Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

Also somewhat late to the party, but I'd love to receive some correspondence regardless.

I'm 34, Canadian and a married father of two boys. We're coming out of hockey season (finally) and so I should have more time on my hands. Outside work, I like zoos, camping, outdoors, sports and spending time with my family. I love to read, but find I don't have the time for it I would like. And I also love bizarre, questionable movies (as an example, I recently watched the Calamari Wrestler, much to my wife's bewilderment, and LOVED it).

*EDIT*

I'm bumping this entry as I haven't had anyone contact me yet with a request or offer to write. Am still hopeful that I can make a new acquaintance through this board ...

(sheepish) ... also corrected an embarrassing spelling mistake ... (/sheepish)

Edited by matthew.norton

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't really include much in my first post here a few years back.So here is a little more.

Would love to correspond with anyone!!Overseas or USA.

My main passions are classical music(american and european),piano,history,fountain pens (of course) and vintage dress/style.I married with no children,which gives me plenty of time!! Also like poetry,worldwide travel and reading.

Please send me a PM to exchange addresses.

Ciao,

Jim

Edited by handlebar

Sounds like fun.

I live in Alberta, butt up against the mountains. I work at a music store (instruments) which I used to manage before I decided I wanted less hours. More time to do other stuff, like attempting to write a book. Very hard work. wallbash.gif

I like to read, history & historicals in particular, true crime as a close second. I also like movies, but prefer them to be either fantasy or historical.

Jazz

"Auld Nature swears, the lovely dears

Her noblest work she classes, O,

Her prentice han' she tried on man,

An' then she made the lasses, O."

- Robert Burns

Support the EXCELLER FUND & pay the FERDINAND FEE

www.fund4horses.org

A bit late, but better late than never!

I would love some written corespondence.

My name is Mark, I'm 36. Live in San Francisco, California with my fiancee. We're to be married in August. My degrees are in Photography and Papermaking from a local private Art School, but work in computers as a Unix Systems Administrator so that I can pay for my Fountain Pens.

I enjoy classical music, and Jazz. (music after 1900 pretty much stinks IMHO except for Jazz) I enjoy reading. (Latest books are the Enders series and The End of Faith)

PM me to exchange snail mail.

Science is a way of skeptically interrogating the universe with a fine understanding of human fallibility.

-Carl Sagan

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange_sm.pnghttp://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/PostcardExchange_sm.pnghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4f_4pakI/AAAAAAAAA14/_d-MITGtqvY/s320/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg

Hi! I'm Maryanne Moll, and I'm a writer living in the Philippines. I'm 32, I have been married in 1998 and the marriage had been annulled in 2005. I have a six year-old son named Chandler.

My genre is fiction, but I take commissions to write books. At the moment my client is the Special Action Force, an elite unit of the Philippine National Police. I am writing the history of their unit. I am also studying for a Master's Degree in Creative Writing at the University of the Philippines, Diliman campus.

Links to some of my published works can be found over at my blog, http://www.maryannemoll.blogspot.com.

:)

Oh, goodness, what am I getting myself into!? :rolleyes:

I've had various penpals during the first 25 years of my life, and loved it. Have a number of far-flung e-pals, but the keyboard doesn't do it for me. I'm starting to hand-write to various friends (early-adopter of e-mail that i was, I can't get into the term snail mail, which is a bit pejorative IMO). I love writing longhand, and anything that helps keep my penpersonship from falling completely over the edge is wonderful/marvelous/etc. I have a haphazard schedule for writing as well (I work freelance, so I never know what a given week looks like), but I'm more than willing to give this a go.

Interests? Photography's the main one (for the record, I shoot 90% film, by choice, Polaroid/digital for the rest), followed by music, reading/writing, and cycling (oh, yes, cycling...have a few nice road bikes). As well as other Stuff Of Life. Whomever I write to is lalso ikely to get a small, random (well, not really random) photo tucked in with the letter, with a bit of a description of it. ("...worth a thousand words", and such).

So, let's try, and see what happens.

- Barrett

Hi! I'm Maryanne Moll, and I'm a writer living in the Philippines. I'm 32, I have been married in 1998 and the marriage had been annulled in 2005. I have a six year-old son named Chandler.

My genre is fiction, but I take commissions to write books. At the moment my client is the Special Action Force, an elite unit of the Philippine National Police. I am writing the history of their unit. I am also studying for a Master's Degree in Creative Writing at the University of the Philippines, Diliman campus.

Links to some of my published works can be found over at my blog, http://www.maryannemoll.blogspot.com.

:)

Hi

I know this is a bit off subject. Some years ago the Gun Smith I worked for took on a rush job for the Philippine shooting team a couple of days (may have been the day before) before a match. You would not believe the pride we had in the results of that match. Yes siree bob, we touched that. :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

JD

Please visit my wife's website.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

Hey, I can write (well I never actually had an English teacher tell me that)! I see a lot of friends here and a few I don't know. I collected, repaired and amassed a bunch of pens, now I just buy pens and write. I live in Texas, raise Peruvian Paso horses, sit on the back porch a lot since I'm now retired. This is my first post and I can see I'm going to have to read the instructions!

