Montblanc Albert Einstein

La Stilografica Milano

To me they are the series with slippery metal grips. It's no problem that I can't afford one. I would never buy one with a metal grip

+1 I feel the same, last time I had a metal pen I was in high school and still remember how slippery it got in summer and how cold in winter.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• La Stilografica Milano

• BrandonA

• JLS1

• Vicynax

If only they would :crybaby:

________________________________________________________________________________

Love and work... work and love, that's all there is.

Sigmund Freud

(there was a man who obviously never knew fountain pens!)

• 2 weeks later...

My BB Einstein and BB Swift together come back today. The BB on the Einstein is perfect however the Swift is very slightly misaligned and the left tine is thinner than the right. They both write smoothly and wet, as you can image "write like a dream". I found the MB BB is getting more stubbish recently even tends to Italic. Anyway the Einstein is an innovative pen that can be seen from the concave on the cap and the etching formula on the barrel.

Edited by mjchuang9

It is a pity that the pen is not of 149 size.

I had a chance to see and handle the Einstein LE in the local boutique. I am a little disappointed with the pen - small grip section and the nib too. The ball point I like the most of the collection. ...

Anyway, the craftsmanship is great as usual.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

Amazing looking pen, shame they'd make it onli with M nib.

On a quest to find the best black ink there is {on hold until i come up with good criteria}. Test subjects:

Caran d'Ache Carbon; J. Herbin Perle Noire; De Atramentis Black Edition - Black; Lamy Black; Montegrappa Black; Parker Quink Permanent Black; Pelikan Brilliant Black 4001; Sailor Kiwa-Guro Pigmented Nano Black.Not final list, PM me with further worthy test subjects

I was hoping to get some help from you guys on the 99 LE. I have been given the option to buy one (number not disclosed).

I don't think I could stomach using a pen on a daily basis - I would spend too much time worrying about it to enjoy it.

With that in mind, I would hold it for a few years (anywhere from 2 - 10 years) to seek some investment value - it could turn out to be a good diversification away from the usual.

It's circa £20k, is a skeleton 146 size in white gold (yes, we have all seen and drooled at the pictures).

My assessment is that it should appreciate, more for the non intrinsic value character. It is 99 pieces rather than the 240 Gandhi LE equivalent. Einstein is clearly a very popular, well known figure - something that's important I'm told.

I wondered if any of you had any experience of such pens (MB very LE) appreciating? It would just be speculation but would be good to get the opinion of those who know much more.

By the way, also have a FP Einstein 3000 LE for sale which should be going up later this evening.

Can I recommend you look at the prices obtained at recent Bonham's auctions for LE skeletons. They achieve roughly 50% of MRRP once commission is deducted. The exceptions are the slightly older ones (Black widow) which have become grail pens for a few. Is the 99 Einstein going to achieve that now that MB seem to be releasing skeletons several times each year? IMHO, probably not. I agree with other comments - buy the pen because you like it and so you can pass it onto your kids.

Montblanc POA Series

I chased mine up yesterday and it should arrive this week! But Im away till the weekend so long wait if it arrives today!!

Congratulations! You'll love it. I've few orders that's been on backorder for a few weeks now. But I'll be getting a few tomorrow so my clients should be happy to receive them before this weekend. Love the weight on it =)

Eddie Lin -- 714.424.5270

Montblanc {South Coast Plaza}

3333 Bristol Street #2209, Costa Mesa, CA 92626

I had the chance to use the Einstein rollerball at Venice airport yesterday. It was gorgeous and beautiful to write with, although I was really surprised how heavy and large it was compared to my other MBs. You would certainly know of it's presence in your pocket. The rollerball cartridge was also oversized and, unfortunately, only available in black or blue, not my favoured green. I may consider the fountain pen, the sales girl said it used bottle ink; does anyone know if it's available in fine nib?

I had the chance to use the Einstein rollerball at Venice airport yesterday. It was gorgeous and beautiful to write with, although I was really surprised how heavy and large it was compared to my other MBs. You would certainly know of it's presence in your pocket. The rollerball cartridge was also oversized and, unfortunately, only available in black or blue, not my favoured green. I may consider the fountain pen, the sales girl said it used bottle ink; does anyone know if it's available in fine nib?

I comes in the usual nib options including fine.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Here we go with some details and some more pictures:

Specifications:

Weight : 86 g

Length with cap closed : 13.5 cm

Length with cap posted : 17.5 cm

Lenght without cap : 12.4 cm

Grip circumference : 1,1 cm

Some picture:

post-92224-0-80865100-1354807440.jpg

(watch the clip detail)

post-92224-0-79974400-1354807448.jpg

post-92224-0-70775100-1354807471.jpg

( einstenium incision on nib)

post-92224-0-72671200-1354807477.jpg

Here instead some picture with other Montblanc series, this could help if you already have some:

post-92224-0-33444300-1354807660.jpg

(size without cap is really similar to joseph II)

post-92224-0-69808500-1354807735.jpg

post-92224-0-95422500-1354807833.jpg

I'm curious to see some feedback :thumbup:

Lovely collection; the red pen is especially gorgeous, which edition is that?

Lovely collection; the red pen is especially gorgeous, which edition is that?

That is Joseph II 4810... One of my favorites.. it's more gorgeous than the 888 version.

Eddie Lin -- 714.424.5270

Montblanc {South Coast Plaza}

3333 Bristol Street #2209, Costa Mesa, CA 92626

That really is a fine collection

Thank you very much...

During April Montblanc will launch a new collection, if this can help i will post some other pictures with different limited edition to compare with the new model..

Edited by La Stilografica Milano

Thank you very much...

During April Montblanc will launch a new collection, if this can help i will post some other pictures with different limited edition to compare with the new model..

Sir/Madam,

Ofcourse you can help us!

Thank you so much for taking the time to make the comparisonpics and post them here. :thumbup:

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

Thank you very much...

Sir/Madam,

Ofcourse you can help us!

Thank you so much for taking the time to make the comparisonpics and post them here. :thumbup:

Thank you for your kind message, it's a pleasure :thumbup: ..

Unfortunally there are no official info about the new release yet , only some rumor ..

Thank you very much...

Sorry for asking, a new "normal" collection or a new limited collection ?

Thank you very much...

Sorry for asking, a new "normal" collection or a new limited collection ?

Well,

i think we can reveal as we received it 30 minutes ago.

The new release is a Meisterstuck "Signature for Good" Collection dedicated to Unicef (different to the one produced in 2009).

We will post some info and pics very soon.