Diamine Green Black

Bhavna

Bhavna,

Thanks for your review...... great presentation and content. Share your enthusiasm for Diamine Green/Black. A great all rounder; I have this as a fixature in a Pel M101/N with a B nib... they were made for each other. My other green indulgences are Meadow, Ultragreen, Appleglory & Woodland from our friends at Diamine and Herbin's Verte Empire and Lierre Sauvage.

Next time shopping at Diamine' on-line store, I'll take a closer look at Evergreen which TGC mentions above and which to date I have overlooked.

Falcon

Falcon, thank you for your kind words. It sounds simply delicious in your pen! I couldn't agree more about Meadow and Woodland which just sings to high heaven! Have you tried Kelly Green? I look forward to hearing about Evergreen.

Your wish etc etc

fpn_1325671469__diamine_evergreen.jpg

And just in case the similarity hadn't escaped some of you...

fpn_1325443474__noodlers_sequoia_green.jpg

And maybe more to follow.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bhavna

• The Good Captain

• Ghost Plane

• Bronte

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just for those who can't sleep...

fpn_1325671492__diamine_green-black.jpg

fpn_1327423060__diamine_sherwood_green.jpg

fpn_1346454588__diamine_umber.jpg

...perchance, to green.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Great review! I have it loaded in my Nakaya Neo Standard with an extra broad nib cut to a CI by John Mottishaw. I used it last night while writing personal notes to colleagues. It looks great on ivory paper such as Cranes.

Regards,

Mike

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

This seems very close to Private Reserve's Avacado. Anyone have both?

Diamine Green Black is darker than Avacado, at least in the pens I've used. Also doesn't have that yellowish tinge that makes Avacado look like an avocado! I have all of the Diamine dark greens and this is my favorite.

I have this ink in a Sheaffer 100, 3 friends of winter, plum pattern, and it's an outstanding pen and ink combo, very business appropriate, smooth wet writing, and quick drying. What more could you ask???

:puddle:

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

Diamine Green Black is darker than Avacado, at least in the pens I've used. Also doesn't have that yellowish tinge that makes Avacado look like an avocado! I have all of the Diamine dark greens and this is my favorite.

Thank you! I gave away my Umber as it just kept missing what I wanted from a green. Maybe this is it? :hmm1: [The cry of the ink junkie heard the wild!]

Great review! I have it loaded in my Nakaya Neo Standard with an extra broad nib cut to a CI by John Mottishaw. I used it last night while writing personal notes to colleagues. It looks great on ivory paper such as Cranes.

Thank you! Green Black must look fabulous in the XB nib, do please post a sample! It is especially glorious on creams and ivories. I even tried it on a powder blue which wasn't too bad.. it just wont be happening again!

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

I like this dark green color. Too bad I ordered DeAtramentis black series blackgreen recently.

Hey you can never have too many dark greens in my experience!! Enjoy your ink. Maybe you can do a review?!

DA blackgreen is my first green ink. And I think there will be a review. ;)

Thank you! I gave away my Umber as it just kept missing what I wanted from a green. Maybe this is it? :hmm1: [The cry of the ink junkie heard the wild!]

Ghost Plane, for what it's worth, I am a little bit of a "green junkie", myself. I was also disappointed with Diamine Umber, but Diamine Green-Black remains at the top of my list as far as greens go. I hate to admit that I am a bit of a "Goldilocks" when it comes to inks, I'm just so picky, but Green-Black is "just right". (If that even makes any sense!)

Also, I wanted to respond to one thing mentioned in the review. If I remember correctly (and I might not be, because I initially read the review a few days ago - on the fly- and haven't had a chance to get back here and comment until now), the OP indicated that the flow from Diamine Green-Black is a bit on the dry side. I am curious if anyone else is having this experience? Because my experience has been very different. In fact, my batch of Green-Black is perhaps the most free flowing ink I have. I have to actually use it with caution, because I seem to find drops of it everywhere (including the couch, and my bed - the places where I write most!). I'm not sure how this seems to happen. it's quite an annoying phenomenon that I experience with this ink only, and has caused my washing machine much grief. But, alas, it is so free flowing it somehow is able to jump from the pen even while the cap is on, apparently. I really can't explain. In more tangible terms, I tend use this ink in a very dry writing Esterbrook (which I almost PIF'd because it felt so laborious to write with), and yet Diamine Green-Black is the reason I kept it. If I ink the Estie with this ink, it is instantly transformed into a luxurious writing instrument.

