Favourite Diamine Ink Colour?

PenCityAus

Good Morning Pen Enthusiasts,

This morning we are asking you... 'what is your favourite Diamine fountain pen ink colour?'

The two most popular colours we sell are Pumpkin and Sapphire blue.

We would love to hear from the rest of you!

Also, has anyone had any issues with the ink good or bad we love to hear feedback !

Happy Thursday everyone :)

Pen City Australia

Don't forget to like our Facebook page to win!

Greetings, and thanks for a great thread.

It's so good to have access to more FP related products here in Australia.

Diamine Orange is the purest orange I've found, I love it!

Diamine Pink is also a strong colour and a beautiful shade of pink too.

Oh yes, Poppy Red is the reddest red I've found, and I've been searching through many samples for a while!

I also have the following Diamine inks, all are favourites;

Syrah, Kelly Green, and Grey.

After reading Mauricio's comment about his use of Diamine inks in his treasury of vintage pens, and as a customer fortunate enough to have one of his beautiful Waterman 52's, I will continue to only use Syrah in my Red Ripple.

Will you be selling the 30ml plastic bottles or just the 80ml glass bottles?

Best regards,

Steve.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scribble Monboddo

• The Good Captain

• warblerick

• PenCityAus

Favourite Diamine? Definitely has to be Damson. I searched for MONTHS to find the perfect ink for my needle-sharp Pilot Prera F, and everything I tried, even Pilot's own Iroshizukus and wet Noodler's inks, just gave a thin, spindly line, but Diamine, as it turns out, has the perfect flow for such a fine nib. Damson is a beautiful colour, right on the cusp of purple and black, so it stands out from ordinary ink, but in the subtlest possible way.

Bilberry is a close second, like Damson but a few shades lighter.

As for showier inks, Ancient Copper is a gorgeous red-orange and Eau de Nil just about the perfect light blue-green. I've never tried a Diamine ink I didn't like, even silly colours like the bright-green Apple Glory.

Favourite Diamine? Definitely has to be Damson. I searched for MONTHS to find the perfect ink for my needle-sharp Pilot Prera F, and everything I tried, even Pilot's own Iroshizukus and wet Noodler's inks, just gave a thin, spindly line, but Diamine, as it turns out, has the perfect flow for such a fine nib. Damson is a beautiful colour, right on the cusp of purple and black, so it stands out from ordinary ink, but in the subtlest possible way.

Bilberry is a close second, like Damson but a few shades lighter.

As for showier inks, Ancient Copper is a gorgeous red-orange and Eau de Nil just about the perfect light blue-green. I've never tried a Diamine ink I didn't like, even silly colours like the bright-green Apple Glory.

Ah, thanks for the tip, Pyramus. Bilberry is a really striking ink, but a darker shade of that does sound very tempting!

Ah, thanks for the tip, Pyramus. Bilberry is a really striking ink, but a darker shade of that does sound very tempting!

Bilberry is a bit more blue-violet, where Damson is a true violet: the difference would probably be more dramatic in a big wet nib, whereas in the fine pen I used them in they're pretty closely related. And both gorgeous, of course.

My favorite Diamine is Mediterranean Blue followed closely by Marine Blue.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

My favorite Diamine is Mediterranean Blue followed closely by Marine Blue.

I've just got into Mediterranean Blue and the shading is really impressive - it goes from light blue to the edge of turquoise to electric blue. Quite something!

For all you Australian shoppers and lovers of Diamine ink, I have just had confirmation from the rep that he will have all 100 colours by the end of the month!! This is great news :)

Pen City The Pen Professionals

215 Elizabeth St, Melbourne VIC 3000, 03 9670 6775

info@pencity.com.au, www.pencity.com.au

I have only tried one Diamine color - Bilberry - and it immediately became one of my favorite inks. I think I'm gonna have to try some others...thanks for the suggestions, folks!

Brian

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

I took the plunge and bought nine bottles of ink when JetPens had a close-out sale on these recently. It's hard to choose since I love all the colors I got, but currently my favorites are Red Dragon and Teal.

I also took advantage of the Jetpens sale and picked up 2 new Diamine inks. They arrived today. Diamine Twilight and Diamine Ochre. I had previously only had one Diamine ink (Steel Blue). I really like the 2 new ones. They both shade very well. I have been looking for another blue-black and Twilight fits the bill. The brown Ochre has just a hint of red giving it an orangish (is that a word?) color . Both are good flowing inks like the Steel Blue. So, thus far, I am 3 for 3 with Diamine inks.

Favourite Diamine Ink? In the singular? Now that's tough.

I would have said Majestic Blue, but then I bought the Music Collection and discovered Schubert. A beautiful colour, maybe not quite such an everyday ink considering the price of the collection and the small bottles, but a lovely ink.

Toodle pip<BR><BR><BR>

Thank you Pen City for commencing this thread. This by the way is your Australian Diamine distributor who, contrary to your assertion, is not "fairly new" in terms of importing ink to Australia. The Australian distributor of Diamine has in the past inported what was requested by retailers. If retailers did not order particular colours, they would not be imported.

However, since introducing Diamine to Australia some four years ago, we have seen an increased (and justifiable) demand for its ink and have now decided to import all 100 (current) colours in the Diamine range in 80 ml bottles. There are currently 100 colours and not 70 as represented by Pen City. Our container with new stock is "on the water" and should arrive with us by the end of March. When it does, we will release the entirety of 100 colours to Australian retailers.

Look out for the revised colour charts on our web site - www.oldpostofficepens.com.au/Diamine which will appear as soon as the new stock arrives. Now, there will no complaints from Australian Diamine enthusiasts that their "favourite colour is not in stock".

As always, some retailers will choose not to stock Diamine ink - heaven knows why not! It is the best ink known to us and by far, better value than anything else on the market. If your retailer wont stock Diamine, let us know and we'll be happy to help out.

Edited by The Pensmith

Greetings,

Could you please give me, even approximately, what the postage cost would be for say 1 or 2 bottles? (I'm in SA)

Thanks,

Steve.

P.S. Do you have any 30ml bottles in your 'container'?

Monaco Red and Majestic Purple. I've tried a few other purples, and none of them really compare. I'm also quite partial to Marine and Eau de Nil, though I'm not sure which of the two I like better.

Safari collector, italic nib and cheap pen evangelist.

Wanted: De Atramentis Magic Alchemist (also Magic Boarding School or Wizard)

Jet Black is my go to ink and I use about 1-2 80ml bottles a month. My other favorites in order of preference are: Woodland Green, Havasu Turquoise, Mediterranean Blue, Kensington Blue, Florida Blue, Sapphire Blue, and Aqua Blue.

Oooh wow, that's tough...but...right now:

Tchaikovsky, Schubert, Eau de Nil, Denim, Med Blue (the shading is unreal!), Graphite and Red dragon.

Ask me again next week and it will change!