Pilot Bottled Blue

Mafia Geek

Here's my review of Pilot's Bottled Blue Ink. This is my favorite basic blue ink, has a nice strong blue colour and fairly high water resistance. It also dries real quick so nice for regular use. Nice flow and feel on the page but does have some show-through on lower quality paper, on Rhodia there's no concern. The only downside to the ink is the smell, it's quite a strong chemical smell to it, the nib of the pen will give off a smell so it's not just from the bottle of ink. If I were looking for a basic blue ink to use, this would be it for sure. Also available in Pilot cartridges which is a nice bonus for the Pilot pen users.

Here's my review.

fpn_1351881352__pilot_blue_review_large.jpg

Here's the water test. For this I wrote on a small Rhodia pad and after letting the ink dry for several minutes I ran it under tap water for a few seconds.

fpn_1351881404__pilot_blue_water_test_medium.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Uncle Red

• Mafia Geek

• carlos.q

• chiaroscuro

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my review of Pilot's Bottled Blue Ink. This is my favorite basic blue ink, has a nice strong blue colour and fairly high water resistance. It also dries real quick so nice for regular use. Nice flow and feel on the page but does have some show-through on lower quality paper, on Rhodia there's no concern. The only downside to the ink is the smell, it's quite a strong chemical smell to it, the nib of the pen will give off a smell so it's not just from the bottle of ink. If I were looking for a basic blue ink to use, this would be it for sure. Also available in Pilot cartridges which is a nice bonus for the Pilot pen users.

Here's my review.

fpn_1351881352__pilot_blue_review_large.jpg

Here's the water test. For this I wrote on a small Rhodia pad and after letting the ink dry for several minutes I ran it under tap water for a few seconds.

fpn_1351881404__pilot_blue_water_test_medium.jpg

Nice review..... I really like the color. I did not realize it was that water resistant. You are right about the smell. Not too overpowering though.

Thanks.

The pen is mightier than the sword, and I wield an extrafine point...... En garde!! :-)

Pilot blue is a great water resistant ink which is also very good for mixing with other inks. Usually one of my fps is filled with a pilot blue and a Waterman South Seas mix that I named Seapilot blue: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/221726-seapilot-blue/

Other mixes are possible including mixes with other (more intense) blues to obtain a brighter color. :thumbup: