Mont Blanc Pen Cases

PhilH

I prefer the Franklin-Christoph pen cases as well. I have the Penvelope 6 and three of the 2 Pen Cases (brown, maroon and black). As Jeff_H said they are great cases that do a fantastic job of keeping your pens safe and the dividers run the entire length of the case. All four of my Franklin-Christoph cases combined were still cheaper than one Meisterstuck 2 pen pouch.

Lamb South

True Beauty is when a kindly word encourages and brings an unexpected smile.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OngL

• Blade Runner

• sarahfar

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I prefer the Franklin-Christoph pen cases as well. I have the Penvelope 6 and three of the 2 Pen Cases (brown, maroon and black). As Jeff_H said they are great cases that do a fantastic job of keeping your pens safe and the dividers run the entire length of the case. All four of my Franklin-Christoph cases combined were still cheaper than one Meisterstuck 2 pen pouch.

Seems a good deal and quality. May I check if the divider's fabric and stitching is smooth and unlikely to cause any scratch? Will it fit a 149?

Thanks

Seems a good deal and quality. May I check if the divider's fabric and stitching is smooth and unlikely to cause any scratch? Will it fit a 149?

Thanks

The fabric is not completely smooth, it is more of a ribbed fabric, very fine ridges. The stitching is very good, solidly done. The interior fabric is not soft like a microfiber cloth, it is a firmer fabric. It is specially designed not to react with the material fountain pens are made of and designed not to scratch pens(if I remember the literature correctly). Mine is a beautiful brick red color and looks amazing with the brown leather.

My experience is that it does not scratch pens at all. I keep my Mont Blanc pens in it, and the black resin shows every little mark you get on it. This case has left no marks on my pens, not even on my glossy black MB's. I would not hesitate to put any pen I owned in it.

And yes, it will hold a 149. It holds my 146's with plenty of room to spare.

I enjoy MB 146 pens, Sailor, Pilot and Platinum pens as well. I have a strong attraction to dark red and muted green ink, colors I dislike for everything but FP ink. I also enjoy practicing my handwriting and attempting to improve it. I love the feel of quality paper under a gold nib.

The fabric is not completely smooth, it is more of a ribbed fabric, very fine ridges. The stitching is very good, solidly done. The interior fabric is not soft like a microfiber cloth, it is a firmer fabric. It is specially designed not to react with the material fountain pens are made of and designed not to scratch pens(if I remember the literature correctly). Mine is a beautiful brick red color and looks amazing with the brown leather.

My experience is that it does not scratch pens at all. I keep my Mont Blanc pens in it, and the black resin shows every little mark you get on it. This case has left no marks on my pens, not even on my glossy black MB's. I would not hesitate to put any pen I owned in it.

And yes, it will hold a 149. It holds my 146's with plenty of room to spare.

My experience has been same. The lining has not scratched any of my pens. I have a 149 and it fits fine in all my F-C pen cases.

Lamb South

True Beauty is when a kindly word encourages and brings an unexpected smile.

I have never liked the MB cases because the insides are a really rough canvas style material that wrecks the pen. No idea why MB made that design.

I made my own case using a piece of high quality leather. The suede side is not only soft but also "cleans" oils and fingerprints off the pen as you take it out and put it in!

Montblanc Pen PolishFountain Pen Flush

I done carry my MB's out at all! They live at home! If I need to travel with an inexpensive Lamy, which still writes very well. Most of my intense writings s done at home anyway and the MB's are happy there!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, any idea if the Meisterstuck 2 pen pouch can fit both a 149 and 146 together?

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mvJsZ4kzJextJDvxYQIVdSQ.jpg

I'm thinking of getting one because the current cases I have is leave deep gouges on the piston knobs.

Hey guys, any idea if the Meisterstuck 2 pen pouch can fit both a 149 and 146 together?

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mvJsZ4kzJextJDvxYQIVdSQ.jpg

I'm thinking of getting one because the current cases I have is leave deep gouges on the piston knobs.

Hi, It should be able to. I would recommend getting 3-pen case version. Other than being able to fit 3 pens, it would securely store 2x 149 or 1x 149 and 1x 146 without being in contact with gap in the middle. The cost should only be incrementally higher.