Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

I love getting handwritten snail mail. I write family/friends back home all the time, so I say the more the merrier!

Innocuous Bio:

Untethered, middle child, and a Virgo (September).

I have a law degree, a pathological fear of possums, and an expensive addiction to hair care products.

I grew up in Southern California but now live with three lovely cats in New England USA.

I'm an executive with a consulting company.

Edited by girlieg33k

Talking about fountain pens is like dancing about architecture.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I looked through the list... saw a lot of people that would be interesting to write to....... but.....wellllll... I didn't want to just type/write...... hey... you wanna write......eeergh... maybe I'm too shy... or don't wanna be intrusive...... wotever.......

Sorry, just didn't sound right to do.....

SO... I will just see if anyone wants to exchange letters..... Not that anyone can read my handwritting... I'm playing Pyrate... so I'm trying to learn how to wriite in a 1715 ish round hand.... and .... dang those s's looks so much like f's..........

I just wanna play wit' me writting....and... well and write to someone.......

I'll tell ye 'bout me beng a Pyrate if ye tell me 'bout wot ye be doin' ...................

(OH yah... an spelling be optional.....)

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I didn't put too much of an intro up, so here goes:

I've been snailing for a while now, and it's fun! I've been into fountain pens for about a year now. I love reading (the Bible, fantasy, sci fi) and designing my own stationery. My handwriting isn't THAT good, but i hope you can decipher it. :eureka: I love writing letters, and in my journal.

Oh yes, i live in New England. :rolleyes:

I'm a Christian. I hope that's not a problem. It's not supposed to be.

I'll answer all letters as soon as possible. Sometimes i'm busy and I'll take some time to reply but i'll let you know if your letter is going to be late. (but sometimes i don't have internet connect either, sorry :blink: ) I like writing long letters but sometimes i'll settle for a short one. Currently i can only take penpals from USA, sorry about that, too.

God bless, and happy snailing!

Slush

PS: as you can see from the avatar, i love music.

Edited by Slush99

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.

Begun, the Spam Wars Have.

How to Be a Perfect Lady: according to the media - a satire

The Adventures of Chewie

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

My life has been chaotic but things are settling down. I am moving to 66% at work and that will give me time to write. If you would like to hear from a frumpy old dowager who has only a middling hand at best (no pun intended) send me an email with your snail address. I typically won't answer emails. I'll send you a winter card and a brief message to get started. If you have a pressing topic that you would like to discuss I will try to rise to the occasion.

Doulton

email:

destro@columbus.rr.com

or

tyler.1@osu.edu

"Tea cleared my head and left me with no misapprehensions".

The Duke of Wellington

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

I'd be glad to give this a shot. I like writing longhand more than typing anyway.

I live in Manitoba, have five children, direct a day care centre, review poetry regularly, and am interested people, politics, and even fountain pens.

Andrew

Yeah I would be happy to receive and send - love writing real writing and have appropriate obsession with pen and ink. Need to get into paper more.

Please PM me for info.

Regards

Zvi

Edited by Rabbi Zvi Solomons

Rabbi Zvi Solomons

If not now, when?

hi! chiming in for the snail mail a little late.

i'm maryanne moll, from the philippines, and i write for a living. my training is really in fiction, but i write non-fiction on commission, although my first two books are collections of my essays and not commissioned.

my pet topic is physics. if i didn't study creative writing, i would be studying physics. there's something marvelous about learning about what brian greene calls the fabric of the cosmos, and because of the reading that i do on physics, i know i will never take my world for granted again.

This was such a great idea! Kudos to those who thought of it. Count me in. I have been writing to penpals for the past 4 years after I found International Penfriends (www.ipf.net.au) on the internet. They connect you with people all over the world that want to have snailmail penpals. I have corresponded with some fantastic people through them. I enjoy writing longhand and I am constantly trying to improve my penmanship. I would love to hear from anyone inside or outside the U.S. And if you are from the Faroe Islands I am especially interested in writing to you. I speak and write Spanish fairly well, so I'll also write in Spanish if you want. I am very interested in fountain pens and quality writing paper. I wish I could afford more. I am 37 years old, married with five kids. It's chaotic, but I'll be sure to write you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Jason Partridge

[img=http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png][img=http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I'm Jim. I live on the coast in sunny New South Wales , Australia.

