Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

Greetings!

My name is Paul and I'm an eighteen-year-old pupil from Nuremberg, Germany. I'm interested in many different topics like philosophy, history,

books, technology, theoretical math and physics ( as I'm rather bad in calculations), science-fiction and fantasy (especially "The Lord of the

Rings").I like drawing and painting, classical music ( latin choirs, marches... Mozart, Vivaldi...)

I will not dare to call my handwriting pretty or even legible (my classmates say it was beautiful but not illegible) but it isn't THAT bad, either

Nonetheless: "de gustibus non est disputandum" as the romans said.

Due to school (last class before exams) I probably won't be able to write long answers, but I will do my best.

Please write me, my address is: Germany, Nuernberg 90480, Sep-Ruf-str. 9 Walter.

looking forward for your letter!

Sincerely yours Paul

Si vis pacem, para bellum.http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have wanted to join this list for some time. I am an almost 50 year old male from London, Canada. I am active in our local pen club, collect primarily modern but also have a growing vintage collection. I am happy to write to anyone who would like to share a note. If you collect stamps, let me know what kind/type and I will see if I can oblige as well.

MikeW

"In the land of fountain pens, the one with the sweetest nib reigns supreme!"

Check out the London Pen Club.

I would love to get snails!!!

My name is Donald Allen Lee III, and I am an International Baccalaureate student at Hampton High School, in Hampton Virginia. I first became interested in fountain pens in the eighth grade (two years ago), and my first fountain pen was a very scratchy Lamy Al-star (I though it was smooth compared to my ballpoints haha!), but then I went all out an bought the Lamy 2000. I have expanded my collection to over twenty pens. I am also a classically trained pianist, and a Gospel "Keyz" musician. I am African-American, and generally enjoy the finer things in life.

I look forward to receiving letters from somebody!

Hey there everyone, I would love to start exchanging letters with people from all over. I currently am part of the postcard exchange but find that a) there is just not enought room to write much

and

B) they really dont hold the FP's ink very well.

so pm me your address and I will get a letter out today!

take care and happy writing..

Hdubious76

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I would like to be considered for the letter exchange.

Im a 31 year old male. Im a new ICU nurse, having practiced in the ER for over eight years. I did travel nursing, living in NYC for the last three years. Im currently back home in Texas. I love the New York Yankees, and im a fan of music. Like most people here on the forums, im a fan of traditional things. I am a wet shaver, using a straight razor. I enjoy all types of music. Well..hope to hear from someone :)

In order to appreciate the sweet, you must truly taste the bitter....

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I'd like to join in, if anyone's interested.

I'm a (generally happy) 27 year-old male mechanic in Texas. I'm a volunteer EMT, a former volunteer firefighter, and a Christian. Yes, those three go hand-in-hand more than you know. I thought I'd put it out there as it's bound to come up at some point, although I'm no evangelist. I love music, and listen to a little bit of everything at one time or another. I prefer blues and 60's-70's rock, and don't do rap. Hunting, archery, rifle shooting, and almost everything else that goes with living in Texas, along with a healthy interest in WWII and American history.

Drop me a line. :)

FWJ

"It's all my fault: Must've did somebody wrong." - Elmore James

Hello! Please count me in :).

I reside in Malaysia.

Interested about many-many-many things, find out what by writing to me :P.

The quality of my handwriting fluctuates, unfortunately --- nice 1 letter, not-so-nice the next.

More info about me, I suppose you do have to write to me to know :).

Hi:

My name is John. I live in Canada (just on the outskirts of Toronto, Ontario). I'm 46 years old and I am a social worker at a hospital.

My wife and I are foster parents and we have 4 teen aged boys at home. We also have two dogs: a pug named Abigaile and a bulldog named Bentley.

I enjoy following sports, especially NFL football, basketball, and (of course) my beloved Toronto Maple Leafs.

I like all kinds of different music although I'm not too knowledgable about anything current. I also enjoy movies and talking about current events in the world.

I started buying fountain pens a couple of years ago and have accumulated a collection of about 80 pens- some vintage and some modern. Some of my pens work better than others...some of them don't work at all. I'd like to learn to restore and repair them at some point but I haven't had the time to sit down and figure out how to do this yet.

