Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

Just got my first reply! WOOT I never had a pen pal before!

Let courage rise with danger, and strength to strength oppose.

There is no snooze button on a cat wanting breakfast.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love to start low-key, inky correspondence with interesting, non-dogmatic folks.

Me: 58, Silicon Valley tech writer, married, grown kid. Interests: photography, design, and, need I say it: pens.

Open to different styles of letter writing, but I'm inclined to be a little experimental.

"The surface is all you've got. You can only get beyond the surface by working with the surface." ~Richard Avedon

Love to start correspondence with interesting, non-dogmatic folks.

Well, that rules me out. :ltcapd:

Und mich auch!

In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro.

Love to start correspondence with interesting, non-dogmatic folks.

Well, that rules me out. :ltcapd:

Tragic. :unsure:

"The surface is all you've got. You can only get beyond the surface by working with the surface." ~Richard Avedon

I'm not actively soliciting, but I still have yet to say no. "Dogma" is just a movie to me. :thumbup:

"Life is too short, or too long, to allow myself the luxury of living it badly."

Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

I'm not actively soliciting, but I still have yet to say no. "Dogma" is just a movie to me. :thumbup:

But have you noticed that spelled backward it's "AM GOD"

I'm in, too! I'm quite excited! I haven't had a penpal that actually stuck around. :(

Anywho, about me...

Kendra (real name)

17 years old, but very, very mature. My last job which ended yesterday was nannyinh for two young children. I'm going to a 2 year community college near Sacramento for my Associates Degree in Liberal Studies. After that, I plan on attending the American University of Paris for a degree in Politics. I've ALWAYSSS been a pen and stationary addict, and I also journal constantly(its always in my bag). I recently just got into FP's but I love them! As for hobbies, I love writing, traveling, drinking tea, listening to music, eating, retail therapy, and doing creative things!

Personality wise, I'm eccentric and unique, spontaneous, sarcastic, and quite smiley. :D

I'm also guilty of waiting for the mailbox man to arrive!

Anyone want a new pen friend?

Edited by Kendra

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I've been having fun with the postcard exchange so I might as well give this a try as well.

I'm a 44 yo from SC married with kids. Intrested in photography, camping, history, aviation and assorted other stuff. Never had a pen pal so this will be a new undertaking for me.

Any takers shoot me a PM to exchange addresses.

NB

I would like to participate. I love to get mail. I may not respond as quickly as I would like but I will do my best to not take too long.

I am a CPA (hope that's not to dull), I'm also a CFP, in my 40s (and that's all I'm admitting). I am into dogs - we are the servants for two Akitas. I support wolf education and reintroduction, like music, photography Visit My Website and have done some recording for Librivox.org Librivox and of course, I love fountain pens.

If anyone is interested in corresponding, please let me know.

Edited by jbynum

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

My social media sites Via Gravatar

Join Pen Collectors of America

Dear all:

Okay, I'll give this a go. I have a whole passel of Crane Stationery just waiting to be inked. A bit of information about me:

I have a Ph.D. in English, and I teach at a University here in Kentucky. My interests are: reading, writing, cooking, movies of all types and sizes, The Simpsons, Satellite television, especially the Sci-Fi, Animal Planet, Food Network, and BBC-America channels, dinners with friends, and, of course, fountain pens. I am a strict vegetarian, long-time Buddhist, openly gay, and ultra liberal. I have a dog (purebred Black Cocker Spaniel) that I rescued, I'm an animal rights advocate, and I often volunteer at the local animal shelter. You needn't, of course, agree with me in any or all areas. Living as I do in Kentucky, quite a number of my friends are straight, Christian, and conservative, although we tend not to talk about politics or sex. Go figure. Additionally, I read French fluently, although my writing/speaking skills are not fluent. Still, if you would like to converse in French, I'm more than willing to make a concerted effort in the latter areas.

At any rate, I'd love to make a few new friends via letters. Drop me a PM if interested.

Todd

I am new here and would love to participate.

I live in NC and am married with a 3 year old daughter and a 22 year old step-son. My day job is working for the state, my dream job is to teach High School English. I am going back to school for my teaching credentials and hope to be done by the time my daughter starts first grade. I am also an unpublished writer and a mixed media artist. I love writing, am an avid reader, spending time with my family and making new friends.

A few weeks ago I accidentally bought some disposable fountain pens. I had used some on and off and never really liked them. I fell in love with these Pilot Varsity pens and went back to get some more. There were out and I came to the Internet to find some more. I found this very informative forum and have been hooked every since. A few days ago, I admired a Taccia Continental in Cotton Candy that one of our out-of-state consultants had - she gave it to me!

Thanks!

Connie

Connie

I blog... HouseWife with a Day Job

Hey, I'd like to give this a go too.

I'm a 43 y.o. married guy living in Cheshire, England. As well as pens and all thing inky I am very much into brass bands. As well as my day job I also work on a part-time basis as a professional photographer. My other passion is genealogy (don;t start me on that one! :) )Look forward to hearing from someone soon - else I shall think that I'm all alone in the world. Maybe I read too much science fiction? Nah. Just Douggie Adams, John Wndham and HG Wells. OK maybe a little bit of Jukles Verne too - but not too much now.

Just so you know - I can spell but I can't type. Write to me and see how you rate my handwriting compared to my typing.

Edited by Jimothy

In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro.

Oh pleeeez oh please oh please would someone write to me? (Does that sound movingly pathetic? Too much?) I'm DYING to put my spiffy stationery and ink collection (sorry in advance for the penmanship--working on it!!) to good use!

Me: I teach at a comm coll out on Long Island, New York. (If you've seen 'Growing Up Gotti', you've seen it all). I teach English--lit and creative writing. I keep (tenuous) hold on my sanity by writing ridiculous fantasy stories and knitting more socks than I'll ever wear in a lifetime. And reading. Woooo boy, do I read. I am a reading whore.

