Rotring 600 Alternative Gel Or Rollerball Refills

certain_things

I've had a Rotring 600 Rollerball for many years but haven't used it much because I do not care for the Rotring rollerball refills.

Has anyone used other refills for this pen?

Did it require any modifications to the refill?

Thanks in advance,

certain_things

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StarryChelloveck

• certain_things

• RNHC

• FLJeepGuy

The Pilot G-2 gel refills fit the 600 perfectly and are my refill of choice for my 600 (and other Rotring and Waterman rollers).

Collection Counts: Cross-4, Esterbrook-15, Eversharp-1, Graf von Faber-Castell-1, Jinhao-2, Kaweco-1, Lamy-6, Levenger-2, Monteverde-1, Pilot/Namiki-3, Noodler's-1, Parker-18, Rotring-10, Sailor-1, Sheaffer-19, TWSBI-1, Visconti-4, Waterford-1, Waterman-7

Favorite Inks: Diamine, Levenger, Private Reserve, Noodler's Lexington Gray

When I use my 600 as a rollerball I use Schmidt refills that are both smooth and reasonably priced. Most often I use a Monteverde Fineliner felt tip refill in the pen since rollerballs really do not do much for me. They fit very well and give a unique writing experience. One of my friends uses a Lamy Safari refill in his 600 but I believe that is a tight fit. I hope this helps.

Edited by Ashram

http://i.imgur.com/Bftqofd.png

• 4 weeks later...

Is it rollerballs in general you're not happy with or is it just rotring's? I fit the pilot V5 and V7 refills (for the retractable version) there as well.

It's the Rotring roller ball refills that I'm not happy with. The Rotring roller ball seem to be really thin and watery. Lamy's are the same way.

The Uni-Ball and Pilot gel types seem to work really well. I bought some Bold 1.0 mm retractable Pilot G2 model # 31254 pens and used one of the refills, it works great.

Edited by certain_things

My Rotring 600 takes pretty much any refill that looks similar to international refill. I have successfully used everything from Uniball Signo to Pilot G2 in it. :thumbup: