How Wide Do You Like Your Paper Ruled?

krbmsw

81 members have voted

1. 1. What size ruling do you prefer?

• 10mm
    • 8mm (just shy of American wide-ruled)
    • 6mm (just shy of American narrow-ruled)
    • 5mm
    • None at all. I prefer blank journals.
    • Seyes ruled

I use American Narrow Ruled and enjoy it with a fine or medium nib or 1.1mm stub. I want to try some Seyers ruled paper. Also, on the rare occasion, when I have it, I love lightly dotted paper with about 5x5mm or 6x6mm.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• krbmsw

• TMLee

• BeachBum

• celesul

eh, I use both blank and ruled, when ruled I prefer 10mm on large pages (ie A5 or bigger) but I recognize that's too big for wee books that are A6 and the like, so I can live with 8mm on those. But there are times and applications for which only blank would work.

So I didn't vote because I didn't want to skew your results, but if you tell me which you think it is they are after, I can enter something. Like for example, if they are looking to make a big notebook, I can vote '10mm', or if they're making purdy journals, I can enter 'blank' - you get the idea?

I'm not affiliated with ANY of the brands/retailers/shops/ebay sellers/whatever I mention or recommend. If that ever changes, I will let you know :)

Looking for a cheap Pilot VP/Capless - willing to put up with lots of cosmetic damage.

I voted for 8mm but 10 is fine by me too. My letter 'rounds' (does that word exist in this context?) are 3mm high and tails and stems 8mm and I loathe the sense of 'crowding' when I happen to have to write on anything less than 8mm. I prefer to write on A4 sheets only and find that the 25 lines of 10mm or 31 lines at 8mm to be plenty of text for a single sheet! My 0.02p worth! :embarrassed_smile:

Having said that, now that I've received my Rotring 600 with the EF nib I could probably stand a ruling width reduction as it's so pleasant to write smaller with that nib! :headsmack:

"Every job is good if you do your best and work hard.

A man who works hard stinks only to the ones that have

nothing to do but smell."

Laura Ingalls Wilder

Deleted.

Edited by Conan the Grammarian

Conan the Grammarian

“No place is boring, if you've had a good night's sleep and have a pocket full of unexposed film.” ~ Robert Adams

“Aerodynamics are for people who can’t build engines” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Cogito ergo spud. [i think therefore I yam.]

I voted for blank because that's what I usually use. If I happened to use ruled then 6mm or 7mm would be my choice. I have a medium sized handwriting and find 8mm too wide and 5mm too small for it.

Regards,

Halid