• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Fuzzy_Bear

• lgsoltek

• HalloweenHJB

Mine is the least impressive yet! My small collection lives in the desk drawer, but has grown a bit since the photo and will need to migrate soon.

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s548/daTomoT/null.jpg

Please check out my blog, datbookreviews, for all Fiction and Fantasy book reviews!

Now with Increasing Fountain Pen Related Posts!

Pelikan M200, Hero 608, Parker IM, Serwex 162, Manuscript Calligraphy Pen, Lamy Vista, Guanleming 956, Mabie Todd 200/60, Noodler's Konrad. Grail Pen: Yard-O-Led Viceroy Victorian.

So what are in those little round bottles?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I feel like I have no ink at all now that I've scrolled through this thread... :( They're too expensive to buy in full bottles all the time! Here's my humble collection of samples in the pen drawer. Don't envy my homemade foam pen holders too much, :roflmho: http://i.imgur.com/z0ZjQ.jpg

Edited by Amgroma
http://i.imgur.com/QWL90tZ.png

20, Cyclist, Fountain Pen collector, Medical Student

Wow, I like how you did the swabs on the top, good idea.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I'm quite an addict when it comes to testing and recording, so I do that to all the tops of the bottles making it easier to find the right color, then I do thinning and other tests on those little pieces of white paper underneath the Parker 21, and I also write out a sample sentence with each ink and each nib I own in that leather book above the drawer.

I think I do it as a psychological response to feeling guilty about not writing with pens as often as I'd like to.

This is how I display mine:

post-69674-0-42427600-1355327267.jpg

I like this display cabinet with maybe clear glass to show the collection

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing

I broke down and reorganized the cabinet. (I'd acquired a few new inks and needed to make room).

http://sheismylawyer.com/INK/attachments/2013-01-16-potions-2-500.jpg

I'm quite an addict when it comes to testing and recording, so I do that to all the tops of the bottles making it easier to find the right color, then I do thinning and other tests on those little pieces of white paper underneath the Parker 21, and I also write out a sample sentence with each ink and each nib I own in that leather book above the drawer.

I think I do it as a psychological response to feeling guilty about not writing with pens as often as I'd like to.

That's why I paint with my left over ink (after a pen flush).

That's why I paint with my left over ink (after a pen flush).

I'd do that, but then i'll have no ink left in case I ever want to use that sample. :(

I only have 3 bottled inks due to thinking it's too expensive to get bottles... but then I spend double the price of a bottle on samples of all sorts. My notebooks have different ink on every other page due to it running out.

Only two or three colors are repeats (2 bottles of each). The rest are unique colors.

I'm not sure you have enough... :eureka:

And yes, I know it's bourbon.

Only two or three colors are repeats (2 bottles of each). The rest are unique colors.

+1

Of course I don't. There is no such thing as too much ink. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh, have you done reviews of those Russian inks?

Ooh, have you done reviews of those Russian inks?

Yes, if I have time, I will create a new topic of reviews of my inks and pens and i will inform you.

Write and enjoy the process.

I broke down and reorganized the cabinet. (I'd acquired a few new inks and needed to make room).

Gorgeous display, Amberlea! I do not yet have that many bottles but what I struggle with is the temperature in my apartment. Rarely is it not too warm! In the winter, the heat is on so high that I have to crack open the windows and in the summer, when I'm not home to turn on the a/c, it is a sauna! I keep my inks in a dark closet, but I would love to display the few I have!

Pretty soon the books will have to start finding other homes...ask me how I know ;) :embarrassed_smile:

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

The embosser on the top shelf is a nice touch.