Sailor Kobe #37 Island Blue

saskia_madding

Picture links updated! MY review picture album was getting seriously out of control on Photobucket, so I had to set up a bunch of sub-folders to make it more easy to organize and navigate. Unfortunately, that meant that ALL the picture links in all my reviews went dead. I've been slowly updating the, but I'm only up to De Atramentis so far! I'll keep going next week and eventually I'll get everything updated.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• saskia_madding

• XiaoMG

• Masque

OOH, this one is really pretty. Which color was this? -- oops I see #37. I think this one shall my inky acquisition. I use blue when I fill out banking applications for clients. I love when I can get a good shader and mess up the bank copy machines. jk Inks dry really fast in the Nevada desert.

Haha I always think the same thing - drying time here in Arizona won't be a problem. I'm surprised the ink doesn't evaporate before it lands in the pen on eye-droppers and such!

Haha I always think the same thing - drying time here in Arizona won't be a problem. I'm surprised the ink doesn't evaporate before it lands in the pen on eye-droppers and such!

Welcome aboard!!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Mine arrived a few weeks ago, it is in a pen right now and it is very nice, like all the Kobe inks. The color, on my monitor, in the original post is spot on.

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

• 3 months later...

The rich colour and dramatic shading reminds me very much of Akkerman Shocking Blue. But interesting that the sheen is reported as purple/blue - Shocking Blue definitely has a red sheen to it.

Edited by Simono