5X7 Planner Refills

mAnuscript69

First off, I collect Starbucks' planners each year and I particularly like the 2011 edition which I still use today. However, the refill will run out soon and I'm looking to refill it.

The planner uses a 6-hole ring system similar to those found in Filofax products and comes with a monthly planner with lined pages in B6 size (13x18cm; 5x7in.)

Looking around online and in brick and mortar stores, I can't seem to find a refill of this size and format that would fit in my planner.

What I'm looking for is a 5x7 journal refill with 6 holes that takes fountain pens (preferably). I plan to refill the notebook with a monthly planner as well as 5x5 gridded paper.

Anyone?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mAnuscript69

• bogiesan

• indigoskye

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, I collect Starbucks' planners each year and I particularly like the 2011 edition which I still use today. However, the refill will run out soon and I'm looking to refill it.

The planner uses a 6-hole ring system similar to those found in Filofax products and comes with a monthly planner with lined pages in B6 size (13x18cm; 5x7in.)

Looking around online and in brick and mortar stores, I can't seem to find a refill of this size and format that would fit in my planner.

What I'm looking for is a 5x7 journal refill with 6 holes that takes fountain pens (preferably). I plan to refill the notebook with a monthly planner as well as 5x5 gridded paper.

Anyone?

The size you quoted is close to the Personal size Filofax. Franklin Covey and Day-Timer also make diary refills in this size. Each company is slightly different than the other in size, but you should be able to find something to fit your Starbuck planner. It is the most common size of planner around. I will say that the paper that all three of companies use is not very compatible with fountain pens, but you should get other recommendations about that other than my own. I'm still rather new to using fountain pens. Your other option is to print your planner pages on your favorite paper, cut them to size and then punch them. You can find custom diaries to print at http://philofaxy.com .

If you don't own a 6 hole punch, I recommend getting a Rapesco. It is very sturdy and has a notch so that you can set the holes to conform with the personal sized binders. It will make your job of a custom planner easier.

There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are. - W. Somerset Maugham

http://wendyvancamp.com

I have tried the personal Filofax refills, in fact I am using those now (10x17cm). It was the closest that I could find to a B6, though the width of the paper is way too short, bending the cover around the edges when the elastic strap is in place.

If I really can't find a refill for this planner, I guess I'll get myself a Quo Vadis Hebdo Planning Planner. At least that will be fountain pen friendly.

Edited by mAnuscript69

I found this journal online but I've never seen a Starbucks-branded planner that takes 6-ring looseleaf paper.

starbucks journal

My compact Franklin (and similar Daytimer and Dayrunners) use a 6-ring mechanism but pages are 4-1/4" x 7" (Daytimer is about 3-7/8"). A five inch-wide paper is quite unusual in the planner market but can be found in notebook fillers. Problem is finding a stationer, the big box office suppliers do not carry this stuff unless they have a huge school supply marketplace. You might also look at planner products from Meade or At A Glance that are available at big stores like Target and Shopko. They tend to market to students. Oh, also look at Rite in the Rain products. I do not have any of their stuff but their 6-ring system is slightly different form the norm.

Have fun shopping!

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.