Favourite Diamine Ink Colour?

PenCityAus

I like all of the few bottles of Diamine I have, but these two colours particularly:

Soft mint - a bit light for practical, everyday use, but I can never help smiling when I write with it; for some reason this colour just makes me happy.

Eau de Nile - not as exciting to put on paper, but so lovely dry.

"To read without also writing is to sleep." - St. Jerome

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scribble Monboddo

• The Good Captain

• warblerick

• PenCityAus

I like all of the few bottles of Diamine I have, but these two colours particularly:

Soft mint - a bit light for practical, everyday use, but I can never help smiling when I write with it; for some reason this colour just makes me happy.

Eau de Nile - not as exciting to put on paper, but so lovely dry.

I love the soft mint as well! It's such a nice, happy color.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Ancient Copper

Sapphire

Looking forward to trying some others' suggestions! Next up: graphite, and maybe matador.

Keep smiling! Cheers, Velia

I know I already posted some favorites, but a new favorite is Damson :)

"Luxe, calme et volupte"

I regularly use Red Dragon, Bilberry and Sherwood Green.

I recently acquired a bottle of Chocolate Brown, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

I have a lot of ink from the Diamine. Grey color the most successful of all (Diamine, Private Reserve, J.Herbin)

...for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Turquoise, Imperial Purple (hands down my favorite purple), and Orange.

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

I originally thought I could get my Ancient Copper fix via samples (thinking it would be more of a "specialty" ink and not a daily use option). But I must admit, after spending some quality time with it today, I'm leaning toward making sure this one's in regular rotation. A bottle's already in my shopping cart... :)

Really fun color, a pleasant break from the cool tones that I routinely use.

I've long been a fan of Diamine inks and the blue I absolutely love (no one has mentioned this one yet) is Royal Blue. I also like their Steel Blue. And, yes, I love Ancient Copper, a superb color! I've never had a problem with Diamine ink!

Between Diamine Kensington - Majestic & Royal

Is there any thoughts regarding the most vibrant from these 3 ?

Between Diamine Kensington - Majestic & Royal

Is there any thoughts regarding the most vibrant from these 3 ?

Just my two-pence-worth but Royal has the pop; Kensington the subtlety and shading and Majestic, the sheen.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Just my two-pence-worth but Royal has the pop; Kensington the subtlety and shading and Majestic, the sheen.

... and, for your thruppence, what does Sapphire have?

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

... and, for your thruppence, what does Sapphire have?

...the extra penny's worth of purple, actually!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

I'm currently in love with China Blue, and Eclipse.

Learning from the past does not mean living in the past.

Seems every Diamine's a winner by the majority of posts. Of the four colors I have, I would have to pick Claret.

In a close second (tie actually) would be Mediterranean Blue or Umber.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice; damn

There goes that fox again.

At the moment I have Sherwood Green, Ochre and Imperial Purple...only the Sherwood Green is being used on a regular basis (great dark green!)...I've had awful staining/sediment issues with Ochre and I really hate this, because it is one of the most beautiful ink colors I've ever seen (I intend to use it with a dip-nib sometime in the future). The Purple is okish but it stains a bit (I suppose that's to be expected with purple inks).

I really want to try the Oxblood, heard so many good things about this ink.

"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true..." (Carl Sagan)

I have D. Matador in my CS Belliver Poinsettia, which is a great pen-ink combo and the color and flow of the ink is wonderful. The ink is just a sample, though, so not sure I want (or need) an entire bottle.

I have full bottles of these and I am completely in LOVE with Ruby.

fpn_1374348929__photo_07-20-2013-153132.

I have vials of these. I've used up Merlot (so not pictured here) and am getting ready to order a full bottle! I've been also thinking about trying Emerald, and I'm really glad to see so many fans of it on this thread.

fpn_1374348957__photo_07-20-2013-153152.

Please pardon the messy writing -- the dip nib kept slipping out! Need more practice...

Edited by skysora