Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

Hello ladies & Gents ,

My names Matko (Forum Name & Actual Name) i am a 18 year old male from Sydney Australia .

I love writing letters and would love to have a "Letter Buddy" or multiple .

I speak 2 Language English and Croatian , I love gaining new knowledge and never turn down information .

I like sports especially Football "Soccer" .... I have also gained a interest in Baseball recently as its not big here in Australia or Croatia never got a real chance to experience watching a game other then movies until a few months ago.

I engrave as a job and a hobby , I love watches , All things that fly , Boats and of course cars !

If anyone is interested in exchanging letters please feel free to message me :-)

Kind Regards

Matko

Sorry about the spelling mistake i speak 2 languages***

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png <-- Just private message me

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This sounds like a great idea!!!...except....my handwriting is almost unreadable!

I used to write a lot ( it was a part of my job ) but nowadays it seems that everyone emails each other.

I would be interested in participating if no-one minds that my writing is illegible, I tend to write short and to the point letters/notes, I sometimes use words that are particular to Scotland ( I am Scottish/American...became a U.S. citizen about 6 years ago ) and I tend to keep my private life private. However, if anyone would like to correspond please feel free to PM me for particulars.

Oh..if it matters...male, 49.

David.

For so long as one hundred men remain alive,we shall never under any conditions submit to the

domination of the English. It is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but only for liberty, which

no good man will consent to lose but with his life.

Edited by Matko
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png <-- Just private message me

This is such a great idea. I truly wish that as a society we took more time to really interact with people, to write letters, to get to know our neighbors.

I am a 27 year old father of three. I have been married to my wonderful wife and highschool sweetheart for almost eight years now. We live near the grea city of Houston, Texas. I have, in recent months, become very fascinated with senimental thnings. Things such as fountain pens, handwritten letters, cigars (and humidors),quilts, furniture, jewelry and watches, really anything that would be cherished or passed down through the generations, as well as and most importantly my family's legacy. I have become quite concerned with how my childeren will remember me and their childhood, and what they will accomplish in their lives, and what my grandchildren will accomplish, and so on. I do not think this is something that most American young people consider.

At any rate, I would like to communicate with anyone willing and would be interested in trading anything from post it notes to full blown letters, or anything in between.

Thanks,

Robert

"I'm in, as the simplicity, unfussy black, and timeless design just give me what I want. Style is here in spades." - Steve7 spoken about MB

Wow, two replies in only a few minutes. I will get you two guys somehting in the mail as soon as possible.

"I'm in, as the simplicity, unfussy black, and timeless design just give me what I want. Style is here in spades." - Steve7 spoken about MB

Hello everyone...I've been apprehensive about jumping in here as I'm not sure what I'd write but I'm frustrated by the lack of paper correspondence these days so I guess I'll give being a pen pal a shot.

I'm 32 years old and living in Philadelphia, PA. I'm married with my first child due to arrive in July. My interests include photography, trapshooting, computers, free masonry, and fountain pens. I've been into fountain pens since 2009 but got away from it due to not falling in love with my first pen. I've gotten back into it and couldn't be happier. I used to correspond with my wife's grandmother before her passing and am looking to recapture the joy of that experience. I'm a pulmonary & critical care fellow in the 1st year of my advanced training so my time is limited. I look forward to hearing back from some of you.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Hi,

I think I'll give this a shot.

I'm a 23 year old recent college graduate with a degree in music. I live in rural West Virginia, but after I get married in May, I'm hoping to move to Philadelphia, should I be admitted into the graduate school I'm hoping for. My interests are music (of all kinds, but jazz is my area of concentration), literature, history, theology, travel, and I'm interested in politics (though I don't have a particular political allegiance). Pen pals from anywhere in the world are welcome.

"While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart."

- St. Francis of Assisi

"Don't play what's there. Play what's not there."

-Miles Davis

I will gladly take your unwanted Noodler's pens. Don't throw them away.

Assume no affiliation.

Hi, I would enjoy correspondance with some new friends

I am 26, radiologic technologist, independent baptist. From north Alabama. Air Force veteren. My hobbies other than FP's are reading, history, theology, archaeology.... Im interested in diverse conversation, feel free to contact me anyone.

I am a 40-year-old married woman with an empty nest (one benefit of starting young, I suppose!). I work full-time in disaster response, go to school part-time for a degree in business management, and try to write SF/F novels when I have free time. I enjoy gaming, but due to time constraints my gaming is limited to World of Warcraft. I love to travel, and I enjoy talking to people about travel to anywhere. Domestic, international, intercontinental, doesn't matter. I've got lots of international as well as domestic postage sitting at home, ready to be used.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png Life's too short to write with anything but a fountain pen!

I'm a 17 year old male from Marlborough Mass. I love writing with these fountain pens. I love reading and I love good indie music. I graduate from high school in two years.I play clarinet as well. Also I have a bunch of interesting stories and amazingness.