I'm obsessed with politics and the media (side effect from having taught Mass Media one too many times). My neighbors think of me as the 'Crazy Neighborhood Cat Lady, Armed Edition' because the police up here interview one's neighbors if one is seeking a pistol license. I served in the Army many years ago. Ummm, I'm trying *really* hard to sound interesting, and I don't think it's working. I think I'll stop before I embarrass myself.

HK

If you have a pistol, a pistol permit, or are seeking one, I will give you a shooting lesson by mail. A little bio: I am a happily married 58 years old male, grew up in rural north central, ultra conservative, Indiana, in a one stop light town of under 2000 souls. I graduated in the lower two thirds of my graduating class so I am only marginally literate. My handwriting will convince you, if you doubt the veracity of my statement. The vice presidential debate taught me the value of lowering expectations.

I purchased my pistol from a dealer that I knew shot at the Master level for several years. He told me that if I bought the gun from him he would give me a shooting lesson. He also said "It is not so much a matter of skill, but more like a magic trick. And once you can do the trick, you can repeat it." At that point, I paid the money, and got my first shooting lesson. It worked.

In 1980, I escaped from Argos, Indiana, and moved to Seattle, Washington. My life began. Sometimes you just don't know how bad it is until you get away.

My address is: Ben dot Bodey at gmail dot com

Yours,

Ben Bodey

Edited by Ben Bodey

Things are seldom what they seem.

Oh, I'm game, too; it's been a while since I had postal mail correspondents.

I am new tho this site; and new to computer tech. I still like to write correspondence through handwriting. If you are interested send me your info and a letter to respond.

Looking forward

David

morninglight03@yahoo.com

Edited by morninglight

Hi, I'm new to the site, but not to letter writing. I have gotten out of practice, and most of my pen pals don't write back, or they send emails--so I'd like to find someone with whom to correspond. I have 5 fountain pens so far: 2 Esterbrooks (J and SM), one Waterman (Phileas), one Hero (616), and a Reform 1745. All have fine nibs except for the Waterman (M), though I'd consider the Hero to be extra fine. I have some more on the way, and I'll save that for future pen pals. I'm just exploring inks: 2 Pelikan (Brilliant Black and Green), Waterman (Violet), and J. Herbin (Myosotis Blue). I have mixed one ink, and I have some more on order--again saving it for conversational material.

I'm a community college teacher and I teach history (world and Asia mostly) and philosophy and religion (Asia again). I have one child (a son) who I homeschool three days per week; he goes to a charter school the other two. I am a liberal politically, though I am quite tolerant of others' beliefs. I like to do many low tech things like writing with fountain pens, cooking, crosswords, gardening, and knitting, sometimes while listening to my iPod! I am not anti-technology by any means, I just think that there are other things worth while. I love music of all sorts, but don't play any instruments, though I did put Mountain Dulcimer on my Christmas list.

Hmmm, there are probably some fascinating things I've forgotten to put here, but for now, that's me.

Shell

PS. I drive my dream car, a red 1987 Volvo 240 DL wagon

ETA: I'm also a big reader. I read many things, but right now I seem to be into Henning Mankell mysteries.

Edited by Shell

I'm certainly up for some snail mail; can't seem to even get elderly relatives writing anymore... I don't want to have half a book of stamps left at the next postage increase, won't you help?

I've got many interests; movies are a big hit, though (all movies, not just cinema). No slouch on pop culture, ornamental fish and salt water reefs, firearms, electronics (theory and application), chainmail, guitar, bread, bourbon, beer, sea power, South Park, the works of Terry Pratchett, felines, books and gaming (and etc., those are just examples). The only subject I'd prefer not to talk is politics and the environment as I spend enough time in the day on those topics and prefer not doing it with a mailing delay. Love to talk about topics not listed though. Who knows, you may give me something new to learn about!

Hi, I'm new to the site, but not to letter writing. I have gotten out of practice, and most of my pen pals don't write back, or they send emails--so I'd like to find someone with whom to correspond. I have 5 fountain pens so far: 2 Esterbrooks (J and SM), one Waterman (Phileas), one Hero (616), and a Reform 1745. All have fine nibs except for the Waterman (M), though I'd consider the Hero to be extra fine. I have some more on the way, and I'll save that for future pen pals. I'm just exploring inks: 2 Pelikan (Brilliant Black and Green), Waterman (Violet), and J. Herbin (Myosotis Blue). I have mixed one ink, and I have some more on order--again saving it for conversational material.

I'm a community college teacher and I teach history (world and Asia mostly) and philosophy and religion (Asia again). I have one child (a son) who I homeschool three days per week; he goes to a charter school the other two. I am a liberal politically, though I am quite tolerant of others' beliefs. I like to do many low tech things like writing with fountain pens, cooking, crosswords, gardening, and knitting, sometimes while listening to my iPod! I am not anti-technology by any means, I just think that there are other things worth while. I love music of all sorts, but don't play any instruments, though I did put Mountain Dulcimer on my Christmas list.

Hmmm, there are probably some fascinating things I've forgotten to put here, but for now, that's me.

Shell

ETA: I'm also a big reader. I read many things, but right now I seem to be into Henning Mankell mysteries.

Can't go wrong with Henning Mankell's mysteries ...

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

Shell

Can't go wrong with Henning Mankell's mysteries ...

The only bad thing is that I'm on my last Kurt Wallender mystery! I guess I'll have to re-read them. Sigh.

I would like to but I feel a little to young doing so and I wouldn't think my Mum would let me :unsure:

Don't get discouraged. I've been writing to a penpal that I met while in junior high. Mind you this was at least 15 years ago.

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.