You want to Snail, I'm da man!

Hey, I can write (well I never actually had an English teacher tell me that)! I see a lot of friends here and a few I don't know. I collected, repaired and amassed a bunch of pens, now I just buy pens and write. I live in Texas, raise Peruvian Paso horses, sit on the back porch a lot since I'm now retired. This is my first post and I can see I'm going to have to read the instructions!

Glad to see you finally found the ranch over here :rolleyes: One just went out back to you on Tuesday.

I'd suggest you post something in the new members forum as well- sort of a hello to the site!

Best Regards,

Kurt

:cloud9: It's true! Will is a most wonderful pen pal!!!!!!! :rolleyes: I was just thinking about that today as a matter of fact. He gave me the push I needed when I was scared to death to write letters in the begining and it's been a joy to get his letters ever since.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to send a message to Carrie, but it did not work!! (At least I don't think it did - bloody technology) Let me know if you want to snail mail me, or discuss it.

Peter

Well I have been debating putting my name up here... but what the heck :) I haven't written a proper letter for years and I think I want to!! Besides, I have about 4 pens winging their way to me, gotta use them somehow :)

Briefly... I'm a Unix sysadmin, play WoW, have gorgeous 3 month old kitten (see avatar :) ) and live in Brisbane, Australia. Don't expect too much from my handwriting, I think I could feel quite embarrassed about it...

Alex

Alex, is that really your kitten in the photo? I am so jealous, oh my God! It's beautiful -- what kind?

QM2

Well I have been debating putting my name up here... but what the heck :) I haven't written a proper letter for years and I think I want to!! Besides, I have about 4 pens winging their way to me, gotta use them somehow :)

Briefly... I'm a Unix sysadmin, play WoW, have gorgeous 3 month old kitten (see avatar :) ) and live in Brisbane, Australia. Don't expect too much from my handwriting, I think I could feel quite embarrassed about it...

Please contact me if you would like to exchange letters. Pens are a fine topic but I also like to talk about politics, philosophy, photography, history, and economics.

Count me in. I have only one pen pal at this time and I have been writing to her for at least 15 years. I would love to correspond with more people.

Out of respect for my husband, ladies only please.

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.

• 2 weeks later...

I may be interested in the snail mail route, but I would think that for me, talking about fountain pens only could become extremely boring! I'm a difficult bugger and I'm interested in the Arts - classical music, theatre, lierature, the visual arts etc., etc.

I'm also into politics, human rights, photography, film making, writing, recording and editing music for CD's - etc. A peripheral interest in electronics, computers and Hi Fi.

I'm an outspoken athiest, if that's any help, and just to put you all off me a bit more. Oh, and I call a spade a spade!

So you have been warned!!

EDIT - just for the record!P.S. Concerning my next post here, which I could not resist - I would just like to point out that I am not a homosexual, although many of my best friends are.

EDIT Two I love controversy, so you will need to give as good as you get. But I respect people with strong views, even if I disagree with them. On the other hand, Paul Wolfawitz and his Neo - Cons should not try and talk to me, as there are some limits.

Edited by Peter Thomlinson

Count me in. I have only one pen pal at this time and I have been writing to her for at least 15 years. I would love to correspond with more people.

Out of respect for my husband, ladies only please.

What about a homosexual male?

Hi,

I'm a graduate student in St. Louis and am always looking for a nice penpal. I'll be in Berlin next school year, so we could even send each other international mail....

I've been using my Lamys since 1997 when my exchange partner took me to get my red, Med pt. Safari. I sort of forgot about them for awhile, but I've reawakened my obsession with fountain pens after having bought one for my friend for his birthday.

cheers,

Ted (tsjackso@wustl.edu)

Hello everybody!

I'm so proud to announce that the Snail Mail Collection is back! Thank to Alejandro to have granted his place to me.

For those that want their snail to appear online in the Snail Mail Collections' site.

Go to this post to read the rules!

<i><b><font size="4"><a href="http://www.duninet.com" target="_blank">Andrea Duni</a></font></b><br><font color="#696969">(ex Netnemo)</font></i><br><br><b>Join the FPN Groups on <a href="https://www.facebook.com/groups/fountainpennetwork/" target="_blank">Facebook</a> and <a href="http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/799587" target="_blank">LinkedIn</a></b>

Greetings Everyone!

I am a newbie but would love to be included in letter writing.

I am 29 living on Cape Cod, MA - was a music major in college, am a pilot, love to read, travel, and am a big supporter of the arts.

I would love to correspond with anyone, esp. people in France where my family is from.

Mais mon francais est mal, je voudrais ecrire en francais aussi.

Look forward to being a part of this great community.

~Jason

Jason G.

Cape Cod, Mass.