Big, Old, Vintage Bottles Of Ink

dcpritch

These are true time travelers. They are truly from another age, when people really wrote with ink and didn't know what a keyboard was, and all the more beautiful for making the trip. I have one, a Skrip, but don't know what to do with it. Don't know where I got it but refuse to throw it out. Probably just give it to my favorite B&M. Couldn't face the hassle of eBay.

I can't remember the last time I emptied a full bottle of ink (I think it was a bottle of Penman Emerald. Yes that long ago) but nothing recently

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcpritch

• Roger W.

• BOOGIT

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Carter's blue-black is close to my ideal blue ink...shading and saturation combined. Does anyone believe there's an equivalent?

The Carter's blue-black is close to my ideal blue ink...shading and saturation combined. Does anyone believe there's an equivalent?

Not for sure, but I was told that Noodler's Manhattan Blue is supposed mimic the old Carter's ink. It's exclusive to Fountain Pen Hospital, but formerly exclusive to Art Brown International, and I was told that several years ago -- by no less a personage than Mrs. B. herself -- when I was in a hunt to match the blue black ink I was flushing out of a Esterbrook that I'd found in the wild for color and shading.

Dunno of course what the ink in the pen actually was; Diamine Denim was the best color match but had pretty much zero shading; Manhattan Blue was a little bluer, but got me the shading (so I ended up buying both, just to be on the safe side ;)).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Not for sure, but I was told that Noodler's Manhattan Blue is supposed mimic the old Carter's ink. It's exclusive to Fountain Pen Hospital, but formerly exclusive to Art Brown International, and I was told that several years ago -- by no less a personage than Mrs. B. herself -- when I was in a hunt to match the blue black ink I was flushing out of a Esterbrook that I'd found in the wild for color and shading.

Dunno of course what the ink in the pen actually was; Diamine Denim was the best color match but had pretty much zero shading; Manhattan Blue was a little bluer, but got me the shading (so I ended up buying both, just to be on the safe side ;)).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

...so, go figure I wrote this and then read the part where you mentioned Manhattan Blue being bluer. Ah, well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/LastKnight/Mobile%20Uploads/20150201_041910_zpse15bb870.jpg

• 3 years later...

I've heritated this one, BILL INK: Should be from 1944-1945,
from a Wartime US Army HQ in Europe ...

The member "inkstainedruth" thinks this one is from Noodler's USA... maybe she has right. But I don't find any information on the web. Does somebody has any idea?

Still sealed with wax and never opened. Maybe I'll sell it. (when I'm gold member ...)
Thanks, Johan.

bill-ink.jpg