I'd love to talk to people who have similar interests/backgrounds or completely different interests/backgrounds. I think either would be fun and interesting.

Send me a pm if you'd like to correspond through the old fashioned snail mail.

John

Hi my name is Nikhil and I like pens, sports, tv. I would like to have a pen pal so I can use my pens more often and improve my handwriting

A Proud 14 Year Old Fountain Pen User!

What I want:[/color]

Aurora Talentum

Pilot Custom 823 Amber Bought on 4.1.10

Lamy 2000

Omas Paragon

Sailor Realo

Count me in too. I love mail!

I am 22, graduated from college in May with two BS degrees in biochemistry and molecular genetics. I snowboard, ride horses, and my other money-draining hobby is hi-fi audio. I should probably add that I'm female!

I'd be interested in corresponding with anybody the "old fashioned" way. I'm just getting into pens, stationery etc and I really want to write to someone! I need an excuse to buy some lovely papers.

HI everyone!

My name is Maritza (it rhymes with pizza) and I LOVE receiving and writing letters. I'm very open to who ever wishes to write to me. I'm in my third year of college and working on my BS for Psychology in order to do research. No, I don't do counseling but I hope to do forensic work in a couple of years as a supplement to Research.

I got some wonderful envelopes from Japan that I want to try out and I would like to find a use for the unopened packs of lovely paper I have sitting in my desk drawer collecting dust. I write as often as I can and send letters out to my friends and family in place of e-mail as much as I can. If you're interested in writing letters, please let me know! I hope to hear back from people who want to write and communicate in more personalized fashions AKA letter writing. I don't think its old-fashion but personalized. Before the telephone how else did we all communicate? :D

Every word written is a victory against death. -Michel Butor

(back after being away for a while)

Hello, I'm Eileen and I am 28 years old. I'm new to the FPN and am interested in finding fellow snail mailers! Right now I have two working fountain pens--a Cross one that was a gift to my then-boyfriend (now husband), but which bounced back to me; and a vintage Parker 88. I have loved vintage things for awhile now, and recently, I've acquired a cursive typewriter, lots of vintage Pyrex, and boxes (and oh so many boxes) of vintage stationery. I also have new stationery, cards, and interesting paper.

I enjoy writing letters and getting to know people through the written word. I like to turn off the tv, focus, and write down my thoughts exclusively for my recipient. And in turn, when I get their letter, I like knowing it was written just for me.

I also enjoy traveling, cooking, taking walks, watching movies, visiting New York (and other large cities), eating dark chocolate, and, lately, trying new (white) wines. I guess I'm trying to live the good life, haha. We have two adorable cats as well.

Hi, I'm David and I would like to rediscover the fun of writing and receiving letters the old-fashioned way.

I'm 41, married and father to a little daughter. Self-employed almost-designer living on the South coast of England. Iffy penmanship. Interested in art (esp. printmaking), literature, SF&F, philosophy, history, astronomy, some early music, and above all hearing from people living in other countries -- lives, family, stories, or anything else you'd like to share.

I will reply to any letters, though it might take me a few days if daughter or work are being demanding!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Edited by orangos

I'm in... my name is Rose (madamepurl). I love mail and would love to find some more snail mailers.

I'm fairly new to FPN, but I have a small but ever-growing collection of pens, ink, and paper. I have 6 Lamy's with various nibs, a Waterman Perspective and a Waterman Hemisphere. I'm 35, happily-married, no kids, but a menagerie of pets that keep me busy. I love meeting new people and learning new things. I work part-time to support my interests and hobbies, but I would rather be writing or crafting. I love to write short stories, poetry, and work on my journals. I'm also a lover of the fiber arts. I knit, spin my own yarns, and am learning to weave my own fabric. I also enjoy reading or listening to all types of books and seem to have an ever growing reading list.

Edited by madamepurl

~ Rose

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

Hi I'm Julie and I'm a fountain pen and FPN newbie. I would enjoy writing to a few snail mail pals. I've started out with a very modest collection of Lamy pens and J. Herbin inks.

I'm 45 with two grown boys, 3 cats and a husband. I love to cook, garden, sew, knit, spin (yarn), make soap, and am generally crafty. My favorite author is Tolkein and I'm especially fond of British mystery series on television.

