Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

My name is Kristin, I live in Southern California, and I'm twenty--and a college student.

As it were, my love of Moleskine notebooks lead me down the slippery slope to fountain pens--and through an internet search, I stumbled across FPN. I love to write anyways, and I'm an English major who loves to jot down story ideas in her spare time. I have a love of perfume oils, fashion, novels (particularly romances or books of the supernatural sort, though I love a good historical as well), and video games. My taste in music ranges from Alternative to Country and almost everything in between; when writing, I find that classical works best. I used to play the flute, learned to play a bit of piano, and really wish I would've learned how to play the violin.

I'd love to change my writing style a tad, but it is what it is--and it's tiny, that's what it is. Anyways, I'm always looking for new people to write to--though I tend to ramble until I fill up a page--and if you'd like to exchange letters, please feel free to drop this fountain pen newbie a PM.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since I rediscovered FPs, I have been participating in the postcard exchange. I found that I enjoy that more than I ever thought I would. So, I thought I'd like to try and find a penpal or two and exchange letters.

I am a 50 year old mainframe programmer. I live in upstate South Carolina, near Charlotte, NC with my wife. In my spare time, I like to read westerns, crime novels (Elmore Leonard is a favorite), and whatever else that I come across that catches my interest. I like to watch all sorts of movies. I listen to all sorts of music. I like to travel on my dual-sport motorcycle to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Smoky Mountains, occassionally doing some camping.

PM me, if you'd like to exchange letters.

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad67/peshealy/postminipo0.png

I'll throw my name into the hat for this - I have a couple of penpals already, and wouldn't mind a couple more, especially if they're pen folk.

I'll be 23 in just over a week's time, I'm currently an MA student studying English Literature of the poetry variety. I live in the North-East of England. When I'm not either on here or buried under my usually immense pile of reading, I'm generally with my animals (ponies, a dog, cats, rats, rabbits, a guinea pig, a very elderly hamster, two aquaria).

I read most things, particularly poetry (obviously) and historical fiction in my 'time off' and like to write appalling fiction for my own pleasure (it certainly wouldn't bring pleasure to anyone else, but I enjoy it). I'll watch most films (although I tend not to) and can appreciate most music, I think.

Feel free to PM if I sound remotely interesting.

<font size="1">Inked: Pelikan 400nn, Pilot VP, Pelikan M400, Pelikan M200, Pelikan 400, Pelikan M101n, Esterbrook SJ<br> | <a href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/27410410@N05/>Flickr</a> <br></font>

My name is Eslem and I’m from Mexico, 19 years old and studying Electronic Engineer. I started with the FP like 5 months ago and discover the FPN when I was looking a converter for my Safari, guess I found an excellent and interesting site. I love to read best sellers and old classics, some books calculus and sometimes philosophy but not too much it can be a little snobby and existentialist. I play the guitar, but only acoustic, I prefer a good and elaborated song with an acoustic guitar than a rock song. I like Jazz, Blues, Tango, Caribbean music, a little indie, rock, and well any kind of music.

I want to learn a lot of languages like French, Italian, German, a better English, Portuguese, Swahili and a lot more, including olds languages of my country (I have the opportunity once to learn a little of "Huasteco" but the kid that suppose to teach me was very shy and I never could learn).

And I like to write, sometimes about life, politics, social stuff of my country and I have some drafts of tales and little novels, actually I wrote a monolog named "Anuncios de Neón"... translation "Neon Signs", but it's only in Spanish. If you want you could download it from my blog http://absintwriter.blogspot.com but again, it’s all in Spanish.

Ok I extend my bio a little bit, if someone it's interested in exchange mail send a PM.

Hello,

My name is Kame and I live in Indonesia where the sun shines at it's best all year long.

I'm a 25, female and have a degree on Japanese literature. I love books, paper and pen, but I have the "oooh, what is this?" tendency, so pretty much anything can spark my interest.

And I would really love to have penpals who love pens too. :)

Count me in please!

I live in Hong Kong and I'm a secondary school student.

I'm trying to imitate some beautiful handwriting (I'm trying to write copperplate) but my Pilot fountain pen (FNYR-300R my first and the only pen) isn't flexible enough. Anyway, I have been impressed by the world of fountain pen and calligraphy and I bring my pen to my school every day and often use it.

I hope I can receive some snail mail from other places of the world!

Tianna

rtianna@gmail.com

Hope this is enough

I'm a bit of a wisp of snipe, A pandemonium of parrots, a drove of bullocks and a touch of charm of finches all rolled into one.

Ciao for now

Tianna

OK let's try this again,

Hi my name is Rosilynnviola Tianna Lawrence, hence why I prefer R. Tianna or just Tianna. Yeah I got 13 letters for a first name and between sister Mary-Margaret and Mrs Whitmarsh I hated my name. At first opportunity I ditched used and demanded everyone use my middle name. (hope this clears up some confusion.

I'm a 40 something from Long Island New York. I'm a military brat who's lived around. I went back to Scotland for my LLB in Oil & Petrol Law. After 10 years went back to my third love - Golf. I was a public golf course asst manager for more than a decade. My Dad became very ill suddenly & after his recovery I went back corporate only to lose my job 6 months later.

I used to collect postcards and foreign letters so I've had a love of quills and fountain pens since I was a little girl. I had a Mont Blanc from my grandfather which was stolen last year. I've replaced it with a Noblesse. I have a Phineas Waterman & 3 Harley Watermans (I don't own a Harley yet on my Bucket list but I have several friends who I love to ride behind, although as they fall to the parsons trap they've given up their bikes)crybaby.gif

I cook to relax, read to keep my mind stimulated. If I don't know something I like to research to find out more. I love music Vinyl lp's 45's 12" 78's new media (80 G ipod) Cameras Nikon esp just upgraded my SLR for a digital Nikon. I run track again LITF masters division. I've never married still looking and promise to write.

