Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

Most of my friends correspond with e-mail, and I like writing with a fountain or dip pen on good paper.

A full-time writer for twenty years, I enjoy letters about books, sailing, whitewater boating, solar power designs, gardening, cooking, tramping, and travel. I've got degrees in literature and linguistics and am working on a second grad degree in geomorphology: flowing water and landforms.

I'm just starting Herodotus' Histories and am especially looking for someone who's reading it for the first time or is a devoted re-reader.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Bradley A

I am enjoying the postcard exchange very much, I want to branch and have pen pals too. I am 57 years young, out to pasture with SS disablity.

I collect both modern and vintage fountain pens mainly Waterman and Sheaffers. I also collect vintage postcards and vintage Gillette Safety Razors. My wife and I enjoy Bird Watching and community service work. I am from Fort Smith AR, via the Chicago area. Anyone interested pm.

Regards

God is my Strength.

Brad http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.pnghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

Hi

I am going to throw my hat back into the ring. I have had some fall off in the past few months.

If you are a penpal of mine and haven't heard from me in awhile lmk. I have a new mailman and there seems to be a few problems.

Here is a brief bio

OK I little about me I am working on my D. Litt. at Drew University. I love fountain pens (that's a given), bookbinding, reading, painting, (encaustics but I don't get to do that often)photography, music, cooking,etc... ask and I'll answer. I have 2 dogs Zak and Soda.

Take Care

L

Email me for an updated list of ink for trade or if you want to exchange letters

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5673/inkdz2.png

Sounds like fun! Count me in!

I'm 32, a total dilettante, business owner, PhD candidate (rhetoric & technical communication, focusing on urban studies and communication, biophilic design, etc.), cyclist, kayaker, nordic skiier, short-wave radio fan, astronomy buff... you get the idea. Anyone else care to nerd out for a bit?

Edited by KeweenawArchive

Keep up with everything going on in our shop and our region! News and other stuff on our Facebook page.

Sounds like a good time, I love writing letters, and I have time to kill. :) I'm a 33-year-old system administrator, married, father of two wonderful kids. I'm just about the biggest geek you're likely to meet. Going back to school for a history degree, no idea what I'm going to do with it. I just started working second shift, so I have plenty of time to write. I look forward to hearing from folks!

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

I would love a pen pal or 5 :)

Name is Gabriel, I am 32 and live in eastern North Carolina. You can read more if you like under "About Me" in my profile.

Be not the slave of your own past. Plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience that shall explain and overlook the old. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well, having found time again to write in my journals, and send some postcards, I think its time to finally jump in for some letter writing.

Gary.

And, I think It'll be good to stop at the exchanges i have already... don't want too many and get lost/bogged down on writing.

Thanks,

G.

Gary Blessing

Just another Traditional Country Boy

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange_sm.png

*waves*

cbuca, real name Catherine.

Totally new (but hooked) to FPs, and new(ish) to FPN. So far I have 2 Lamy Safaris, 1 Lamy Al-Star, and 2 Lamy 2000s. There seems to be a pattern emerging here.

About me: I'm 32 (how did that happen?), I'm in the UK, but am happy to post abroad. My main hobby is photography (hence my avatar), digital, analogue, lo-fi, digitally manipulated, I love it all. I'm a postgraduate student just finishing off my MRes (Masters in Research) in American Lit, and have a place to start my PhD this September (I'll be researching 'post-black' writing). I'm a lefty – and I don't mean in terms of handwriting – so while I don't harp on about politics all the time, if it's something that's likely to rile you up you should be forewarned (or perhaps it'd add a bit of fire to the letters ha!).

I'm quite down-to-earth, tend to speak my mind, and, as my experiences writing to a friend have taught me, can occasionally have a rather quirky writing style (I recently sent him a letter that just consisted of some random thoughts on writing – no pleasantries, no 'how are you', 'this is what I've been doing', etc. Other letters have been sent in the style of Jane Austen.). Other times my letters can be downright bog-standard, if somewhat rambling (like this post). Most of my letters are written on normal A4 lined jotter paper, but I'm eager to experiment with customising envelopes and letters with cut-outs and the like.

Having a penpal (or several) would for me be less about showcasing my penmanship or inks, and more about communicating with people in a way that, as a person who spends far too much time online, I rarely get a chance to. It would be an opportunity to get to know people from different areas (perhaps different countries), with similar or different interests.

I'm quite excited :)

Edited by cbuca
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

I would like to add my name to this interesting list.

I will write to any who would like to write to Australia.

Please see the 'About me' on my profile.

I have wide interests, originally in science (eg astronomy)

and literature, but extending to culture in general and woodwork.

The world is a beautiful place generally and I am ahalf-full sort of person.

I can guarantee a range of inks and papers and some intersting thoughhts.

Send me a personal mesage and communication can begin!

*waves*

<snip>

I can't find a way to edit my previous post, so quoting to say I've received lots of requests and I think I'd better bow out for the moment before I take on too many!

