Sailor Nibs Comparison And Japanese Famous Pen Craftsman

notVirtuThe3rd

Thanks for posting those great links and videos. I'll keep an eye out for your future posts.

btw I am also into older cameras, so am also a photographic equipment geek, and really enjoyed the Lord IV camera demo.

Edited by GallBladder

Writing with pen and ink, is an endeavour both stimulating and cathartic.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• notVirtuThe3rd

• inkstick

• Sailor Kenshin

• symphony

I've watched the video over three times. lol

So nice.

By the way, I ordered Platinum President (ST) with B nib.

Which is more popular in Japan, silver trim or gold trim?

I have both ST and GT! :rolleyes:

Over three times!? Thanks a lot for your watching. Both silver trim and gold trim are popular in Japan. But, strictly speaking, silver trim is much popular than gold trim among younger generation.

Edited by VirtuThe3rd

Thanks for posting those great links and videos. I'll keep an eye out for your future posts.

btw I am also into older cameras, so am also a photographic equipment geek, and really enjoyed the Lord IV camera demo.

Hi, GallBladder. Thank you so much for your watching my vids. I'm a camera geek as well!! Especially, I do like to use 135 film cameras. Needless to add, I also love vintage cameras like TLRs. Here's a video I took before. I hope you'll enjoy watching the vid! :)

Zenobiaflex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agGFbm7HrGg

Edited by VirtuThe3rd

Platinum's pen is always quite attractive for me.

Yeah, Platinum's products are also attractive, esp. Izumo akatame (urushi finished with B nib)

is the very pen I do want next!! :)

Wow, how lucky... if I were living in Japan or a Japanese I would certainly be at the nib clinic.

Thanks for the comment. I sometimes (about twice ...or three times a year) visit Nakaya Fountain Pen Shop instead of going to Sailor pen clinic. Then, the pen craftsman Mr. Kubo adjusts my pens very appropriately! I'm so proud of him. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCj_L_9Dcws

Edited by VirtuThe3rd

Nice videos! I don't understand anything but nevertheless it is still fascinating. Nothing like being so near to a great nibmeister and above all a skilled artisan. I hear that all these guys are very respected in Japan... and for good reason! It truly is more than a business. :happyberet:

Nice videos! I don't understand anything but nevertheless it is still fascinating. Nothing like being so near to a great nibmeister and above all a skilled artisan. I hear that all these guys are very respected in Japan... and for good reason! It truly is more than a business. :happyberet:

Hi, nicholasyeo. Thanks for the comment over again!! Language is not so important problem. If you feel something through the videos, I'm really glad as a Japanese fountain pen freak!

Thank you very much for sharing that. It is very enjoyable to watch a master at work.

UR welccome. You know Hakase is one of the most famous fountain pen craftsmen in Japan. If you come to my country in the future, you should visit his own shop and order your special fountain pen! I bet you'd like it. :)

Thanks a lot for the links to these great videos! I received yesterday a fountain pen made at the Yamada fountain pen shop. Very nice to see the actual place it was made

Nikolaos

Thanks a lot for the links to these great videos! I received yesterday a fountain pen made at the Yamada fountain pen shop. Very nice to see the actual place it was made

Nikolaos

I received yesterday a fountain pen made at the Yamada fountain pen shop.

Wow, have you gotten the pen that Mr. Yamada had made!? Congratulations!!! If possible, please tell me how long did you wait for the pen this time? Anyway, I do hope you'll enjoy using the new pen from Japan! :)

Yamada fountain pen shop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZIw9th4Rzg

Edited by VirtuThe3rd

I received yesterday a fountain pen made at the Yamada fountain pen shop.

Wow, have you gotten the pen that Mr. Yamada had made!? Congratulations!!! If possible, please tell me how long did you wait for the pen this time? Anyway, I do hope you'll enjoy using the new pen from Japan! :)

Yamada fountain pen shop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZIw9th4Rzg

The pen was made by Mr. Yamada for a Japanese collector who some years later decided to sell it. I am the very happy new owner :)

I will post photos of the pen soon

Thanks again,

Nikolaos

Great review and awesome videos.

I was thinking about buying the Professional Gear

with M nib and thanks to this review I have clear.

Many thanks for your work!!!

Edited by JJ51

JJ51