Favourite Diamine Ink Colour?

PenCityAus

I have Oxblood, Kelly Green, Sherwood Green, Deep Magenta, Onyx Black and Twilight.

The latter is my favourite - the shading I get my TWSBI Diamond 580 is amazing. I use Oxblood, the greens and Deep Magenta for marking. Deep Magenta goes in a charcoal Lamy Safari with the black broad nib - it's a cool juxtaposition of colours.

Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scribble Monboddo

• The Good Captain

• warblerick

• PenCityAus

• Salamander
  • Green Black
  • Umber
  • Sargasso Sea
  • (& Racing Green)
  • Damson

I love Diamine inks, but not in the blue family.

Mark Polis, MD

"A flourishing style of chirography is nowhere less in place than on a physician's prescription."___1856, Edward Parrish, An Introduction to Practical Pharmacy

Right now it's a tossup between Damson and Salamander. I love the others I have, but these two get a lot more use.

"Luxe, calme et volupte"

I now have four or five in constant rotation:

Syrah

Chocolate Brown

Sherwood Green

Ancient Copper

Salamander

The two I reach for most frequently are Sherwood Green (lovely color, glorious sheen) and Salamander (can't explain it, just enjoy it). All see regular action, though, mostly based on performance.

Diamine Chopin from the Music Collection is my new favourite (along with my old fave - Majestic Blue)

I like Florida Blue and just ordered Orange. I had a sample of it and can't bear the thought of it running out.

+1 Oxblood

+1 Imperial Purple (One of my all time favorite inks)

There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are. - W. Somerset Maugham

http://wendyvancamp.com

I started using this line of inks because a shop I bought a vintage pen from said that they would guarantee the feed system only if I used this or one other line. So, I used this as an opportunity to try them out and use them almost exclusively in my vintage pens. Therefore, as I don't use other inks in these pens, I don't compare them with other brands.

My favorite is Majestic Blue, however it never seems to dry completely. 2 Blue-Black. 3 Denim. 4. midnight. 5 Misty Blue. 6 Presidential Blue for the blues.

Reds; Ruby and Classic Red.

Greens; Delamere Green, Emerald, Evergreen

I use Diamine Blaze Orange daily to write with my Waterman 7 pink nib wet noodle pen. It is my favourite ink, nicer than the Caran D'Ache Saffron that I have been using.

Diamine Eau De Nil has become my favourite general use ink, it's what lives in my 1946 Vacumatic, as I'm unlikely to want to rinse it out any time soon.

Instagram @inkysloth

I've gotta say either Ancient Copper or Red Dragon. Although I'm really liking the sample of Grey I got, which surprised me as I usually don't go for black/grey inks.

So many inks, so little time...

Diamine Eau De Nil has become my favourite general use ink, it's what lives in my 1946 Vacumatic, as I'm unlikely to want to rinse it out any time soon.

I've just ordered some to try :-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

I vote Diamine Kelly Green. The shading is beautiful in a flex pen.

http://i.imgur.com/xQaDQjc.png

I am now replacing every word with "Iroshizuku". You're looking very Iroshizuku today! Iroshizuku to you too!

I have been studying up on inks since I'm a boring Pekikan brilliant black only user at the moment. I noticed some info here with regards to Diamine about a nice online only shop called Nordic Pen Imports. Niklas was extremely helpful. For my first foray into color inks I chose 3: Sapphire Blue, DI Red Dragon, Ultra green.

Can't wait to try them all!