I need to edit myself more. I use too many words for a few thoughtsdoh.gif

I'm a bit of a wisp of snipe, A pandemonium of parrots, a drove of bullocks and a touch of charm of finches all rolled into one.

Ciao for now

Tianna

Count me in. I love computers, guns, and pens of course.

The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it but the way those atoms are put together.

Carl Sagan

My name is Natalia. I'm 30, I'm an actuary, and a big fan of paper correspondence. I read quite a bit (~100 books a year - a lot of mysteries, as well as literary fiction and pop nonfiction), am heavily involved with community service, love to knit, dance, and geek out on nerdy things. I try to respond to any letter I receive within a couple of weeks.

I'm looking for pen friends outside of the US. (I have a whole pane of international stamps burning a hole in my planner!)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I'm Steven, and I live in New England currently. I like to read, play guitar, write, ski, and juggle. I'd like to write with anyone, although some international people would be pretty cool, as I collect postage stamps. I love snow, and photography as well.

Hopefully I'll hear from some of you!

I love this idea. My name is Ashley. PM me if you want, I really enjoy writing letters more than e-mailing.

Ok, I am game for this.

I am male, 38 years old, married with 2 kids. I live in the midwest US and I haven't handwritten a letter to anyone in over 20 years. My interests and hobbies include boardgaming, collecting shaving supplies, fishing, heavy metal music and now it appears that fountain pens are on my list. I would like letters from men or women, here in the US or overseas, it really doesn't matter. Age is not an issue either. At least to start off with my letters will be written on regular plain old paper, I have not yet given in to Paper Acquisition Disorder, although I am sure it will eventually strike.

There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

At least to start off with my letters will be written on regular plain old paper, I have not yet given in to Paper Acquisition Disorder, although I am sure it will eventually strike.

P.A.D.! I love this. I myself am infected beyond any help. Save yourself while you still can!

P.A.D.! I love this. I myself am infected beyond any help. Save yourself while you still can!

It never fails, I get interested in something new and BOOM!, there is something that goes along with it that I need to buy. Sometimes I think that ignorance truly is bliss. Just a year ago I was perfectly happy and didn't have a clue about how nice fountain pens were to write with, and I gave very little thought to the paper I used. Now I see things I wouldn't have looked at twice and say, "Hmm, I need that." My wife threatened me with a no more hobbies ultimatum because my hobbies always end up expensive. I pointed out her scrapbooking room and she had no more to say on the subject. :thumbup:

There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

The scrapbooking defense, love it! My girlfriend is an avid scrapbooker. Although the pull that defense has is waining now that I've taught her how to use Photoshop... I suppose $11.00 per 12x12 page isn't enough I can scoff at...

I'm game for physical correspondence. I am a 25 year old IT professional who has been collecting fountain pens for some 15 years now. The last time I wrote a physical letter was...... um.... let's see... Well, I mean I'm sure I must have at some point... Ah yes, I think I was about 12, it was a letter to a girl I met while on holiday in Santa Cruz... She came down with mono and we never wrote after that.

My interests: Fountain Pens(did I need to add that?) Scotch, Woodworking, Jazz, Audio Recording, Technology, and Photography

Currently Inked:

Montegrappa Extra 1930 Shiny Lines "Dove" L.E. (05/80) - Montblanc Permanent Grey (90yr Anniversary)

Pineider Arco - Monteverde Scotch Brown

Montblanc Rouge et Noir - Montblanc Bleu Nuit

Montblanc Meisterstuck Ultra Black - Pilot Iroshizuku Take-Sumi

Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Age Maxi - J. Herbin Lie de Thé

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange_sm.png

My name's Leanne, I'm 26, and I live in Australia.

It's been a long time since I last wrote an actual letter, so I'll probably be a bit rusty to begin with. :)

I love pens, books, art, music, and movies that make you think. I can also be a bit of a gaming nerd as well, but my obsession with fountain pens and ink now gets most of my spare cash.

I only started buying fountain pens about 18 months ago, and like everyone else I find it to be an addictive hobby.

I work for a music/entertainment magazine - I'm in administration but I have also written a few reviews. So it's not the average boring desk job!

It would be great to get to know some of the members here, so PM me if you're interested.

The scrapbooking defense, love it! My girlfriend is an avid scrapbooker. Although the pull that defense has is waining now that I've taught her how to use Photoshop... I suppose $11.00 per 12x12 page isn't enough I can scoff at...

I'm game for physical correspondence. I am a 25 year old IT professional who has been collecting fountain pens for some 15 years now. The last time I wrote a physical letter was...... um.... let's see... Well, I mean I'm sure I must have at some point... Ah yes, I think I was about 12, it was a letter to a girl I met while on holiday in Santa Cruz... She came down with mono and we never wrote after that.

My interests: Fountain Pens(did I need to add that?) Scotch, Woodworking, Jazz, Audio Recording, Technology, and Photography

Ciao for now

Tianna

I'm Chris Chan. I'm seventeen and a senior in high school; I'll be attending Kettering University for computer science and/or electrical engineering this coming year.

I'm in Schola Cantorum (auditioned choir, accompanied and a cappella) and FIRST Robotics at my school. I'm also a Linux/Mac OS user and computer keyboard enthusiast.

I'm a lefty underwriter.

If any one would like to write me, just message me and I'll give out my address.