I'd be happy to hear from anyone who shares an interest in pens especially vintage ones. I also like cycling and study Japanese and whole lot of other stuff but I will save that for the letters.

Hope to hear from you.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this link, count me in. For anyone that's interested:

My name is Dean and I am just finishing my family medicine residency in Toledo, Ohio. I've recently signed a contract and will be starting up a practice in Findlay, Ohio (small town, about 40,000). I'm married and have a 4 year old and a 6 week old... both boys. My wife is finishing pharmacy school this year as well. I first became interested in fountain pens when I noticed some of my attendings carrying them around. I purchased my first pen (a waterman phileas) about a year ago and have been hooked ever since. I now have about 10 fountain pens and love them all. I'm just starting to get into ink and haven't made it to the paper obsession yet. I'd be happy to write to anyone whose interested.

Dean

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded how much he had learned in the last seven years.

--Mark Twain

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there. My name is Chris. I'm in the UK. I live with my puss cat Ruprekt. I have 4 pen-pals dotted about the world, but have room for a couple more.

If you'd like to snail with me, then please drop me a PM.

Quick Bio

male

gay

fountain pens

snail mail

LOST

pizza

Bowie - Rolling Stones, Jazz

gym

I'm not that limited. I'm sure there must be a little bit more to me but I hate talking about myself. ;)

I am standing, foot in hand, talking to my wall, I'm not quite right at all...am I?

Please sign my Guestbook

It's great to see all the people who want to actually use the pens they are collecting :lol:

As well I am open to new correspondence so take a look at my 'bio', it's the first on the list ;)

Ta,

Kurt H

• 3 weeks later...

Well, ishimaru is not my real name, it's actually Richard... :huh:

I would love to write more. It's a kind of new year resolution thing, so I'm writing hand-written letters to people, and would love to add more to my list. It'll be great to hear from you.

Have a look at my profile, PM me or email me and we'll hook up... :D

"The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pens: Parker Jotter (black), Parker Frontier (M), Rotring Core Balium (XL), Sheaffer Prelude (M)

Inks: Yard-O-Led Blue/Black, Parker Quink Black and a vintage Quink Blue

Next pen: Varuna (Kavi, Rajan or Gajendra)...

• 1 month later...

Hi. Last time I made a request I got three new pen pals - all is good! I would like a couple more cuz I just love using my pens and adore reading all about people and their lives.

a few bits and bobs

My name is Chris which is short for Christopher.

Gay male of the species.

I live in the UK, West Yorkshire, Wakefield (Wakefield is not a suburb of Leeds)

I have a puss cat called Ruprekt who is very special to me.

I like to read, watch TV, cinema, films on DVD, PC games like SIMS 2 and Myst

I visit the gym almost daily.

In my letters, I write about anything, everything and nothing. There's no set agenda on what to write about - just life's comings and goings.

If you'd like to write to me, then please send me a private message and I'll get back to you.

tongue.gif <<silly smiley face

I am standing, foot in hand, talking to my wall, I'm not quite right at all...am I?

Please sign my Guestbook

I'm surprised I haven't found this thread. I would love to exchange paper letters with oddball idealists, artists, poets, erudites, young aspirants of diligence and intellectualism, musicians, dandies, biologists, bicyclists...

I'm 26, male, vegan, car-free, countercultural, striving for a Ph.D. in microbiology/photosynthesis/renewable fuels, trying very hard to avoid spending money. Wow, there's so much more to say about who I am but hopefully I should have scared away the dullards and enticed the rest to write to me to find out more.

