How Do You Display Your Inks?

amberleadavis

I don't display my inks either, I just keep 'em stored and sorted in a place where I can get ahold of any old certain bottle without having to look too long for it. Ditto my LPs, CDs, teas, shoes....

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Fuzzy_Bear

• lgsoltek

• HalloweenHJB

I've looked at all the pics of this thread and inspire me to take a pic of my new little display, the reason why I like them to be displayed is because I find Noodler's inks very cool to contemplate. The labels are brilliant and the story behind them, that is the main reason why I choose to have Noodler's inks and I like the fact that are made here in the USA. I've found this nice cool wooden boat at a Thrift Store for $1,19 I've though it was amazing to display this inks in a boat cause the story behind the Ahab Pen, which I've recently receive as a gift. It comes down to something very cool I've just started to enjoy very much...

.http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p29/emeraldqueen1/inks%20in%20a%20boat2017_zpspioynpez.jpg

FP's: Noodler's Charlie Pen, Noodler's King Philip Ahab, JinHao X450 Blue, JinHao X750 Gold, Jinhao 599 Transparent, Hero 366 Green, Hero 9626, Hero 329-A Jinhao Shark Black and Green,Jinhao 992 Coffee, Lamy Safari Black, Lanbitou /2 Transparent/ 1 Black /1 Red/1 Beige, Hero 9075 Black, Twsbi Go Saphire, Jinhao Porcelain Horses, Pilot Vanishing Point Black
INKS: Noodler's Heart of Darkness - Baystate Blue - Apache Sunset - Bullet Proof Black - Blue Nose Bear - Black Swan In Australian Roses - Widow Maker - 54th Massachusetts - Navajo Turquoise - Burning Rome - General of The Armies
OTHER INKS: Thortons - Green / Pelikan-Blue / J. Herbin 1670- Ocean Blue / Diamine Skulls and Roses

I feel like I have no ink at all now that I've scrolled through this thread... :sad: They're too expensive to buy in full bottles all the time! Here's my humble collection of samples in the pen drawer. Don't envy my homemade foam pen holders too much, roflmho.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/z0ZjQ.jpg

I think I know where that lollypop came from.

Well, now I just have to buy lots and lots more ink, and make some room for a display in my house. And it's all because of all of you. I hope you're pleased with yourselves... :D

Forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde.

MRose, it looks awesome!

Lexus - be sure to show us the growing collection.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

MRose, it looks awesome!

Thank you! I love it, is really cute :wub: :D

FP's: Noodler's Charlie Pen, Noodler's King Philip Ahab, JinHao X450 Blue, JinHao X750 Gold, Jinhao 599 Transparent, Hero 366 Green, Hero 9626, Hero 329-A Jinhao Shark Black and Green,Jinhao 992 Coffee, Lamy Safari Black, Lanbitou /2 Transparent/ 1 Black /1 Red/1 Beige, Hero 9075 Black, Twsbi Go Saphire, Jinhao Porcelain Horses, Pilot Vanishing Point Black
INKS: Noodler's Heart of Darkness - Baystate Blue - Apache Sunset - Bullet Proof Black - Blue Nose Bear - Black Swan In Australian Roses - Widow Maker - 54th Massachusetts - Navajo Turquoise - Burning Rome - General of The Armies
OTHER INKS: Thortons - Green / Pelikan-Blue / J. Herbin 1670- Ocean Blue / Diamine Skulls and Roses

Mine are in in the drawer and closet. Protected against light.

• 1 month later...

OH MY, You and I could have a long and meaningful inky relationship.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I don't display them, I keep them in the boxes, and if they have no box, I put them in boxes because I think that sunlight can alter the colour ...

And the boxes are on a shelf ...

One pen roll, two pen rolls, three pen rolls ... So many pen rolls ! Do you want one ?

my tiny shop is open and you can have a closer look on my website to see my cotton (and sometimes silk) OOAK penrolls.

Mine are all in shoe boxes...which always seem to be in the way.

I have way too many shoeboxes of ink...🙄

OH MY, You and I could have a long and meaningful inky relationship.

If that was directed towards me...... Thanks, I'm honoured.

Keep your nose clean and your nib wet.

-Mullen88

If that was directed towards me...... Thanks, I'm honoured.

From those of us who are inky friends of Amber's —yes, it is an honour!

I particularly enjoy your placement of the Akkerman bottles in just the right-sized niches! ;)

How Do You Display Your Inks?

I don't.

For me, inks aren't meant to be displayed, they're only meant to be used. All mine exist in a random state in the drawer(out of the way of sunlight, even though this doesn't exist for most of the year where I come from), where occasionally a human will place his paw blindly into said drawer and grab a random handful of around 5 or 6 inks from which is chosen a random ink. That's really how things work around here.

I just keep them in a small(ish) drawer, away from sunlight and accessible when I need them. It's a good system for me because I have a finite space in which to keep them. Out of room? Too much ink!*

I don't display my pens, either. They live in the drawer above the ink. It's sort of a shame, I guess, as some of my pens are nice to look at and I do like the look of some fancy ink bottles, but that stuff is all kept around for writing with so I've stuck with utilitarian storage.

*Yes, I know "Too much ink" is considered foul language here, but I have to be mindful of how much ink I can realistically use. I don't want it all to just languish in a bottle and never get the chance to see a pen.

From those of us who are inky friends of Amber's yes, it is an honour!

I particularly enjoy your placement of the Akkerman bottles in just the right-sized niches! ;)

Thanks. It worked out nicely. They deserve to be displayed prominently I think.

Keep your nose clean and your nib wet.

-Mullen88

I don't display ink and only 12 pens are visible in one glass topped case.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

My inks are in a tea cabinet... Im afraid I might need a second one in the near future : )

http://i.imgur.com/RJKKCM1.jpg

好记性不如烂笔头

Looks great!