Mont Blanc Pen Cases

PhilH

post-109071-0-38104800-1390443433.jpg

post-109071-0-39633800-1390443647_thumb.jpg

I have a 146 with this case and there is a space for another pen.

Does anyone know if it will fit a 149?

Already the 146 seems tight and I feel as if it will scratch each time I remove the pen (but it never does)

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OngL

• Blade Runner

• sarahfar

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am looking for a pen case. Currently, I have Sienna 3-pen which serves me well to hold 149, Starwalker RB (fitted with Samsung Galaxy Note e-refills and Heritage 1912). I'll add a 146 mechanical pencil soon.

Like what has been shared earlier, I'm tempted to get another 2-3 Sienna pen case. They'd serve me well. I'm considering to get a single hard pen case (croc) like one in the picture above. Given the large allowance, it'd house great character edition with odd shape like Leonardo Da Vinci.

How good is the croc 1-pen hard case? Would you recommend it? My concern is that the pen would move around and not as sturdy at sienna case at transport.

OngL, I have the croc-patterned, hard-sided case and I love it. I think it is called the Florence. I use it for my 149.

OngL, I have the croc-patterned, hard-sided case and I love it. I think it is called the Florence. I use it for my 149.

Thanks for sharing your thought. The pen should move around due to the large allowance within the case, is that fine or anything can be done to secure it?

OngL, I also have the same case, in croc-effect and smooth leather - both in black. Very elegant cases.

Sorry but I am without a camera at the moment. Whilst both pen cases look the same size and shape, leather being leather, they obviously find their own shape in time. In the smooth leather case, my modern MB 149 moves too much for my liking. There is minimal movement when sat in the croc-effect case but I wouldn't say it was 'snug.'

I also have an Onoto pen case of the same shape, only slightly smaller in look. Fits the MB 149 as well as my croc-effect MB case but with the added advantage that it is lined with suede, making for a safer fit for those like me with a nervous disposition.

I carry my pens in a (non-MB) 4-slot,soft leather pen case, sat in my jacket's inside right breast pocket. For me therefore, a rounded pen case is not the most comfortable to wear.

Let us know what you ultimately decide upon. Hope to see pictures and your opinion when you are sorted :thumbup:

Pavoni.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the good opinion on the croc single hard pen case (Florence?). It retails around US$ 350 at the boutique which is almost double of SIenna 3 pen case.

I am currently using the 3-pen Sienna case which serves me well and I can get another of this anytime. I had an older one from Braun Buffel but the tip pocket is rather small for 149 but fits StarWalker ballpoint just nice.

Narrowing down my wish list:

1) Another 3-pen Sienna which is great for 2 to 3 pens

2) Florence (croc) 1-hard pen case.

3) A 3rd party pen-tray to accomodate > 8 or 10 pens. This won't be mobile and for home use.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll206/ongl/L1010935.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll206/ongl/L1010936.jpg

OngL, I also have the same case, in croc-effect and smooth leather - both in black. Very elegant cases.

Sorry but I am without a camera at the moment. Whilst both pen cases look the same size and shape, leather being leather, they obviously find their own shape in time. In the smooth leather case, my modern MB 149 moves too much for my liking. There is minimal movement when sat in the croc-effect case but I wouldn't say it was 'snug.'

I also have an Onoto pen case of the same shape, only slightly smaller in look. Fits the MB 149 as well as my croc-effect MB case but with the added advantage that it is lined with suede, making for a safer fit for those like me with a nervous disposition.

I carry my pens in a (non-MB) 4-slot,soft leather pen case, sat in my jacket's inside right breast pocket. For me therefore, a rounded pen case is not the most comfortable to wear.

Let us know what you ultimately decide upon. Hope to see pictures and your opinion when you are sorted :thumbup:

Pavoni.

Pavoni.

Pavoni

I have one of the Onoto cases too, my only complaint is that the lid seems to slide off a little to easily. Are the lids on the MB cases very tight or are they prone to sliding off when you reach into your bag, and grab the case lid inadvertantly?

Hi da vinci,

Apologies but I haven't got myself a camera yet.

I have just tested my two MB cases against the Onoto case, and you are right. The Onoto lid slides off far easier, and I would say that it would be prone to being either knocked off or coming off by accident (inside a jacket pocket, particularly if lifted up by the lid!).

The reason for this is that the Onoto lid slides onto a basic straight sleeve. The MB case lid however, slides onto a sleeve which has a purposeful indentation built in, thereby creating a relatively effective seal.

I hadn't realised this before but it does make a considerable difference. Quality product :thumbup:

Pavoni.

