How Do You Display Your Inks?

amberleadavis

If only I even displayed them - mine are just kept in a couple drawers. Wonderful pictures.. I'm inspired by the Diamines!

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Fuzzy_Bear

• lgsoltek

• HalloweenHJB

I think it is. I can't find any markings on it. I paid a mere $400 for it and I love it.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I'm always super impress with your Noodlers collection, I need to update my display got more Noodlers Inks and Fountain Pens. Love that ink!!!! :wub:

I use them as conversations starters. Monkeys Hanger is a terrific jumping off point to discuss criminal law.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I use them as conversations starters. Monkeys Hanger is a terrific jumping off point to discuss criminal law.

Not Legal Lapis?

I think it is. I can't find any markings on it. I paid a mere $400 for it and I love it.

Love those desks. Always keep an eye out for one.

Peace and Understanding

The last person I gave ink to, teaches criminal justice at UNLV. He was appalled that they hung the Monkey.

• 2 weeks later...

First, I don't know how I never posted here, but I have posted the picture elsewhere.

Second, I feel better about how much ink I have. Many of you put my collection to shame.

I have since added around 30 bottles to my collection but I have them elsewhere in a drawer while I figure out how to add to the wall.

IMG_20181005_094135_copy_2610x3480.jpg

-Stefan

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/WIKKID85/me/pen%20stuff/SnailBadge.png

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/WIKKID85/me/pen%20stuff/unnamed.jpg

@Stoof, I love it!

First, I don't know how I never posted here, but I have posted the picture elsewhere.

Second, I feel better about how much ink I have. Many of you put my collection to shame.

I have since added around 30 bottles to my collection but I have them elsewhere in a drawer while I figure out how to add to the wall.

Wow, that's a nice display!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys.

Any time I feel weird for what I have all I need to do is sign on here and always find someone else with more haha

-Stefan

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/WIKKID85/me/pen%20stuff/SnailBadge.png

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/WIKKID85/me/pen%20stuff/unnamed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mine live here.

255F6D2E-B939-4D7B-B894-0BB258C3F6DA.jpeg

In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro.

Jimothy, that looks great.

These are some seriously impressive displays.

I came here for inspiration (mine are stored in a drawer) but with my bookcase filled with other things I collect (from anything mouse related, to ww2 militaria, 2 and a half shelves of shot glasses, 3 shelves of antiques and bottles) I am rapidly running out of room. I don't have room for another bookcase in my bedroom either so I may need to move some of the collections into my study, or move the ink into my study. Hmm..

I'd guess that your ink mostly gets used in your study, which would make it the obvious choice for where to keep it.

I don’t leave any of my inks out. Keep them in their boxes (stack better) and away from the light. The ones that I’m likely to use are in cabinet drawers. The others are in shoe boxes on the floor of my closet.

I agree with Old Salt - inks are for use rather than display. The bottom the wardrobe is a good storage spot away from light, pets and people who borrow things.

I don’t leave any of my inks out. Keep them in their boxes (stack better) and away from the light. The ones that I’m likely to use are in cabinet drawers. The others are in shoe boxes on the floor of my closet.

I don't worry about the light a conducted a bunch of fade tests on inks in the bottle. The inks in the bottle were fine. The inks on the papers are goners.

I agree with Old Salt - inks are for use rather than display. The bottom the wardrobe is a good storage spot away from light, pets and people who borrow things.

You surely aren't implying that I don't use my inks? The inks that are "on display" are the easiest to find, reach and pick. Not only do I use hundreds of different inks each yearn (and that's not an exaggeration, check the link), but I use the display as a conversation starter and I choose inks for my guests.

For me, it is the inks in the cupboard behind my desk that I not remember to pull out and use.

After reading this topic , I have found some inspiration to display my inks. Thank you

65465B36-B08D-43E9-9135-289AC958B7CB.jpeg

Edited by columela

“Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.”

Marcus Aurelius, Meditations