Thanks,

Matthew

My name is Matthew and I'm 17 and I really want someone to send me letters with interesting life stories. I love books and have a passion for writing. I'm into indie music. Also my favorite book is The Count of Monte Cristo. I speak German.

Hi, I'm Mike and I am looking to add a Pen Pal to my stable of 5 pen pals that I already have. I am not able to work which leaves me enough time to answer these letters. Currently, my PenPals are in the USA, Canada and the UK.....A really nice spread and we all enjoy each other. I was just thinking that it would be nice to add just 1 more to the list :-)

Check out my Bio page here at FPN and make yer decision, please no fly by nights! If your a down to earth good natured person, and like using all your different pens and colored inks when you write we will get along just fine.......

Talk to ya soon?Mike

I would like to make a suggestion if I may:

When writing to a new pen pal for the first time, please make extra sure that your address is written clearly for them to respond to.

This is especially true when it is from an overseas / out of country person as it is easy to mistake a 1 for a l or an L etc, also street names and so on, just take that extra care with your return address Please!

Thank you!

When writing to a new pen pal for the first time, please make extra sure that your address is written clearly for them to respond to.

This is especially true when it is from an overseas / out of country person as it is easy to mistake a 1 for a l or an L etc, also street names and so on, just take that extra care with your return address Please!

Thank you!

Even better, if your handwriting is a bit wonky, is an address label you can stick on the envelope. I have had the experience where I could not exactly decipher the recipients last name.

The RavenLunatic

Semper insanit omnes tempore.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I too am interested in "snailing."

My name is Brian. I'm 39, from Livonia, MI. and have quite a bit of time on my hands as of late. To make a long story short, I sustained permanent damage to my ears while at my place of employment and have been diagnosed with severe Tinnitus (constant ringing in the ears) and Hyperacusis (extreme hypersensitivity to sound). As a result, I need to wear pretty restrictive hearing protection which is rather limiting in social situations. All of this to say that some new ongoing correspondence would be warmly welcomed.

Before I am anything, I am a very devout Christian. I'm a Gentile, but I attend a Messianic Jewish congregation. I've worked with wood most of my life and am re-learning the skills that I had with power tools by now using only traditional hand tools. I enjoy studying scripture, reading old books (the older the better), old films, antiques, early american history, camping, hiking and many more things of similar nature. More recently, I have started to learn about antique pocket watch repair and the art of letter writing. I've become very disenchanted with our culture over the years and have been finding quite a bit of solace in Victorian era literature and etiquette study.

I hope this has provided enough of an intro and I hope to have the opportunity to correspond with you.

Thank you!

Even better, if your handwriting is a bit wonky, is an address label you can stick on the envelope. I have had the experience where I could not exactly decipher the recipients last name.

Very good suggestions to make all address info clear - essential! However, it's worth noting that a last name is not required for delivery of a letter in the USA.

I’d love to find someone to write to!

I’m 31, female, living just outside Wimbledon with my lovely man and our two renegade felines. I study part-time, just finished a Latin course with the Open University and I’m starting a Philosophy course at Birkbeck in the autumn.

I like (in no particular order) perfumes, baking cakes, murder mysteries, books (mmmmmmm, Folio Society editions…), music (the list is long and varied), fancy schmancy teas, pondering life and the oddities that surround us. I exercise to keep my body fit and study to keep my mind active. Boredom is anathema to me and a short route to the blues!

I’m not much of a social butterfly, my partner and I tend to keep our own company in the evenings. We like films (Melancholia is a recent favourite), comedy (Ed Reardon’s Week, Jeremy Hardy Speaks to the Nation, Thick of It, Father Ted to name but a few) and board games (Settlers of Catan etc. rather than Monopoly). No television in this house, I boycotted the TV Licence years ago and after BBC lost the rights to Formula 1 my partner followed suit. He still hasn’t forgiven them. ;)

As far as pens and ink go, I’m afraid I’m not terribly adventurous. I use my beloved Rohrer & Klingner Scabiosa for everything, always in a Cross Century II 18k F nib. If you’re looking for someone who can write to you in a myriad of inks and nibs you probably won’t want to correspond with me!

I have a smattering of Italian and wouldn’t be averse to trying to correspond in Italian if that’s of interest to you.

If you’d like to get in touch, you can PM me, I'd love to hear from you.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

What a coincidence. I too live just outside Wimbledon. I think a penpal who lives just round the corner might be a little extreme but good luck with finding someone.

What a coincidence. I too live just outside Wimbledon. I think a penpal who lives just round the corner might be a little extreme but good luck with finding someone.

:D Lol. I faced a similar dilemma when considering whether or not I should PM someone living in London who was looking for a penpal. I decided not to and I'm sure they've had plenty of other PMs from people all over the globe by now!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png