Don't be shy, but don't be boring. Unless your handwriting is breathtaking, then you can be as boring as you please.

I don't like blue ink, but I love the people that are obsessed with blue inks, and can rattle on about all the nuances. I'd love to find the people that are that involved in other shades of colors (like the purplaholics). I don't think I've ever used my Noodler's Black straight-up; we have Walnut for those sorts of things.

(I'd especially love to see your ink mixes; I can show you my own Unsulphured Apricot, Glacier Royale, and Sequoia Grey mixes!)

Cheers.

(Edit: as of April 6th, one person has responded. I'm writing this (and will edit it as more people respond) only because my new writing pal initially thought I would have had too many responses, but in fact that was my first request. So again, don't be shy!)

Edited by Melnicki

Click for Ink Scans!!

WTB: (Blemished OK)

CdA Dunas // Stipulas! (esp w/ Titanio nib) // Edison Pearl

HI,

I would very much like to participate in this Snail Mail list. Recently, I have noticed much of the expression that I once was able to convey through the written word is/has been missing in Electronic format and I really miss slowing down and taking the time to think, write.

My interests are Photography, pen and ink drawing, watercolors, flute playing, Shakuhachi playing, writing Japanese calligraphy, writing in general, such as short stories and poetry, paper making, Classical Music, Pens and drawing materials, Zen. I have others but this should be enough to give a broad cross section of my interests. rolleyes.gif

This thread is such a great idea! Thanks to those that came up with the idea. I would love to exchange letters with anyone that would like to.

Stew

Edited by Stewart

I think one's art goes as far and as deep as one's love goes.

Andrew Wyeth

Obviously getting in late to the game, but..

I just found this forum and this thread and would love to start a "snail mail" correspondence. I am 35 years old, male and live in Indiana, USA. I am married with 3 kids. I enjoy PC games, photography, vintage fountain pens, movies, etc. I was recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and have begun exercising regularly and dieting and have lost 50lbs since Nov 1. Please PM if you are interested in a pen pal.

Thanks

Lestat aka Jeff

QUOTE (lestat_de_leon @ Mar 17 2007, 09:22 PM)
Obviously getting in late to the game, but..

I just found this forum and this thread and would love to start a "snail mail" correspondence. I am 35 years old, male and live in Indiana, USA. I am married with 3 kids. I enjoy PC games, photography, vintage fountain pens, movies, etc. I was recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and have begun exercising regularly and dieting and have lost 50lbs since Nov 1. Please PM if you are interested in a pen pal.

Thanks
Lestat aka Jeff

Welcome! Interesting username. I just sold all of my Anne books but living near New Orleans have seen some of the locations.

kurt

Hi, I rarely get any mail that isn't a bill so it would be nice to see a handwritten letter! I also need more of an excuse to use my pens, so I'll be putting pen to paper too

I'm a journalist, married, living on edge of Lake District in UK.

I have kitten mind, (husband says) and my interests flit around regularly, but my constants are my cats, my pens, my music (listening, not playing) planning holidays, and a good wine (but trying to cut back).

Often been said I'm a total control freak, referred to as Monica by many of my friends (Friends fans will know why) but really, I'm not a bad old stick.

When it comes to pens, vintage is my weapon of choice, but I have no particular brand allegiance. I like to use em, too, not just look at them, so they're all working models.

Read, and watch, mostly detective/forensic type stuff, Kathy Reichs, Karin Slaughter, Patricia Cornwell, CSI, Criminal Minds, Cold Case.

Help me use my pens!

We can sail safely inside the harbour but that is not what ships were built for - anon

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I am posting rather late to this, but I would be willing to exchange letters also, please mind you my handwriting is not the best...lol.

I am an engineer in Suffolk, England, enjoy fountain pens, reading, hiking, and even a little gliding. Firearms used to be a joy, but have had to leave my joy behind in the USA. Cheers.

We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

Winston Churchill

Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.

Winston Churchill