Mont Blanc Pen Cases

PhilH

I used a 2-pen case daily. This houses my 149 and the other pen (currently, a Pilot 823 Clear). The size of this pen is just right; not too big; not too small. Also, it is very stury and

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/YS2003/IMG_4252_zps191db179.jpg

My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OngL

• Blade Runner

• sarahfar

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wife bought me a 149 for my birthday couple of weeks ago. Sic.

Now I own:

3 x 149's

2 x Rollerballs (different colors)

2 x Ballpoint Pens

1 x Highligher/Marker

I generally travel (work) with one 149, one rollerball and one highlighter in my pocket. I often carry in my briefcase another 149, a rollerball in red ink, a ballpoint for no apparent reason.

I would like to find the optimal case to safely carry THREE including my 149 comfortably in my inside suit breast pocket or in my shirt pocket (starched crisp white) when the jacket comes off so as not to stain it by accident. And, of course, primarily to protect these treasures.

I can't think of anything else I really want or need in Montblanc. I have the inkwell and deskstand for my 149 (it needs some buffing) and for the days where I am a minimalist kind of guy, I have a single leather Montblanc carrier for my 149.

Just in passing, went to a three day conference last week and took 60 pages of notes with my 149. The pen writes like the wind and the Montblanc ink was outstanding - not a smudge on any sheet. A far cry from the old days. The pen was dry by the time I got home. It had managed 60 sheets of notes on one fill. Amazing. My first Montblancs and I have gone nuts.

I sure would like to find one of those three pen holders. And a manual for my pencil so I can figure out how it works properly. Frankly, I have some $10 mechanical pencils that are far superior I think... not only the lead retracts but the entire sharp pointy mechanical end retracts so as not to stain or poke one's pocket.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'

except for the news media online/onair.

I use a Montblanc Meisterstück Selection two pen case with zip and a black Meisterstück one pen case with zip. I personally prefer the zip cases over the flap types as I like the look and the added security. I would love it if Montblanc reissued one of their older Bohème three pen cases with zip.

In the Selection case I carry a Montblanc 136 and either a Heritage 1912, OMAS Paragon (new style) or a Pelikan 400NN Tortoise, depending on my mood.

The single zip case always hold my Montblanc 138 which, I keep mostly at home since the area I live in is full of speed bumps and the 138's feed doesn't like the speed bumps as it always spills ink inside the cap.

Hi

I use a Siena 3-pen case to carry 149, 146 and Johannes Brahms fountain pens. I just bought it specifically because it can hold the 149 and two other large-ish fountain pens.

Good luck

Simon

Spending time deciding which leather would best go with a particular pen, is one of the favourite parts of my morning. If only I could decide which pen to take with me :P

fpn_1370638305__dscf9618_zps893b2b35.jpg

Pavoni.

Wow! Jealous! What a fantastic collection :puddle:

I'm still umm'ing and ahh'ing about my FIRST pen case for my new 149... I have read so many contradicting accounts of what the 149 can fit into, I'm going to have to find some local pen shops and have a look in person (I never buy leather shoes without trying on first, so why should my 149 be squeezed into something it hasn't personally tried on ;) ).

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write.
William Makepeace Thackeray

If I wanted a pen pouch for a 149 I would look for one of the Mb hard croc style cases on ebay.

Edited by Chrissy

If I wanted a pen pouch for a 149 I would look for one of the Mb hard croc style cases on ebay.

No need. There has been a recent, very similar pouch in the Meisterstück Selection range.

No need. There has been a recent, very similar pouch in the Meisterstück Selection range.

Hi Darius,

Have you a link or photo?

Hi Darius,

Have you a link or photo?

It's the one on the left in sarahfar's photo in post 16 of this thread.

Comes in 3 colours.

I actually have that and the same material in a 2 pen zipper case, pen boutique. I like the cigar case a lot though, keep my Hemingway in it daily.

Hmmm. £245 for a case. That's a bit more than I was planning on at the moment. £100 is closer to my budget. Definitely need to look around a bit.

It is a lovely looking case though :roller1: Darn it, this "hobby" is going to get expensive!

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write.
William Makepeace Thackeray

Thank you Darius. Good to "see" you again!

Thanks Blade Runner.

Hmmm. £245 for a case. That's a bit more than I was planning on at the moment. £100 is closer to my budget. Definitely need to look around a bit.

It is a lovely looking case though :roller1: Darn it, this "hobby" is going to get expensive!

It sure will.

My cases of choice. On the right is a MB Westside single pen pouch ( i think ) which houses the 'boss'.

The one on the left is a twin case the model of which I am not sure.

fpn_1360937241__pen_case_1.jpg

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Would someone post of photo of 3 149s in a Sienna 3 slot case? Thanks!

P.S. Are the clips clipped over the lip of the case or can the pen including clips slide into the slot?

Edited by Blade Runner

My two pen case has a groove running along the front of the case that the pocket clips locate into. That said the slots do take the pens with the clips comfortably or you can have the clips out on the side of the case if this suits you.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

• 3 weeks later...

I used a 2-pen case daily. This houses my 149 and the other pen (currently, a Pilot 823 Clear). The size of this pen is just right; not too big; not too small. Also, it is very stury and

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/YS2003/IMG_4252_zps191db179.jpg

Can I ask you whether your piquadro case is able to fit a MB 146? I don't think it can fit a MB 149 but I'll buy it if it can fit a 146..Thanks.

Fountain pens are like weapons. They just make your pocket bleed so much.

... so, MB cases... I have got some.

post-73803-0-46998700-1379863928_thumb.jpg

post-73803-0-48843800-1379863946_thumb.jpg

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill