Contest: Why Should You Have This Antique Seal?

WayTooManyHobbies

It's beautiful, I love all wax seals, but ...... not for me.

I hope you find a nice home.

My web-blog:

FPNheader-transparentepaxticolor.png

www.FountainPenLand.com

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WayTooManyHobbies

• Flounder

• Paddler

• Scrawler

I would tell everyone I got it when I was a ships scribe in the Omega Reticulae Navy. Third system out from Galaxy Prime.

Well, in my head that sounded cool. :roflmho: :embarrassed_smile:

The RavenLunatic

Semper insanit omnes tempore.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Nice idea for a contest! This has no ties to my family, occupation, or family pets. My entry is simply inspired by the excitement of receiving a lovely handwritten missive in the day's mail:

Open. Read. NOW.

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

I'd use it to mean On the River Nisqually, seeing as I live on the Nisqually. Or, I could say it's.... recordatus, obliuiscendum, fiat novus, which means remembered, forgotten, and made anew. That keeps with the Latin theme. Or One Returns to Nothing, that'd be a nice memento mori. Perhaps I'd let it stand for Owls, Rats, and Newts. Some sort of witchy thing, there.

Some good entries so far - anyone else want to throw their hat in the ring?

Given that the board was off-line for much of yesterday, I will extend the entry deadline by one day. The poll for winner selection will be posted on Saturday, April 13.

I was telling my better-looking and more accomplished half about this contest, the day before yesterday, while we ate supper. She didn't even look up before she said, "ORN? How about Old Red Neck?" I haven't been getting much respect around here, since the hogs ate up my little brother.

Can a calculator understand a cash register?

Assuming I'm not too late...

Omnis Reddo Nota (All Recited Notes)

"One's greatness is defined not only by their deeds, but also by the pen they carry."

My YouTube Channel: InkyJoys

Inky Meanderings: my pen, paper and ink blog

Best Non-FP user line ever: "Is that a calligraphy pen?"

I had this momentary urge to pen a sad lament, of a dyslexic whose name was Ron...

But that would be wrong.

Funny, but wrong. :ninja:

Greetings, all.

This is written on April 14.

This thread just got re-instated (kudos to our moderator Doug, for the persevering follow-up), so there's a slight delay in the re-posted entries and poll for winners. As the thread was unavailable for a couple days, I will accept entries through Tuesday night. I will then re-post the polling thread as soon as possible after (maybe Wednesday, maybe Thursday).

Sorry for the delay!

<bump> Entries will end tonight! Anyone else planning to throw their hat in the ring?

just a few ideas:

One Resplendent Note

One Radiant Nib

Only Real Notes

Only Real Nibs

Open, Read, Navigate

Observe, Read, Note

I hope I can submit multiple entries. If not, then take "One Resplendent Note" as my entry.

"One's greatness is defined not only by their deeds, but also by the pen they carry."

My YouTube Channel: InkyJoys

Inky Meanderings: my pen, paper and ink blog

Best Non-FP user line ever: "Is that a calligraphy pen?"

hm.. i had something, then i lost it.

ARGH.

Signature left blank per new rules...

The contest entry period is officially over - I will post the top entries in a poll this evening. Thanks, everyone, and come back tomorrow to vote for your favorites!