Sailor Nibs Comparison And Japanese Famous Pen Craftsman

notVirtuThe3rd

VirtuThe3rd, I came across your videos when I was deciding on which nib to go with on my new Sailor Sapporo - oh - I went for a B - so smooth! - and I've just gotta say thank you! Your Sailor nib comparison and the marketing video from Sailor really helped me. :)

The videos of the craftsmen are brilliant, too. I watched one by chance and got instantly hooked! My dad, who only uses promotional ballpoints..., even stopped to watch a few. I look forward to any future videos you post!

Oh - your Sailor nibs comparison gave me major 'ASMR' - not only did I get the information I was after but I also became very relaxed! :) Ha=ha!

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• notVirtuThe3rd

• inkstick

• Sailor Kenshin

• symphony

VirtuThe3rd, I came across your videos when I was deciding on which nib to go with on my new Sailor Sapporo - oh - I went for a B - so smooth! - and I've just gotta say thank you! Your Sailor nib comparison and the marketing video from Sailor really helped me. :)

The videos of the craftsmen are brilliant, too. I watched one by chance and got instantly hooked! My dad, who only uses promotional ballpoints..., even stopped to watch a few. I look forward to any future videos you post!

Oh - your Sailor nibs comparison gave me major 'ASMR' - not only did I get the information I was after but I also became very relaxed! :) Ha=ha!

Thank you so much for your kind words.

I'm really glad to hear that. :)

In this March, I'll upload the additional video that title

is "Zoom vs Naginata". I hope you'll enjoy it, too.

Keep in touch,

Kota Adachi

The smoothest dialy refill for fountain pens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqI5MWLia-4

Thanks for the video. By the way, I'm looking for the smoothest writer made in Japan. I know Pilot, Sailor, and Platinum a lot. So what brand is the best for me? I usually use broad nibs. Most of them are Platinum's though. I hear you're well known as a good adviser of Japanese fountain pens. I need your help. If possible, I wanna get Pilot one next. Is the Pilot 823 best of all Japanese fountain pens? Thanks in advance. :happyberet:

Thanks for the video. By the way, I'm looking for the smoothest writer made in Japan. I know Pilot, Sailor, and Platinum a lot. So what brand is the best for me? I usually use broad nibs. Most of them are Platinum's though. I hear you're well known as a good adviser of Japanese fountain pens. I need your help. If possible, I wanna get Pilot one next. Is the Pilot 823 best of all Japanese fountain pens? Thanks in advance. :happyberet:

Yep, Pilot 823 B nib is very smooth and it has good ink flow

and no trouble starting or skipping.

It puts down a reasonably wet line with no scratching.

I do recommend it! I bet you'd like it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL3Qr8uSIg4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46goejRpDds

I'm ordering Pilot 823 broad nib at ANDY's pen soon. Thanks for kind advice!! :notworthy1:

You're welcome. :)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9eUhTz7WsIE

Nice video on Nikons, Virtu, thanks for posting! I have an F2 and F3 and a bunch of fine Nikkor lenses that I have used for years. I hope I can still get film as the photo world goes digital...

– MJ

Nice video on Nikons, Virtu, thanks for posting! I have an F2 and F3 and a bunch of fine Nikkor lenses that I have used for years. I hope I can still get film as the photo world goes digital...

– MJ

As I do like to use many kinds of cameras, I always take

pictures with film cameras. Taking pictures is my second

hobby, actually. :)

If I went digital, I would choose Nikon D7100.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xogd1yW0xPY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBt3nMX6tNo

Great video!! Thanks for sharing the rare video footage. I've ever used Nikon F90X known in the U.S. as the N90S. In terms of actual use, the F90X was very simple to do point and shoot. I think it was the best film camera I've ever tried! :thumbup:

Edited by wisma46

wisma46

Great video!! Thanks for sharing the rare video footage. I've ever used Nikon F90X known in the U.S. as the N90S. In terms of actual use, the F90X was very simple to do point and shoot. I think it was the best film camera I've ever tried! :thumbup:

Yes! Nikon F90X is really useful camera.

Incidentally, I usually use Nikon New FM2 to take pics.

Anyway, Nikon is one of the most reliable companies like Sailor! :)

Awesomely informative! Thanks for this new video. I also enjoy the ones you narrate in Japanese.

Would you saybthe Naginata-Togi has any spring? It sort of looks as though it might.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Awesomely informative! Thanks for this new video. I also enjoy the ones you narrate in Japanese.

Would you saybthe Naginata-Togi has any spring? It sort of looks as though it might.

Thanks for the comment, Kenshin! :)

Naginata-Togi nibs are not so springy, actually.

I feel a bit harder than Sailor regular nibs.

Thanks for your watching my latest video, ALL. :)

The members of FPN are all hearty!

See you soon.

Hi, Virtuthe3rd,

Thanks a lot for yours videos. It's everytime a great pleasure to discover "japanese handmade treasures".

Betrayed by a capricious and regularly sick Montblanc 144, i felt in love with japanese fountain pens ( sailor saporo, Pilot bamboo, falcon, C823, Nakaya Picolo ).

I'm planning to visit Kyoto and Tokyo on april. Would you like to suggest me some " fountain pen place" to visit in Kyoto ?

PS : my wish list for "travel souvenir" : Pilot C 845 and Sailor Pro Gear ...

Best regards.

Plume 35.

Hi, Virtuthe3rd,

Thanks a lot for yours videos. It's everytime a great pleasure to discover "japanese handmade treasures".

Betrayed by a capricious and regularly sick Montblanc 144, i felt in love with japanese fountain pens ( sailor saporo, Pilot bamboo, falcon, C823, Nakaya Picolo ).

I'm planning to visit Kyoto and Tokyo on april. Would you like to suggest me some " fountain pen place" to visit in Kyoto ?

PS : my wish list for "travel souvenir" : Pilot C 845 and Sailor Pro Gear ...

Best regards.

Plume 35.

Thank you so much for the comment. :)

You're planning to visit my country!? Sounds so great!

Pilot Custom or Sailor Pro Gear will be a good souvenir for you.

If you visit Kansai district, I think you should visit Kobe as well.

Nagasawa is one of the most popular place to get nice fountain pens

made in Japan. And, at the shop, you can also purchase Nagasawa

limited ink like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrqG64RE5Ek

Sorry, I'm afraid I'm a stranger around Kyoto... lol

However, when you drop in at Tokyo, you must visit Itoya! :)

Itoya is the biggest pen shop in Japan. I bet you'd like the shop.

Edited by VirtuThe3rd

Hi, Virtu. Please keep uploading Japanese great videos. I am waiting for the video to come! :thumbup:

I'm a big fan of your videos,

wisma46

wisma46

Hi, Virtu. Please keep uploading Japanese great videos. I am waiting for the video to come! :thumbup:

I'm a big fan of your videos,

wisma46

Thank you! :)

This is my latest video uploaded on March 11th.

Please enjoy watching Japanese fountain pen shops.

Fountain pen shop in Sapporo, Japan - 大丸藤井セントラル -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj57GwDeuk4