• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• La Stilografica Milano

• BrandonA

• JLS1

• Vicynax

The boutique informed me the Einstein has arrived. I have had the boutique reserve one for me. I prefer this series to PoA. I own Gandhi, Hitchcock and it is hard to let Einstein go.

Edited by mjchuang9

I visited the NYC Boutique this past weekend and asked about this pen. They did not have one in the store but were pleased to show me the biggest coffee table book i have ever seen with close up pictures....and wanted to put me on the waiting list of course!

:drool:

I do wish the boutiques would stop flaunting the "coffee table books" and just stock the pens themselves. I realize that Einstein has not yet been released, but I got the "coffee table book treatment" for the Picasso pen. I would not part with the tens of thousands of dollars for which these pens sell, unless I saw the actual pen. The practice of luring customers with picture books reminds me of a 1950s aluminum siding salesman, touting how your homely bungalow could become the jewel of suburbia ....

Exactly

sigh... why is the 99 ver. like x999999 better...

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh558/Pammzer/EinsteinLE.jpg

I wish the barrel is a bit more interesting on the 3000 ver.

I mean at least with the hitchcock pens the regular ones were just as nice/had their own character vs. it's ultra limited edition cousin...

This is so amazing...!

No more MBs for me until they lose those nasty sharp step downs between the body and section. :sick:

I could not agree with you more! I bought the Elizabeth and regret it: the "step-down" makes it uncomfortable as pen to use for more than a few lines of writing.

What's the retail on the 99 ed.? Incredible :)

Patek Philippe Annual Calendar 5146J, Calatrava 5127R / Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15300ST / Montblanc: '80s 149 14C (F), 75th Anniv. RG O3B, 149 O3B & B, Meissen White B, Silver Barley B, Agatha SS M & Vermeil B, Dumas B, Verne B & others...

For sale: All in mint condition!! —Email me!

• * Nakaya Akatamenuri Writer Portable with Sterling Silver Snake stopper with Ruby eyes, 14k Elastic Soft nib.
  • * Montegrappa Extra 1930 Bamboo Black and Turtle Brown FPs (Both M-nibs)

What's the retail on the 99 ed.? Incredible :)

Around €23000

I'm keeping that towards my next Patek thank you... nice LE though.

Patek Philippe Annual Calendar 5146J, Calatrava 5127R / Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15300ST / Montblanc: '80s 149 14C (F), 75th Anniv. RG O3B, 149 O3B & B, Meissen White B, Silver Barley B, Agatha SS M & Vermeil B, Dumas B, Verne B & others...

• * Nakaya Akatamenuri Writer Portable with Sterling Silver Snake stopper with Ruby eyes, 14k Elastic Soft nib.

When I saw the first pictures, which weren't clearly stating it was the 99 edition, I thought the 99 would actually be the 3000, and was nearly considering getting one....

Needless to say, the 3000's cap is very nice, but the uncapped pen is quite ugly, in my opinion, and I really don't see how the 99 should cost 23000€, this is quite a nonsense.

http://i.imgur.com/bZFLPKY.jpg

... I really don't see how the 99 should cost 23000€, this is quite a nonsense.

Perhaps, if you do not know more about MB skeletons and LE's. This price is in line with other limited editions of less than 100 pieces.

I also thought so, until I had the privilege of visiting the MB Artisan Atelier at the factory, where a handful of goldsmiths and artisans sit and make these pens by hand. If you see what they do, the hours and hours they spend, and the processes involved, it invokes nothing but respect. I'm not saying the price is fair, it is very expensive for sure, but I am beginning to understand how they get there. What you pay for, is not the materials, but for a piece of somebody's life that went into the making of such an artwork, and the exclusivity of these limited editions. These pieces are never advertised, it is not necessary, the niche market is there.

If this was a large nib (149-size) skeleton, I would have bought one for sure. If I was lucky. Often, the LE skeletons are sold out even before they are officially released. It happened to me with the Eiffel, I had my name put on the waiting list, but no luck. All sold out, even before release.