I am also interested in writing letters. Please see my about me page. I do have the time to write and will write to people outside the U.S. Found this forum looking for information on a Scheaffer fountain pen. Love writing, hate typing!

Hi,

My daughter is looking for a pen pal and the times we are living in have made it a little harder to find a snail mail pen pal and have made me a lot more suspicious. What I am hoping is that some of the fine folks on here have a boy or girl around her age who would be interested in becoming her snail mail pen pal. I am hoping this will encourage her to improve her handwriting. If you have a child who might be interested please PM me as I do not want to post any personal info on an open topic. Here is some info on her:

She is 8, looking for pen pal 7 - 9. We live in Texas, but are from Louisiana. She likes to read and takes piano lessons and has joined a kids' running club. She is active in our church. She does well in school, making straight A's.

She would like a pen pal around her age, boy or girl. She would be thrilled to correspond with someone outside the US but is mainly looking for a good pen pal.

If you have a child or relative that would be interested, please let me know. Thanks.

Heath

Arguing with an engineer is a lot like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a while, you realize the pig likes it.

Geaux Tigers!

I hope this format is ok...

Name: Crim! Not really, but I'd prefer to see that over my real name =o

Nationality: I'm an American.

Current Location: China!

Favorite Inks: So far I've only bought Noodler's ink. It's cheaper than other foreign brands here, and in fact my supplier sells it at the same price listed on the Noodler's site. It's good quality stuff and affordable without counting the really really cheapy stuff (inks that cost like 50 cents) that'll probably eat a hole in my pen one day. I'm hoping to try some Pilot inks maybe Diamine as well. I think Marine Green might be my favorite at the moment.

Favorite Pens: Right now I have a Picasso something, Parker V88, Parker Esprit, Waterman Audace, 2 Lamy Safaris (B and 1.9mm), "M" Pilot Decimo, some Duke "Uranus" pens, a Crocodile Pen, a cheapy cheap Hero 616, and I think that's it. Of those I really like the Decimo and Esprit. The only thing I dislike about the Esprit is the grip... a little annoying at times! And how they don't have mini converters =(. My Picasso pen literally fell apart the other day... the V88 is awesome but somehow the cap is cracking. Writes wonderfully though. The Audace is nice, but the "F" is finer than I would expected... something I'm not use to. I really like the Lamy pens I have, but they're kinda bulky... and I think I'd like a "M" nib/smaller italic nib even more (plus the two colors, yellow and black, weren't as nice as they looked). The Crocodile pen is really good and would be my favorite, but it's a little scratchy and I think the converters made by that company are really cheap. They leak all over the inside of the pen. I just gave it a full clean though, so I'll give it another try...

Favorite Paper: Um, none at the moment. I've only ever written on standard "Mead" notebooks in the US, but that was with pencil/ballpoints. I've honestly never seen a fountain pen until I came to China. So I've only had Chinese paper to test it on... believe me it's cheap. I won't even wipe my butt with Chinese toilet paper. I buy baby wipes! But I've found some decent loose leaf. Sometimes things feather, but I like the brownish tone the paper has. One day I will buy a pad of Rhodia (maybe soon?) to see if there's really a big difference.

Why the interest?: Well there's a long story to it, but basically there was this Picasso pen I liked the looks of at a store near where I work. I eyed it a lot and one day I decided to buy it. I figured I would be breaking up with my (first/only) girlfriend soon and I knew it was going to be very hard on me for many reasons. We've been together for a long time, and we made this journey from our home countries to China together. She's the only person I've ever been close to other than my best friend in the US. I don't have many "me" friends here (all our friends are mutual) and my family is flakier than a perfectly baked apple pie. I was hoping that an expensive pen would give me a reason to write; both in a journal (a place where I can safely vent my feelings, cause god knows I screwed up trusting our mutual friends) and to my family/friends in the US.

Because of my nature I wanted to find out everything about the pen. I noticed this site linked many times when I did google searches and eventually became a member and was shown a whole new side of writing. What really, really convinced me to buy this pen though, was Noodler's Ottoman Azure, Tsuki-Yo and the Kon-Peki color I saw in a review. I promised myself I would get these two colors. Hopefully this month I'll have my shot at Ottoman Azure =)

So 4 months later I have 16 inks, and a some decently priced pens, and a lot of people giving me smack when "you can buy a pen for 5 rmb and ink for 3 rmb, why do you want 86 rmb ink and 900 rmb pens??"

