My Stable Of Aurora Pens.

leomitch

Is that your collection?!!!!

Yes, my collection of Optimas. :embarrassed_smile: I have other modern Auroras. :embarrassed_smile: :embarrassed_smile:

Salut Eric

You have just blown what is left of my old mind!! :yikes: I would love to see the whole collection. I can only hope to emulate your collection in a partial way, but I will die in the effort! LOL!! There's a joke there somewhere!

Cordialement

Leo

Edited by leomitch

Leo James Mitchell

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leomitch

• eric47

• ttakacs

• leod

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that's an awesome collection!!

Thanks mate! Good of you to come by!!

All the best

Leo

Leo James Mitchell

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Those are very nice pens! I really like the Aurora Optima pens. Despite the fact that they are larger than what I usually use, they are very comfortable and fit very nicely in my hand.

Dillon

Hi there

Thank you so much. I too find the Optima Auroloides fit my hand just so. They feel good and look good too! I guess that is why they appeal to me so much...yet there is a something else I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe it is the fine craftsmanship. I don't know...it's like falling in love,you can't really say why but you are crazy in love.

Best regards

Leo

+ 1

My mind tells me to go with Sailor, but my heart says Aurora. I also don't know what it is; the craftsmanship seems somewhat warmer, more welcoming. I like my Sailors and depend on them; but they always seem somewhat remote...technoid.

Best,

Derek

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Hi,

Those are very nice pens! I really like the Aurora Optima pens. Despite the fact that they are larger than what I usually use, they are very comfortable and fit very nicely in my hand.

Dillon

Hi there

Thank you so much. I too find the Optima Auroloides fit my hand just so. They feel good and look good too! I guess that is why they appeal to me so much...yet there is a something else I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe it is the fine craftsmanship. I don't know...it's like falling in love,you can't really say why but you are crazy in love.

Best regards

Leo

+ 1

My mind tells me to go with Sailor, but my heart says Aurora. I also don't know what it is; the craftsmanship seems somewhat warmer, more welcoming. I like my Sailors and depend on them; but they always seem somewhat remote...technoid.

Best,

Derek

Hi Derek

I have a Sailor 1911 and I love it too, but the Aurora Optimas are indeed welcoming, with arms wide open. Their warmth is both visual and tactile...write with one, hold one and you are in love! :roflmho:

Thanks for dropping in mate!

Best regards

Leo

Leo James Mitchell

Hi,

Dillon

Hi there

Best regards

Leo

+ 1

Best,

Derek

Hi Derek

I have a Sailor 1911 and I love it too, but the Aurora Optimas are indeed welcoming, with arms wide open. Their warmth is both visual and tactile...write with one, hold one and you are in love! :roflmho:

Thanks for dropping in mate!

Best regards

Leo

Leo James Mitchell

Nice job Leo! That green looks like an early/earlier production 2d version Optima. The original 1st version green, brown, blue, and gray shrank.

Your green looks the much richer deeper green as seen early on. Over the years the mix has changed and the green is much more brighter, and they changed the cap ring too. Your blue has the new cap ring.

You're off to good start, got a ways to go however...and I don't even have or want them all. :roflmho:

what is the model of the orange optima?

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing

Nice job Leo! That green looks like an early/earlier production 2d version Optima. The original 1st version green, brown, blue, and gray shrank.

Your green looks the much richer deeper green as seen early on. Over the years the mix has changed and the green is much more brighter, and they changed the cap ring too. Your blue has the new cap ring.

You're off to good start, got a ways to go however...and I don't even have or want them all. :roflmho:

I am not sure which one you are thinking about...it may be one of two

the one with black stripes is the Aurora Afrika LE and the red one that may look orange on your screen is an Optima Resin model 977...it is an older model from a few years back.

I hope this helps.

Leo

Leo James Mitchell

If you referring to my photos, I suspect it's the Sole - Tray at the bottom of the photo, pens 4, 5, 6.

There's also the Sole Minima based on the Mini Optima - Tray at the top of the photo, pen 7.

Anyone becomes mannered if you think too much about what other people think. (Kim Gordon)

If you referring to my photos, I suspect it's the Sole - Tray at the bottom of the photo, pens 4, 5, 6.

There's also the Sole Minima based on the Mini Optima - Tray at the top of the photo, pen 7.

Do you have a love affair with the Aurora Optimas?

• 2 weeks later...

Nice pens Leo. I am also quite fond of the Optima, and regularly use one like your recent acquisition. It was a Father's Day gift from my wife and son in 1998.

I probably should have kept all my other Auroras, or at least waited until now to sell them. I can't believe the current prices!

Along with the green auroloide pen I have had for the past 15 years, I also at one time or another owned:

two different blue auroloide Optimas

a black Optima

another green auroloide Optima

a burgundy auroloide Optima

and four different black 88s (one of which my son now has)

This has been a difficult post to type as I am listening full blast to an alto saxophone solo by Eric Marienthal with the GRP All Star band...it is hard to stop jumping up and down. I hope not too many errors in this post.

I have that album and love it!

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

This has been a difficult post to type as I am listening full blast to an alto saxophone solo by Eric Marienthal with the GRP All Star band...it is hard to stop jumping up and down. I hope not too many errors in this post.

I have that album and love it!

Hi fellow GRP lover! They have to be the best big band ever and Eric blows me away(pardon the pun). It is hard to believe someone can play such complexities...how does he read that stuff and when he ad libs, how does he create such wondrous music.

Good to hear from you mate.

Najlepsi regars

leo

Leo James Mitchell

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I joined the Optima Club: Perla Noir with a medium nib. What a sweet pen!

Hey Tim!

Welcome to the Aurora Optima Club! Your new pen is a real beauty...there is a certain 'je ne c'est quoi' about these Italian beauties! You will love your Optima more and more each day and think how elegant they will look when you sign all those legal documents! Impressive your clients will think! ;)

Very best regards

Leo

Leo James Mitchell

I love the Optima model.

This is my little collection:

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8654/mg2414.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/585/mg2479.jpg

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5359/mg2480.jpg

I love the Optima model.

This is my little collection:

Those are beautiful! Thanks for sharing...

Tim (a new member of the Optima Club, not the mythical Perla Noir but a Nero Perla) :headsmack:

Can anyone tell me what period an Optima which has the older cap could be from?

Normal blue Aurilode

Many Thanks

John

Edited by English John

Can anyone tell me what period an Optima which has the older cap could be from?

Normal blue Aurilode

Many Thanks

John

Susanna says the cap ring change (to the new one) occurred in 2008:

http://www.giardino.it/pens/aurora/optima.php

Cap ring design pre-2008 was the same on the non-LE pens going back to the first modern Optimas, the ones that shrank. Some LE pens got the standard design, e.g. Sole, Mare, Primavera. Other Optima-based LE pens got pen specific variants, e.g. Goldoni.

Anyone becomes mannered if you think too much about what other people think. (Kim Gordon)

I only have 3 Auroras, and none is an Optima. But I love them; the middle one is on frequent rotation, and so is the right one... The left one not really, it's a very interesting pen but not that practical.

post-32958-0-63505700-1362349683.jpg