Bottom line, Montblanc caters for a very small market with these LE's, and they know the right customers will pay for it.

Because it costs like x999999 more? :) ;)

Hello WOBentley,

Please, tell me what FP is displayed at the bottom of your post. I think I like it.

With love,

goldenkrishna

Ik tik

No more MBs for me until they lose those nasty sharp step downs between the body and section. :sick:

I could not agree with you more! I bought the Elizabeth and regret it: the "step-down" makes it uncomfortable as pen to use for more than a few lines of writing.

Hello,

Oh really, I ordered Eli I just a few days ago and I'm anxious to find out myself. I'm not into keeping shelf-queens.

Of course I'll inform you on my experiences with the Queen.

With love,

goldenkrishna

Ik tik

If this was a large nib (149-size) skeleton, I would have bought one for sure. If I was lucky. Often, the LE skeletons are sold out even before they are officially released. It happened to me with the Eiffel, I had my name put on the waiting list, but no luck. All sold out, even before release.

Bottom line, Montblanc caters for a very small market with these LE's, and they know the right customers will pay for it.

Didn't know that these are essentially pre-sold, but it's not hard to imagine. I'm sure their top-end clients get contacted about future LEs and they are snapped up in a heart beat!

... I really don't see how the 99 should cost 23000€, this is quite a nonsense.

Perhaps, if you do not know more about MB skeletons and LE's. This price is in line with other limited editions of less than 100 pieces.

I also thought so, until I had the privilege of visiting the MB Artisan Atelier at the factory, where a handful of goldsmiths and artisans sit and make these pens by hand. If you see what they do, the hours and hours they spend, and the processes involved, it invokes nothing but respect. I'm not saying the price is fair, it is very expensive for sure, but I am beginning to understand how they get there. What you pay for, is not the materials, but for a piece of somebody's life that went into the making of such an artwork, and the exclusivity of these limited editions. These pieces are never advertised, it is not necessary, the niche market is there.

Yes, so true. I believe the Eiffel was a far more desirable pen, IMHO and it would have been wonderful if you would have been able to purchase it, as we would have all shared your joy! I would think that the LE Einstein might not be pre-sold as the Eiffel, though, as there seems to be more publicity in the MB boutiques about it.

This was a nice read about their higher end luxury pens, rockspyder, thanks. :thumbup:

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

Because it costs like x999999 more? :) ;)

Hello WOBentley,

Please, tell me what FP is displayed at the bottom of your post. I think I like it.

With love,

goldenkrishna

@goldenkrishna

It is a MB Czar Nikolai I and one of my favorite pens! The cap is malachite, with vermeil trim.

And to get back on topic...I love these pens but just don't know if I can justify this much for a pen...but I am a big fan of Mr. Einstein! Well now you all have an idea of the ongoing inner monologue I have to live with... :embarrassed_smile:

Edited by WOBentley

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

I would actually agree with the price tags of some earlier very limited editions, because there were loads of carats involved (diamonds). But this one doesn't have a transparent body, the overlay isn't really complex (it's "just" a grid", and I doubt it is handmade)...

I'm not talking about the price tag in general, but this special one seems to be overpriced, at least to me.

http://i.imgur.com/bZFLPKY.jpg

I visited the NYC Boutique this past weekend and asked about this pen. They did not have one in the store but were pleased to show me the biggest coffee table book i have ever seen with close up pictures....and wanted to put me on the waiting list of course!

:drool:

Had the same experience in Chicago. Nice big book. Very pleasant staff...... Have made purchases there in the past.

The pen is mightier than the sword, and I wield an extrafine point...... En garde!! :-)

It does seem that they're going towards lots of diamonds. Is it just for "show" or to "raise the price"? I don't think that the diamonds really add to the designs

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

Hello guys,

we have just received some information about the new Montblanc Albert Einstein

Only 3000 pieces for the Fountain Pen (medium nib only)

1500 pieces for the rollerball and 1500 pieces for the ballpen.

Here some pics.

It should be avaible very soon..

I actually really like that, especially the effect where the clip touches.