How Do You Display Your Inks?

amberleadavis

My desk area was stolen from my bead/jewelry area. It took a few days of rearranging. I sold some furniture. Did a lot of cursing. Risked a head injury (don't use a stool as a ladder). But as I've sorted things out I feel it's worth the hassle. A friend made the lazy susan for the Diamine inks. Hasn't sold any others yet but I'm sure he would if there was a demand. I love having my inks close at hand and find that I use them a lot more often.

amberleadavis if I'm ever in LV I will definitely look you up. Was just there last summer to help my step daughter move. Looking at your ink storage would've been the highlight of the trip.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Fuzzy_Bear

• lgsoltek

• HalloweenHJB

My desk area was stolen from my bead/jewelry area. It took a few days of rearranging. I sold some furniture. Did a lot of cursing. Risked a head injury (don't use a stool as a ladder). But as I've sorted things out I feel it's worth the hassle. A friend made the lazy susan for the Diamine inks. Hasn't sold any others yet but I'm sure he would if there was a demand. I love having my inks close at hand and find that I use them a lot more often.

amberleadavis if I'm ever in LV I will definitely look you up. Was just there last summer to help my step daughter move. Looking at your ink storage would've been the highlight of the trip.

I'd love to have you visit (and I love beads and jewelry) we could totally hang out together.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Here is my ink shelf:

post-5351-0-97027100-1429115026_thumb.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Looking good.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I'd love to have you visit (and I love beads and jewelry) we could totally hang out together.

And if you're ever in Tucson, give a yell. You outdo me on ink but I have a lot of beads and jewelry.

OOOOOOOO

Very nice.

We call it the "potions cabinet" and it is now even cooler since it has a bottle of Harry Potter Purple.

I've decided to go hog-wild, and just build a shrine. With hills and dales, a geographic inky-treasure island. Over the top, but what the hay!

fpn_1421370743__ink_collection_jan_2015.

Very nice. Like the inkwell in the foreground.

It does make a statement, doesn't it? Saw it on Amazon, and thought, why not? Pen accoutrements can be almost as fun as the inks and nibs. I've even gone in for sealing wax to take the whole experience over the top... ;)

Looking good.

I've decided to go hog-wild, and just build a shrine. With hills and dales, a geographic inky-treasure island. Over the top, but what the hay!

fpn_1421370743__ink_collection_jan_2015.

As a friend of mine once commented "if it is NOT over the top YOU aren't DONE YET!" I say better to go "toooooo far" than "not far enough! I have three writing spaces & two desks not yet in use...........I'm just sayin' KEEP it UP! It looks GREAT!

Oh, the inkwell is lovely! I always say I don't need an inkwell ( like people say you don't need that many inks ) but I may revisit that decision. A shrine.....I love that. Well done.

• 3 months later...

Perry's book case inspired me.... well that and my dad brought over the oak book cases he had made for my grandmother. So, I reorganized some of my inks and made a shelf for Diamine.

fpn_1440437138__20150824_102324.jpg

Looks "mighty fine" both the organization of ink by maker AND the bookshelves! I have my Great Grandfather's set of Barrister book shelves (unfortunately he was only a Baptist minister but still used the shelves in his study!) Your's are truly "at home!"

Thank you! I now have enough to have a Rubinato section complete with an actual ear bottle, thanks to a wonderful FPNer.

Perry's book case inspired me.... well that and my dad brought over the oak book cases he had made for my grandmother. So, I reorganized some of my inks and made a shelf for Diamine.

Looks like a magical shrine to Diamine! Well done!