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

Okay, this sounds interesting, so I'm going to throw my hat in the ring!

Interests: Reading, mostly. Pretty much only do non-fiction history related... right now I'm stuck on Jack the Ripper, but also read voraciously on the Holocaust. Happy topics all around. Current events interest me, too.

Short Bio: Married, no kids, 1 dog.

I guess if anyone is interested, PM me for my address. I assume that's how this works, anyway! :)

Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THoFdqPGYOI/AAAAAAAAA1w/gmV637q-HZA/s320/InkDropLogoFPN.jpg

I think this is an appropriate place to post this. My nephew is now serving a second tour in Afghanistan. He posted a note on his Facebook page that he is lonely, disappointed and generally in need of encouragement. If you would like to use your fountain pens, inks and paper for a great use, please consider dropping him a kind note. As a veteran, I can attest to how much mail does to lift moral and brighten a day for someone serving their country far away. If you are interested, please PM me and I will provide his name and address. Thanks! /Craig

A consumer and purveyor of words.

Co-editor and writer for Faith On Every Corner Magazine

Magazine - http://www.faithoneverycorner.com/magazine.html

I think this is an appropriate place to post this. My nephew is now serving a second tour in Afghanistan. He posted a note on his Facebook page that he is lonely, disappointed and generally in need of encouragement. If you would like to use your fountain pens, inks and paper for a great use, please consider dropping him a kind note. As a veteran, I can attest to how much mail does to lift moral and brighten a day for someone serving their country far away. If you are interested, please PM me and I will provide his name and address. Thanks! /Craig

how old is your nephew out of curiousity? Depending on how old he is I would be willing to write to him :)

how old is your nephew out of curiousity? Depending on how old he is I would be willing to write to him :)

Shawn is 23 years old and married. He would love to receive mail that would relieve the boredom and stress that alternates in a combat zone. I suggest just a friendly letter with general news and discussion points. If interested, please let me know and I will PM his address. Thanks, Craig

Shawn is 23 years old and married. He would love to receive mail that would relieve the boredom and stress that alternates in a combat zone. I suggest just a friendly letter with general news and discussion points. If interested, please let me know and I will PM his address. Thanks, Craig

I am interested :)

I am interested :)

PM sent. Thank you so much. /Craig

I love getting mail! Unfortunately, all I seem to get anymore is bills. So I'll put forth my name in the hopes of getting some mail from the far reaches of the world that I just can't seem to get to (monetary issues, as per usual), and perhaps some nearby as well!

I've only recently discovered fountain pens. Now that I have, I seem to be voraciously gobbling up all the information that I can. I purchased many samples of ink from Pear Tree Pen Co., received some great pens from wonderful folks here to learn with, and have been getting my family members excited and obsessed as well. As for myself, I'm 24, and a college student. That will not likely change in the foreseeable future, as I'm an Anthropology major, and to make ANY sort of progress in the field, I have to have a doctorate. So, I'm working on that. I'm also minoring in Linguistics (historical, old english mostly) and Creative Writing. I've worked at a local theatre for the past 10 years, doing costumes and tickets and all of that. I am also a copy editor for my university's newspaper. I really enjoy writing, and my ultimate goal is to BE a writer, but I'm realistic enough to get that the odds aren't great. Won't deter me from trying my best, of course. I love music, from indie to big band jazz to broadway to classic rock. I bow in awe to the genius of Ray Bradbury and Neil Gaiman. I enjoy nothing more than passing an overcast day in a comfy armchair, with a well-written novel and a big, steaming cup of Earl Grey. I also have an undying, insatiable love for sunflower seeds.

So, if you're interested in exchanging mail, PM and let's get started!

P.S. The username is 'liv' because almost daily I get someone (typically a stranger) that asks me the question "Has anyone ever told you that you look like Liv Tyler?". Obviously the answer is yes, I hear it all the time. Flattering, and a little strange, but hey, pretty cool regardless.

"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." - E.H.

http://soundoftheanything.blogspot.com/

Patrick,

You can either put your name and if you like some info in this list (see historynerd for example a couple of posts above) or you go through this list (I'd suggest by working backwards from this page back) until you find someone who you'd like to correspond to and send them a PM.

Good luck and enjoy the world of snailmail.

Best regards

"I am what I am because of what I have been." (David McCallum)

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Patrick,

You can either put your name and if you like some info in this list (see historynerd for example a couple of posts above) or you go through this list (I'd suggest by working backwards from this page back) until you find someone who you'd like to correspond to and send them a PM.

Good luck and enjoy the world of snailmail.

Best regards

Thanks. I would like to be added to the lsit as well. I won't be able to write to everyone but one or two people to exchange letters would be nice at the start.

A little about me:

I grew up in Mauritius (Indian Ocean) and move to Canada in 2001. I work full-time and study part-time and have a baby girl. I speak both English and French fluently.