And, as always, thanks to the Good Captain for posting your scans. I always enjoy those!

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Will you just stop this......please........

I have recently bought Diamine Sherwood on the strengh of your review after trying to decide between Sherwood and Green Black :hmm1:

Now I am going to have to add this to my next order :headsmack:

Great review by the way .....as usual :rolleyes:

I'm.. trying... I promise.. but.. it's .. sooo. hard!!!! I am SO happy to hear you got Diamine Sherwood, how do you find it? I absolutely adore it. You will just love GB, I would love to hear of your experience with it! Thank you for your kind words.

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Also, I wanted to respond to one thing mentioned in the review. If I remember correctly (and I might not be, because I initially read the review a few days ago - on the fly- and haven't had a chance to get back here and comment until now), the OP indicated that the flow from Diamine Green-Black is a bit on the dry side.

Hello, not a bit on the dry side, just a tiny touch dry however this may have been due to the pen being freshly inked. The flow is great, not quite as enthusiastic as you describe, but good.

I need wet for my big nibs, so glad to hear the flow is good. :thumbup:

You will really enjoy this, my review was written with a B nib of a brand new pen, thus the slight issue with flow. It seems to have settled well since!

Anyone have this ink and Sailor Epinard. Seems very close. I like Epinard, except for the drying time.

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

Anyone have this ink and Sailor Epinard. Seems very close. I like Epinard, except for the drying time.

I have the Sailor Epinard and the Diamine Green/Black. I like both, but the Diamine for me gets the nod--better drying time and personal preference for Diamine's subtle shade and shading. Both are great, but I find myself using the Diamine more often. Of course, this is a mostly subjective response!

I have the Sailor Epinard and the Diamine Green/Black. I like both, but the Diamine for me gets the nod--better drying time and personal preference for Diamine's subtle shade and shading. Both are great, but I find myself using the Diamine more often. Of course, this is a mostly subjective response!

I couldn't agree more, I have found the Diamaine range very, very good to work with in general from flow to saturation to shading properties. What a pleasure to have reliable inks that you can pick up and use without going through the headache of special incantations to make them work!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a newly-signed member, and this is my first posting, apart from a 'new member greeting'. Just wanted to say that I've just ordered some inks to fill my much neglected pens, inspired by the new MB my wife bought me for my birthday. I love the MB lavender that came with the pen, but after much study of websites have just ordered this green/black, and am delighted with what I've seen on the review at the head of this thread. These reviews are fantastic: provide so much insight and valuable information. Thanks a lot, all of you who have contributed. I shall no longer have to rely on poor quality swabs on suppliers' web pages!

I'm a newly-signed member, and this is my first posting, apart from a 'new member greeting'. Just wanted to say that I've just ordered some inks to fill my much neglected pens, inspired by the new MB my wife bought me for my birthday. I love the MB lavender that came with the pen, but after much study of websites have just ordered this green/black, and am delighted with what I've seen on the review at the head of this thread. These reviews are fantastic: provide so much insight and valuable information. Thanks a lot, all of you who have contributed. I shall no longer have to rely on poor quality swabs on suppliers' web pages!

Hi.......and :W2FPN:

Beware...the search for 'best' green/black is a never ending task...and can soak up ones funds :rolleyes:

But, you should try Diamine Sherwood Green, and of course Evergreen....then you can start on Browns....Diamine Chocolate Brown, Oxblood, :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi.......and :W2FPN:

Beware...the search for 'best' green/black is a never ending task...and can soak up ones funds :rolleyes:

But, you should try Diamine Sherwood Green, and of course Evergreen....then you can start on Browns....Diamine Chocolate Brown, Oxblood, :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks for the recommendation, 51ISH. I've already taken delivery of a bottle of Diamine Saddle Brown, but shall certainly take a look at the others you recommend. I'm so glad I've come across a forum where such things are discussed; no-one I know understands this obsession!

Welcome Bronte, and thank you for your kind comments. You are in Kernow too :eureka:? How lovely. You won't be disappointed with the Green Black, for me it has become a regular ink which I am really surprised about! I am glad you have joined FPN, you are in for a treat.