Been using a 1-pen Siena case for my 161 for some time and it's an excellent pen case, even though have some signs of wear now. But now I'm also want to get a MB pen case for my wife's 90th anniversary 164 and was wondering if I should get another Siena or something other designs more suitable for a woman?

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.

Sienna would be unisex. I saw some case made for Boheme line as well as normal pen with patterns of crocs skin (zip) which may be fashionable for ladies. On eBay, I saw some available for purchase with other colour than black which is 'less formal black'.

Been using a 1-pen Siena case for my 161 for some time and it's an excellent pen case, even though have some signs of wear now. But now I'm also want to get a MB pen case for my wife's 90th anniversary 164 and was wondering if I should get another Siena or something other designs more suitable for a woman?

Sienna would be unisex. I saw some case made for Boheme line as well as normal pen with patterns of crocs skin (zip) which may be fashionable for ladies. On eBay, I saw some available for purchase with other colour than black which is 'less formal black'.

Thanks for the suggestion! Actually I saw the zipper one before but don't know what model it is and looks a bit 'slimmer' than the Siena. Think I'll need to visit the boutique.

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.

SE1980,

If this helps, here are the active listing which feature pen case different than standard Sienna:

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/RARE-MONTBLANC-LEATHER-SUN-COLOUR-ROUND-ZIP-2-PEN-POUCH-CASE-NEVER-USED-/121523251730?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PensPencils_WritingEquipment_SM&hash=item1c4b59aa12

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/RARE-MONTBLANC-LEATHER-PALE-CREAM-FLIP-FLAP-2-PEN-POUCH-CASE-MINT-/121523255211?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PensPencils_WritingEquipment_SM&hash=item1c4b59b7ab

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/MONTBLANC-BOHEME-LEATHER-TWO-PEN-BLACK-PINK-HEART-POUCH-CASE-NEW-8062-GERMANY-/281221921293?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417a21fa0d

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/RARE-MONTBLANC-LEATHER-SUN-COLOUR-GLOVE-2-PEN-POUCH-CASE-MINT-NEVER-USED-/131384107469?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PensPencils_WritingEquipment_SM&hash=item1e971a61cd

Disclaimer: I'm not the seller of these items nor affiliated in any way. I can't attest to the authenticity of the item listed.

Thanks for the links. Well the rare cream leather one looks good but the heart-shaped one isn't. Will need to search for more. But her 164 is a thinner Classique so I suppose a thinner case would fit better in her handbag.

Hi da vinci,

Apologies but I haven't got myself a camera yet.

I have just tested my two MB cases against the Onoto case, and you are right. The Onoto lid slides off far easier, and I would say that it would be prone to being either knocked off or coming off by accident (inside a jacket pocket, particularly if lifted up by the lid!).

The reason for this is that the Onoto lid slides onto a basic straight sleeve. The MB case lid however, slides onto a sleeve which has a purposeful indentation built in, thereby creating a relatively effective seal.

I hadn't realised this before but it does make a considerable difference. Quality product :thumbup:

Pavoni.

Thanks Pavoni, I had noticed the dent in the MB case so I can visualise what you are talking about. That helps restore my faith a little - I was put off buying the considerably more expensive MB case in case it had the same issue, but now the hunt can resume :)

An older case to go with a 50s 146 and Pix pencil

Thanks for the picture. I really like these older cases.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

Another old box, it came with my early sixties 149, but i think it was made for the fifties celluloid 149.

fpn_1366787045__dpp_19403.jpg

fpn_1366787085__dpp_19402.jpg

So much better than the drab boxes the MBs come with today :thumbup:

I have the Sienna 3 pen case, and honestly I was very disappointed in the feel and quality of the leather, for what it cost. Also, the pen dividers do not run very deep inside the case, something else I was disappointed in. The leather feels very stiff. Yes, it looks nice, but.....

I received a Christopher Franklin Penvelope 13 for Christmas, and the quality of it is out of this world. I received boot leather in brown, and to me it is stunning. Yes, it is much more casual than the Sienna, but the leather is luxurious.... and there is a TON more leather on my Lucky 13 than there is on the MB case. Also, the Lucky 13 is considerably less than a new Sienna, and still less than I paid used for my Sienna.

I may sell the MB or I may keep it. I need some time to reflect and see what my needs really are. I certainly don't need to carry 13 pens every day, but I have been lately.

Jeff

I enjoy MB 146 pens, Sailor, Pilot and Platinum pens as well. I have a strong attraction to dark red and muted green ink, colors I dislike for everything but FP ink. I also enjoy practicing my handwriting and attempting to improve it. I love the feel of quality paper under a gold nib.