Favorite Movie: Hmm, A NIght At The Roxbury has to be one of them. Zombieland is awesome, but mainly for one scene (If you've seen it you'll know). The Bourne movies are freaking awesome, I watch those quite a bit as well.

Favorite Series: I really like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, The Big Bang Theory, and Ranma 1/2.

Favorite Book: I really like The Dark Tower series, by Stephen King.

Favorite Manga/Comics: I've never been into "Western" comics. I think I bought some Sonic/Spider man ones when I was young, but that was short lived. However i do like Naruto/Bleach Manga.

Favorite Music: I'm progressively finding ways to appreciate everything. A couple years ago I'd be able to say I'd never listen to hip-hop, but ever since discovering Nujabes I've really liked his stuff/the people who are featured in his songs. I really like the song Hikari, Gotta Knock a little harder, No Reply, The Travelling Song, Thank you (featuring Apani B), Full Moon, Paid in Full, and many others...

Favorite Color: It changes on my mood, to be honest. "Crimson", Red, Blue, Black, Green, Gray, White, Brown tend to be my favorites.

Favorite Food: Unagi!

Favorite Drink: Jasmine tea, water, soda water.

Hobbies: WRESSSSSSSSSSTLING! Not that fake WWE BS. I mean the kinda wrestling they do in college/ high school! Currently I love my pens. I don't have much to write about, so I end up scribbling a lot... usually my name or "Hello, how are you?". I love martial arts although I've been kind of lazy lately and haven't been keeping up with what I should be doing. I enjoy working out and exercising, but again I'm pretty lazy so I don't do what I should be doing. I love to cook food, and even more so I love to bake. I'm love surfing the web. I spend most of my time finding out random things through google/wikipedia. Most of which I forget the details, but I retain the basic important stuff. I love gaming, although I don't play games as much anymore (or at least not competitively) because it causes me to swear quite a bit...something I don't like about myself. I do enjoy my alcohol, especially Vodka and Tequila, although my life would probably be a bit better without the to ^^;;;. I like to read, but reading is limited here so I've only been watching movies for the last 2 years... I should really find some books in English to read, or learn to read in Chinese, haha.

A little "secret": I'm super ticklish on my sides. My ticklish sides are my Kryptonite.

Other: Hmm, well I'm still going through some hard emotional times. I guess I'm learning to cope with the breakup, even though it was 4 months ago. I can't honestly say things are getting better but, things are going forward even though I don't want them too. I guess I wouldn't mind having some sympathetic ears, as well as well who have problems themselves. I'm not a boring person by any means, however at this moment there's really only one thing I can spend hours talking about haha. Gosh, one day I hope I'll be able to look back at these days and just slap myself and laugh for being this way.

Edited by Crim

Hello,

I am new to the world of fountain pens. A bit about myself: reside in Australia, early thirties, married, no kids yet and of Hellenic background. My wife and i are both school teachers. Enjoy travelling, book/poster collecting, hiking, going to the odd theatre play or concert, good food and drink.

Have always enjoyed meeting new people, hearing about different life experiences and learning about other countries and cultures. Would prefer to correspond with people around my age and older.

I like to think of myself as a gentleman and will definately reply to any mail i receive. There is no need to send me long essays (unless you really want to!), a half page will do fine every now and then.

Sincerely hope to hear from some of the nice people here. Please PM me if interested.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the FPN but not new to fountain pens - I've been into them for over a decade now but recently this passion of mine has reached whole new heights! I'm now at the point at which a lot of my time goes into reading this forum, FP blogs, browsing through online stores etc...

I'm 27 years old, female, and live in Finland. I enjoy and am interested in reading and literature, letters, fountain pens, paper, journaling, veganism, music, human & animal rights, nature in all its forms, peacefulness, libraries, meaningful conversations, colourfulness, animals, open-mindedness, serenity, and so much more.

I'm currently working on my university degree in information studies. I have a long-term partner and we have two cats. I'd love to hear from people from all over the world, any age or gender. My only wish is that you shared at least some of my interests! Please drop me a PM if interested.