Waterman Audacious Red Ink Review

Mafia Geek

Here's a scan of my written review of Waterman's Audacious Red ink. This is my favorite red ink to date. This is my go-to ink for marking. Not much more to say about this ink, easy to find and quite inexpensive. Writes real well, nice and smooth with good flow. Has very nice shading but does have a little showthrough with the pen and paper combo I used. I'd highly recommend this ink for anyone looking for a good red ink that really stands out.

fpn_1350788550__waterman_audacious_red_review.jpg

Here's the water resistance test. For this I wrote on a small Rhodia pad and after letting the ink dry for a few minutes then ran it under water for a few seconds.

fpn_1350788562__waterman_audacious_red_water_test.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mafia Geek

• Bhavna

• Jennings

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for another comprehensive review of a beautiful red. How true to the real thing would you say the scan is?

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Not real far off, there's a little more shading in person, almost a dark outline of each character which really looks great. It's also a little brighter than the scan shows. The scanner I have access to isn't spectacular unfortunately.

That's a great review format...loads of data/info in an easy to understand and concise layout. I've wondered how waterproof it is, so was really interested in your test of that aspect. I'd best not use it for official work documents! Although on the plus side at least I might stand a chance of saving stained shirt if I spill it!!!

One question I often wonder though...does anyone ever test light/UV resistance/fade properties? I'm not sure how easy this would be to do...obviously we'd need a standard UV lamp rating, distance from the paper, exposure etc etc. I'll post to the wider forum out of interest and see what people reckon.

Currently searching for these parts:

- MB 242 cap- MB 254 cap- MB 252 cap