Totem Pole Dip Pen

jbb

Well, jbb, you made me drool and my eyes turned green with envy!!!!!!! A bit of a collection going there, you say? Ha! Ha! That's a fabulous collection--is that a band of lapis on one of the pens?

Now we know the secret to your beautiful handwriting--surely pens like this once dipped just perform beautifully and show off the elegance of their time period!

Many, many thanks for answering my request!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jbb

• dannyboy

• N2theBreach

• pen2paper

Now, I git it!! It's using them thar fancy dip pen thingys that gives ya that nice handwritin'. I may have to git me some 'o them. I knew there mus' be some trick to it! :roflmho:

I actually DO believe that dip pens (and flex pens in general) improve handwriting... at least they did mine. When I first switched to dip pens my handwriting was so altered that my bank called me to verify the signature on one of my checks. :headsmack: I had to re-sign the signature card that my bank keeps on file too.

Dip Pen & Nibs Set in FPN Classifieds :thumbup:

Well, jbb, you made me drool and my eyes turned green with envy!!!!!!! A bit of a collection going there, you say? Ha! Ha! That's a fabulous collection--is that a band of lapis on one of the pens?

Now we know the secret to your beautiful handwriting--surely pens like this once dipped just perform beautifully and show off the elegance of their time period!

Many, many thanks for answering my request!

There's no lapis in any of the pens but there is one modern dip pen (made by engen21) with a band of some sort of turquoise and another with a section that looks like malachite but isn't real malachite.

I actually DO believe that dip pens (and flex pens in general) improve handwriting... at least they did mine. When I first switched to dip pens my handwriting was so altered that my bank called me to verify the signature on one of my checks. :headsmack: I had to re-sign the signature card that my bank keeps on file too.

Dip Pen & Nibs Set in FPN Classifieds :thumbup:

That makes sense.

I think you probably figured out, too, that I was trying to say, "Forget long hours of practice, buy a dip pen and, presto change o, perfect handwriting!" in a sort of backwards humor that in reality honors the long hours I'm sure you put in.

I'm going to have to wait a while before exploring dip pens. When I do, is there a way to tell if a nib is a flex nib without writing with it?

I'm going to have to wait a while before exploring dip pens. When I do, is there a way to tell if a nib is a flex nib without writing with it?

There are scores of dip nibs that have great flex. Aside from testing the nib yourself you can always ask for recommendations here on FPN. Sometimes the nib box describes the nib "fine elastic" "fine flexible," etc.