• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slippery when wet

• ZachWasniak

• pavoni

• Azuniga

I agree Daisy. I keep coming back over and over again because I love seeing these wonderful cases.

Please continue posting your pics!!!

Beautiful cabinet Azuniga, and a fabulous collection of pens :puddle:

Hopefully, one day, we will hear the story of your collection :thumbup:

Pavoni.

Wow! Some truly beautiful cases (esp. the G. Morris ones) -- thanks everyone for sharing.

As for myself, I keep my pens in a series of leather pen cases in the drawer of my desk, with ink bottles, cartridges, spare converters, etc. in the drawer of a little filing cabinet next to my desk. Completely unfancy and uninteresting, to say the least, but it works for me.

Écrire c’est tenter de savoir ce qu’on écrirait si on écrivait. – M. Duras

Beautiful cabinet Azuniga, and a fabulous collection of pens :puddle:

Hopefully, one day, we will hear the story of your collection :thumbup:

Pavoni.

Pavoni,

Thank you for your post... your collection is not to complaint about as far as I know... your great reviews are always welcomed...

As for telling a story I will have to resume one of these days ... fifty years collecting and too many pens...

Regards

Espectacular Azuniga!!

Beautiful cabinet and pen collection. Now, how on Earth do you keep track of your pens? In mean, the models that you have, how many, which ones are you inking/using, etc?

Besides, how many do you have?

Espectacular Azuniga!!

Beautiful cabinet and pen collection. Now, how on Earth do you keep track of your pens? In mean, the models that you have, how many, which ones are you inking/using, etc?

Besides, how many do you have?

Dr_P

The cabinet was done by the family carpenter from a drawing I gave him... first two small ones above, then the large one.

Somewhere in this forum there is a software you can download named, if I am not wrong, Fountain Pen inventory... it is very useful and I suggest you to use it, it does not matter how many pens, there is a space for every detail, name, model, nib, date, purchase date, price... even when you sell them or trade them, you write it down and remember them when they are gone.

Wonderful tool... you can add images, something similar to excel but specially made for pens. Since I downloaded, every Sunday I dedicate two to three hours to complete it... around two thousand pens that used to be three until I started trading and selling sometimes. I am a real addict so it is difficult to get rid of them. I have used eighty percent of them at least. Every Monday morning around six I clean the three I usually carry, I keep them and I use three others... (I do not sleep much any more and I write four to six hours a day), since I discovered Ford patent pen (English brand from the thirties) ten years ago, there is always a Ford with me.

It is part of life for me since long time... I have tried many inks, but usually they are Private Reserve, Waterman and Conway Stewart... the classic colors, blue, black, brown and some times the gorgeous PR avocado

Thanks for your interest and please excuse me if the answer was too long....

Regards, Ariel

Dr_P

The cabinet was done ...

Ariel, thank you for your answer. Is a very interesting story and I enjoyed it very much. I like to read about other FP users and collectors to see how they organize and function.

Besides, you have a nice place. The armchair and the bookshelf in the corner look quite old and very stylish (and there are some books that seem to be quite old too).

All my best,

Claudio

I prefer to keep my pens in the same box coming with the pen , and now-a-days i also keep some of my pens in an ordinary tray ,partitioned for few pens. all my pens lie in a safe cmpartment of my cupboard . I have yet to make special box or tray for pens.

I prefer to keep my pens in the same box coming with the pen , and now-a-days i also keep some of my pens in an ordinary tray ,partitioned for few pens. all my pens lie in a safe cmpartment of my cupboard . I have yet to make special box or tray for pens.

dr. saleem ali

I would love to find all the vintage pens with their original boxes but it is really hard, they are very rarely together...

it is different with new pens in which case that is what I believe should be done !!

regards

• 5 months later...

I guess as anybody else there is a story behind....

This is incredible! Very beautiful and professional! I hope I would have such a collection in fifty years.

When not in a pen wrap, most of my pens are hanging out in a NASA mug on my desk. I like easy access. I do make an exception for my two pretty pens which get to rest in their original boxes when not in use.

Well......I use a variety of cases, let's start with the biggest; it is a HUGE cigar humidor that I converted into a 130 pen case, then I have a Visconti case, A Vintage Waterman 10 pen case, and another Vintage Waterman Lighted ca: 1940's Case that holds about 20 pens, and some others that I can't recall at the moment as I am downstairs and my collection is upstairs :-). Somehow I manage to store approx. 435 pens in these cases....

I keep mine in lure tackle boxes.

I only have two pens - an Aurora Optima and others.

i use cigar boxes

'The Yo-Yo maneuver is very difficult to explain. It was first perfected by the well-known Chinese fighter pilot Yo-Yo Noritake. He also found it difficult to explain, being quite devoid of English.

So we left it at that. He showed us the maneuver after a sort. B*****d stole my kill.'

-Squadron Leader K. G. Holland, RAF. WWII China.

• 4 weeks later...

The 1st pic is a cigar humidor that I made into a pen case that holds approx. 130 pen's. Two of the drawers are not open for you to see the pens that are in them.....The 2nd pic is a Custom made 12 pen holder made out of 3 different kinds of woods! The last pic is a 1940's Parker Lighted Pen Display that I rebuilt it's lighting system!.......and these are just some of my pen display's that I have......

post-11647-0-76207900-1406875888_thumb.jpg

post-11647-0-34241700-1406876043_thumb.jpg

post-11647-0-29873100-1406876201_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I recently changed from various small (18-24 pen mini cabinets) to the one below.

Got it here: http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Martha_Stewart_Living_Craft_Space_Collectors_Base/00/280/

The inside wood dividers are removable. I added the felt at the bottom of each drawer and got the green pen dividers from a couple of sources.

At the bottom in the boxes I keep ink bottles and other items like paper and pen holders.

fpn_1411230382__storage_1_front.jpg

fpn_1411230455__storage_1_top.jpg

fpn_1411230487__storage_1_open.jpg

In use today: MB LeGrand Pettit Prince and Aviator, Pelikan M100N, Conid First Production Run demonstrator.