges, basically because it got too expensive too stock minimum quantities of 500 of each.

They are possibly considering manufacturing their own feeds again, BTW. I have to be careful in what I say here, however, because it not only may take some time, but also may not go beyond prototype stage. We'll have to wait and see.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• watch_art

• terminal

• hari317

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are possibly considering manufacturing their own feeds again, BTW. I have to be careful in what I say here, however, because it not only may take some time, but also may not go beyond prototype stage. We'll have to wait and see.

Woo.. that IS exciting. Ima tuck that tidbit under my hat :)

"One always looking for flaws leaves too little time for construction" ...

There is even more exciting news, which I can't say anything about yet. Unfortunately that may take any time up to about two years to materialize in my estimate... :D.

Warm regards, Wim

Woo.. that IS exciting. Ima tuck that tidbit under my hat :)

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

There is even more exciting news, which I can't say anything about yet. Unfortunately that may take any time up to about two years to materialize in my estimate... :D.

Warm regards, Wim

Hah, Spoilsport. first telling there is exciting news, and then not coming thru... :D

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Following up to my previous post, here are some pictures of two of my Stipula Titanium Broad nibs.

This one is loose, pulled from a Duetto:

fpn_1375123068__titano_b_2.jpg

This one is still in use:

fpn_1375123028__titano_b_1.jpg

Here's the underside:

fpn_1375123083__nib_tip_bottom.jpg

Thank you Sazerac!

I never get enough of Stipulas ;).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Thank you Sazerac!! So that settles it -- mine is bent. Thanks for the definitive photos!

"One always looking for flaws leaves too little time for construction" ...

You're welcome. Glad I could solve it. Besides, it was good to break out the old Duettos have not used them in a while. It's a fun nib.