Top Posters In This Topic

• MYU

• Dillo

• flatline

• Tasmith

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.stationeryart.com/productimages/pentel/p200/set_1.jpg

Idk but these Japanese drafting pencils are 'heavy' ish but are extremely well balanced, so much so than flicking them in your hand feels satisfying. Their leads are also smooth.

My pencil of choice is the Montblanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Platinum-Plated Facet Classique Mechanical Pencil 0.7mm with 2B lead.

Pentel P203, P205, and Alvin Draft-Matic DM03 and DM05. Pretty much the only mechanical pencils I've had for the last 8 years.

Just bought the Rotring 500 .5mm. While I really like my 600, I think I enjoy using the 500 even more. Half the weight of the 600 and half the price too. I keep the 600 filled with HB or 2H leads when I need to write or sketch lightly. I keep the 500 filled with 2B for everyday writing or practicing Italic calligraphy when I don't have access to my Artpens.

Edited by Tasmith

• 3 weeks later...

The pencil that got me through school is a Pentel 120 A3 DX in 0.3mm. It's still probably my favorite pencil because it's so light and comfortable in the hand. I can write for hours without fatigue. Quality 2B lead makes it just float over the paper (I use 2B in all my pencils since it's so much smoother and darker than regular HB).

Pilot S10 (also in 0.3mm) is a great pencil to write with. It feels extremely solid and is quite bottom heavy (if you like that sort of thing). It also has the most authoritative click when advancing the lead of any mechanical pencil I've ever used.

Alvin Draft/Matic (also in 0.3mm). Best knurling ever! I use this when I want something a little narrower than the A3 or S10.

Pencils that I've got nothing bad to say about, but I don't like as much as the above: Rotring 500/600, Staedtler 925-35 (blue annodized aluminum), Uni-shift (pocket safe!), and GraphGear 500.

--flatline

Alvins are great, but I could never write with 0.3mm - too thin and breaks all the time. I found 0.7 mm is the best when it comes to writing notes.

Edited by adallak

“Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down.” Jimmy Durante quotes (American Comedian, Pianist and Singer, 1893-1980)

Autopoint Jumbo with 1.1mm B-grade lead. I haven't found anything I like better at any price point. The lead is wonderful to write with, the pencil feels good in the hand and is solid, and the eraser actually works well.

I've used pentels, staedtlers, faber-castells, a lamy safari, but the most comfortable mechanical pencil i have ever had is the little 0.7 mm lamy scribble.
It's heavy and short, yet nice to hold (and i have big hands!)
I write around 8 pages every day (math). i use faber-castell B leads.
the scribble is always in my pocket, i never forget it :) http://media.lamyshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1960x905/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/L/A/LAMY_185_LAMY_scribble_0_7_DB.png

I have 3 pencils and will probably not need another. They all get used very often.

Rotring 600

Montblanc Meisterstuck

Montblanc 100 year historical

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

What's a pencil??? ;)

A device often used by product designers architects and engineers to create fountain pens ...and everything else!!! ;)

R.

Edited by RR4U

“The pen is the tongue of the mind.”

- Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra.

fpn_1421103764__don-quijote-de-la-mancha.jpg

• 3 months later...

You say you want a revolution.............

fpn_1381605567__blue.jpg

I have the exact same writing device (including colour) in a ball point!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• 1 year later...
I've long admired the PILOT Vanishing Point mechanical pencils, but never pursued trying to get one... as there's still so much bidding competition out there. Just feels uncomfortable paying $99 for a MP that originally sold for $15!

In my searches to learn more about this mechanical pencil series, I've seen the following models ("x" is mm size - 3, 5, 7): H-100x (all plastic black body), H-200x (silver metal/ black plastic body), H-210x (all black plastic/metal body), H-300x (silver metal/ plastic body).

However, I discovered another model that I've not been able to determine the model number. It's all steel, no plastic.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t154/MYU701/pens/Pilot/Pilot_VP_MP_all-steel_01.jpg

Has anyone here ever seen this one? I tried searching on a few model number variations and turned up nothing (there's no H-5005).

Edited by MYU

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Hi,

Myu, perchance, have you see the Pilot DelFul? It's another Pilot double-knock pencil. I prefer it to a lot of the other Pilot double-knock pencils, probably because I like plastic.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Hi Dillon, good to see you're still here. You once modified a Lamy 2000 nib for me (still use it today!).

I never heard of the Pilot DelFul. I tend to avoid all plastic mechanical pencils. Do you know the Uni Kuru Toga? Amazing MP. They have all plastic versions as well as metal. The rotating lead feature is revolutionary.

Edited by MYU

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

My choice 0.9mm Pentel a3 and 0.9 Tombow Deep. They are really comfortable pens to use.

It's all Greek to me...