My Stable Of Aurora Pens.

leomitch

I have never owned an Optima but I have owned several of thier clone cousins in the "continental" series pens. Included are/were an Asia, Afrika, Primavera, 3 Europas and 4 Mares. Once the nibs wore in, usuaually between 100-200 double-spaced 8x11 pages of lertter writing they tended to develop into incredible writers. For myself, the size is as near to perfect as it's ever gotten with a pen.

Edited by YesIamnotiamnit

He who says he knows but does not act does not yet know.
~ Wang Yangming

When I grow up I want to be just like Calvin.

~ Me

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leomitch

• eric47

• ttakacs

• leod

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those pens are stunning!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 2 weeks later...

I also have only 3 Auroras, but all 3 are highly prized parts of my collection. I have the 85th anniversary Optima, and the Optima Primavera LE with a Medium italic nib, and my favorite EDC, the 88 Demonstrator in gold with a medium nib. This pen is both elegant and informal, and can fit in a jeans pocket or a suit pocket with ease. It goes with everything, and is one of my best writers. It is always in rotation.

Rick

Gosh those are all beautiful pens!

*drooling*

~April

One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem,

see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Gosh those are all beautiful pens!

*drooling*

It is wonderful to see so many people loving the fine pens from Aurora. As many will have figured out, for me they are the paragon of fountain pens.

I highly recommend them to all.

Cheers

Leo

Leo James Mitchell